Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A very very angry Changeling or "Damnit Chryssi, I'm a Changeling, not a doctor!

Konsumo

...maybe he stubbed his hoof?

...or maybe someone took his sandwich

...maybe he practised making his war-face

....maybe....he's like "Damnit Chryssi, I'm a Changeling, not a doctor!"

We may never know!

post-33000-0-24741000-1446118441_thumb.png

This pic is actually for my boardgame Ponyville Mystery. Our little mad Changeling here will be one of the many enemies.

post-33000-0-21550300-1446118779_thumb.png

• Brohoof 5

The game seems interesting, did you make the card yourself?

The game itself is based on the boardgame Arkham Horror and some designs bear a close resemblance to the counterparts in Arkham Horror. All card designs and stats are inspired by the original boardgame, everything else is my work. An example:

Arkham Horror

post-33000-0-35134300-1446215663.png

Ponyville Mystery

post-33000-0-35438100-1432996049_thumb.png

Aside from that, every artwork, every little story for the encounters, every design is my own work. 

The game itself is based on the boardgame Arkham Horror and some designs bear a close resemblance to the counterparts in Arkham Horror.

I knew the card design looked familiar, so kudos for having good taste in board games ^^

The changeling itself is very well done, with the illumination effects as well as detail/coloration to the armor nicely done.  It sure is quite the intimidating little thing, that's for sure, and not something I'd want to cross paths with.  One can hope that they only stubbed their hoof.

The only thing that bugs me is the ear, as I feel it should be a bit further back on the head instead of resting just above the brow.  Other than that, lovely work here and I wish you the best of luck with the rest of your game ^^

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I knew the card design looked familiar, so kudos for having good taste in board games ^^

The