open Bangcolt Arena! (Fighting/Sol) -RP-

J.R.

"Oh, uh, alright..." said Raze, smiling back at the young filly. The cut on his head began to throb a bit, and Raze winced in pain and put a hoof to his bandaged forehead. He found a seat across from the front desk, and decided to sit in it. He looked at the filly. 

"So..." he said to her. "What's your name?

"Um..." She continued observing him with curious eyes, "my name is Yrel. I'm visiting from Rainbow Falls, to live with my Uncle for a while. He's teaching my about my family history..."

She frowned. "...They're really boring. But the stuff he has is cool! There's a heart made of ice, and a shield-badge, and a short staff that has all these cool carvings, and--" She broke off, as if only now considering if she should be explaining these things, "um..."

@P-Jay

Raze smiled at Yrel. "Sounds neat! Well, nice to meet you Yrel. I'm Raze." He waved his hoof at her.

"Rainbow Falls, huh? I've never been... and I've been to a lot of places..." He noticed Yrel staring at the weapons he had. He chuckled.

"You like my weapons?" he asked her kindly. "You know, each weapon tells a story... want me to tell you how I got them?"

@@Fractured,
Ice had finished pretty much over half of the burger by now. He swallowed what food he had in his mouth, and grinned at her. ​"No problem. This town is a really amazing place for ponies to hang out, test skills, have fun, meet new people...stuff like that." ​His ears twitched as he heard the intercom. ​"...Someone's challenging Luna. Oh boy. You know, me and Caliber have been training with Luna? She pretty much taught me how to fight blind. Literally with a blindfold. No way are they gonna be able to beat her. Especially considering I've seen her at near-full potential."

@Unicorncob

As the time portals began to slow, guided by Starlight's magic, Terra could see. A tiny, near barren place of stone huts and a drifting winter. Much different than she remembered it, but still... home. She floated closer to the star that contained it. "Everyone; here!" Without waiting, she reached out a single hoof, and touched it. The world began to spin...

-------

@The Down Trotten

Trixie had been staring at the tiny star containing her timeline for well over a minute now. It was only a particular voice that snapped her out of it, ringing into her ears. "Yeah... someday." As she heard Terra's voice in addition, signifying that she'd found the portal, she let it leave her attention. She floated past Rhetoric, towards Terra''s location. "Let's go."

-------

@Star Saber

"Hmmm..." Nightingale flipped back in her seat, thinking. For this job, there was obviously going to be no small amount of things she could ask for. Though, she thought to herself with a smirk, secretly, she'd do it just for kicks. Still, there was one thing she needed... She shot a look back to Fuse. "I want a favor. Just one favor. But not from you. From your boss."

-------

"Really?" Rarity asked in surprise, though it's not like she couldn't believe it; Ice Blizzard had been on no share of large and small adventures. "As an alicorn, I figured she'd be no slouch in the fighting department, but..." She took another bite of her salad, before leaning in closer to Ice Blizzard, all eyes on him. "What's it like?"

-------

Luna kicked backwards with a single step at the magical attack, dropping backwards to slide across the floor. Almost immediately afterward, she jumped backwards diagonally, flipping out her wings and taking flight. She passed towards the back of the room, before she banked, strafing around the interior as she dodged the rapid fire blasts.

All power, but no style. A single large dark orb split from her horn. Floating upward, it split into several pieces, before floating to separate corners of the room. They sat there, hovering. I'll have to thank my sister for teaching me this spell later...

@@Fractured

Copper looked up as Luna took flight after dodging his blasts.  He had been using power throughout this fight, and now he had to back up and go on the defensive.  He could swear he had seen that move before, so he stood in place, and prepped himself for what's to come.  It was fortunate that he was able to learn defensive magic and techniques while he trained.

(TTR: 13:50)

@@Fractured,

​"I'll tell you like this...." ​Ice went on, ​"When it first started out, I felt like I was in military school. Like...take every amount of training Rainbow Dash gets from Spitfire, but the instructor is more powerful, more lenient, and what's happening could potentially kill the average pony. That's what it's like. Caliber and I both have been getting extensive training on both ends. He mostly's been getting speed and endurance training. Whereas I'm getting sensory training."

​He took out the same blindfold he had been using for months when in Luna's training. It was a basic red blindfold with a single blue stripe attached to the end of it. Sort of like how martial arts belts worked. ​"Because my attacks can span over a wide area, Luna pretty much noticed that I have no control whatsoever. So after dropping me on my ass a few times...hehe, I pretty much became used to blind fighting."

As the orbs hung in the air, they pulled in the darkness around them, growing bigger as they nipped at it. The room jumped up a shade in intensity, starting to glow, as light rushed in to fill what remained. It slowly began to take on a polished sheen...

As Luna came to a stop on the ground, she tensed. Rearing up with her front hooves, she slammed them forward on the ground, hard enough to crack the surface. What would be otherwise damaging, however, turned into an attack, as the crystal responded to her magic, turning into a force. A wave of polished stone as tall as Luna herself shot from floor, heading quickly in Copper's direction.

--------

@J.R.

"Wow... it sounds pretty difficult. For me. It looks like you've managed to handle yourself pretty well, all things considered." She sat back. "It's funny... you'd think after all of this time, me and my friends would be some sort of expert fighters. We have saved Equestria at least a half a dozen times, after all. And yet, very of us have had any sort of real training. Though Twilight has come to training with Luna herself, and Rainbow Dash has her martial arts. And I have my fencing skills. It's not always helpful, in the situations we come across."

@@Fractured

As Copper figured, Luna's attack was heading straight for him.  He remained on the ground, knowing exactly how to counter the move.  He smiled, then charged a full powered Super Spin Dash, which was much faster and more powerful than the regular spin dash, and launched himself straight to Luna's attack much faster than his first move, tearing a hole in the wall and, while a little slower, headed straight for the moon princess.

@@Fractured,
​"Heh. Yup. But see, that's just what's so beautiful about everyone being special. We all have our own special abilities and tactics which we use to fight." ​He grinned at her, ​"I sure wouldn't wanna tangle with you guys. But I will say that I've been getting a lot better. I mean, even Celestia's said she's proud of me, which says a whole lot when you consider how powerful she is."

The orbs continued to eat the light around them, now the size of large grapefruits as they hung in the air, suspended. The crystal room had gone from a sky blue, to a polished white, an almost blinding reflection of light hanging on every surface. Even the shadows themselves had seemed to have disappeared, leaving not a single patch of shadow or shade behind.

Luna once again folded her wings together in front of her, blocking the charge. She slid back an additional inch this time, only holding her ground with exertion.

Can't use shadows in this light... Putting more strength into her push, she once again threw out her wings, hoping to propel him backwards.

-------

@J.R.

"True; I did see her last fight." She stopped, to put one hoof to her chin. "But, don't you think it's strange? For an alicorn to lose like that, I mean? Especially considering her opponent wasn't..." She tapped her chin, searching for the most polite response. "The best of fighters. Still, I suppose it wasn't the worst battle." She shrugged. " Very entertaining."

@@Fractured

Copper bounced back from Luna, and landed gracefully a few feet away.  He started to breathe a little, for he was a bit winded from every assault he gave her.  He smiled and said, "You're every bit as powerful as I thought you were, Princess Luna.  Maybe after this I could get some lessons from you."

He stomped his hooves on the ground, straining and making a golden aura surround him.  "I will not give up this fight, though."

"No... I did not suspect you would." Luna ignored the orbs for now. Using telekinesis, she began to pull on the floor, tugging on either side of Copper. With a massive tearing motion, both of the crystalline portions came shooting up, twin walls bigger than Copper himself bearing down on his location.

@@Fractured,
​Ice nodded. ​"Yeah, well, see that's the thing. Not every single fighter is gonna have an insurmountable edge over the other. I dunno, maybe something like that was unexpected. But I have to agree with you, it was entertaining. See, here's what's funny. The guy that beat her...was an earth pony...and pretty much used his wits and cunning to win the fight." ​He smirked, ​"Now, I have said in the past that unicorns are more universally adept, but earth ponies are no slouched either. And that's why Luna and Celestia helped train me with Caliber."

@@Fractured

Copper looked to both sides of him as he was being swarmed in.  He growled, then flew up, getting out of the walls before they could fully crush him.  He teleported, this time to Luna's left side, and flew with greater speed than before, punching to the ribs.

The orbs had finally stopped growing, now bigger than a pony's skull as they hung in the air. They no longer had a light source to draw from, so just hung in the air, waiting...

Luna took the punch this time, grunting and sliding backwards from the force. In retaliation, she reached out with her wings in the same instant, grabbing hold of the arm that had contacted her. Both wings holding on, she drew downward, aiming for the floor with enough strength to level several brick walls.

-------

@J.R.

"I see." Rarity smirked. "I thought it would've been your incredible fighting skills, or your indomitable fighting spirit, both of which you possess in abundance." She chuckled. "Really, Ice, surely you didn't expect the princesses to be exclusionary to the other races? Especially when it comes to combat." She poked at a leaf of her salad with her fork, and held it up. "My friend Applejack is better at fighting than most unicorns, i'd wager. Race has little to do with it."

@@Fractured

As soon as the connection was made, Copper drew his hoof away...

Or so he thought he did.

He was caught off guard by the wings grabbing him, but he didn't fold.  Instead, he used it to his advantage, grabbing Luna with his back hooves and making a golden blue ball with her and himself with all his might before making contact with the floor underneath.

@@Fractured
​Ice blushed slightly at the compliment. ​"Eheh. True. When you're skilled you're skilled. I mean, I imagine Applejack could easily take down someone easily if she was mad enough. In fact, if you know what you're doing, someone short can easily trump someone 20 times their size." ​He grinned. "But the princesses have helped me pretty much unlock my potential to the point now where I can easily fight someone who uses obstruction of vision to hamper their opponents. I mean, I don't like to brag, but....I'm..pretty damn good."

The floor cracked under the force, splitting into different directions as Luna made impact. Back downward, she looked upwards in annoyance, before teleporting away, re-emerging some thirty feet away from Copper. She blew one strand of her mane away from her, before looking up to the orbs.

_ It's time. _ In response to her magic, the orbs activated with a blink. Solid black energy lanced out in beams in multiple directions, powerful enough to shatter the ground and walls wherever it contacted it. And they continued to move; the entire room began to take on the presence of a laser cage as they scattered around, scorching the ground as they traveled. Slowly, the room's intensity began to dim, as the darkness returned, with a force.

-------

@J.R.

"Oh, don't worry, I know." She smiled. "I have fought you twice already. And, if I remember correctly, the last battle was only in my favor because of a corrupted La Clochette. I still don't know where that hurricane came from..." She paused, hoof to her chin, before she shrugged, pushing it away. "I suppose it doesn't matter. Point is, I know how strong you are. And I know that you've earned it; you're entire life has been a struggle for this exact spot. And you've finally made it."

@@Fractured,

Despite being so cool and collected around Rarity on usual terms. He couldn't help but blush and grin like a silly little colt when she complimented him. ​"Aw, thanks..." ​he said as he rubbed the back of his head, ​"I really appreciate that. It has been really a pain in the ass to make it where I am. But I'm happy. From becoming famous for making it through Tartarus, a well-rounded fighter, adventurer...and best of all.." ​he flashed her another awkward grin, ​"..meeting some of the ponies I've come to know and care for. It's a pretty nice way to live. I wouldn't have it any other way."

@@Fractured

Copper got up from falling to the floor, shaking his head.  The moment he heard noise, he looked at the orbs, which are now firing multiple lasers on each one.  Giving Luna an angry look, he took to the air, using a powerful blast of magic to take out an orb closest to him.  That done, he proceeded to the next one, charging up a magic blast to take it out.

@@Fractured,

Maverick grinned and let out a quiet chuckle as Nightengale stated her price, this was unexpected but none the less amusing. He leaned forwards, resting his elbows on the table and resting his head on his hooves, “I’m sure that can be arranged. Now do you have something in mind already or is this one of those ‘save for later’ kind of favors?”

(edited)

Every orb would stop when they were attacked, rupturing and breaking open impact. But they would also explode, solid black energy erupting in waves as all of the pent up energy they contained was released at once. The eight still remaining hung in the air around around the room as before, still spewing energy into the trails that drifted around the room.

Luna felt the darkness return to the room, from a dim shade to just barely enough to even see, and she grinned; it was almost like re-meeting an old friend. 

My eternal ally. Shadows started to form around her, settling down onto the floor until they'd formed a pool, big enough for her to stand. In a flash, she sank through it, into the floor itself.

For better, or for worse. An instant later, she re-appeared, less than a few feet above Copper. She instantly shifted her position downward, sweeping into a blindingly fast drop kick, aimed for his back.

-------

@J.R.

"Awww..." She flashed him a small smile, as she placed her fork back into her bowl; she'd gotten the hint. "Honestly, I feel much the same about my Boutiques. Though everything from setting up shops to even designing the ensemble is hard work, there's not another feeling like the one that comes across you when can look up, see the full results of all your hard work and effort, and say to yourself..." She leaned forward, and made two small fanning motions with both of her hooves. "I did it." She leaned back. "Though, naturally, my journey's not done, and neither is yours. One step at a time, correct?"

------

@Star Saber

"Much the latter." Nightingale smirked. "But do try not to worry. As opposed to most ponies who choose this occupation, i'm in it for strikingly little. I don't want power, or prestige, or even to make a change. I'm just in it for the hell of it." She leaned forward, and whispered, before dropping back to her seat. "Regardless, there's no cause for suspicion. What I want from your boss he should easily be able to give me. And in exchange for a job this size, he should be more than willing to pay." She went back to smirking. "This is going to cause a hell of a stir, all things considered."

Edited by Fractured

(edited)

@@Fractured

Copper didn't notice the floor that turned into a pool, and he certainly didn't notice Luna coming down on him.  He took the blow, grunting and again when he hit the floor.  He looked at Luna, then saw the pool.  He smiled, saying, "Guess I did you a favor."  He retaliated by giving her a blistering fast uppercut and, teleporting to an exact spot, unleashed a war cry, sending volley after volley of magic blasts throughout the hall, destroying the other eight orbs while giving Luna a run for her bits.

Edited by Unstoppable Luck

@@Fractured,
"Corrrrect~! And for that, you win another tidbit of awesome!" ​I​ce said in a cheesy game show host-ish voice, then reverted to his normal tone. ​"Seriously, though. You're right. Neither of our lives are over from where we stand at the moment. Each of us still have chapters within, that we have to carry out soon." ​He smirked, and leaned back with his hooves behind his head, ​"But why rush it, ya know? Life is good when ya slow down and have fun when you can. I suppose it won't be as hard to enjoy my birthday this year either. Heck, I already got what I wanted."

(edited)

Luna sunk into a pool before contact, re-appearing on the floor. As the orbs burst, they began to spew more darkness, and all light in the room gradually faded, and then beyond that. In seconds, the room was wrapped in a pitch, filled with inky blackness so strong, that it seemed to push on the light, rejecting it. Nothing could be seen.

Except, Luna could. This was her comfort. Her home. 

"You remind me of my sister. Seeking the light, dwelling in it. I do not reject that lifestyle. In fact, I much admire it." Dozens of inky black, sharp edged tendrils rose from the floor. They snaked and twisted their way through the air, silently heading for Copper. "But there's no light here for you." They split, converging to cover as much area as possible as they tried to ensnare him. "You're in my domain, now."

-------

@J.R.

"Oh, really?" Rarity leaned forward, sparks of interest flashing in her eyes. "Do tell." In her mind, prospects of what it could be were already flashing through her head, but she couldn't for the life of her settle on a proper answer. She then blinked as she remembered, and touched her purse; she hadn't given Ice Blizzard his present, yet.

Edited by Fractured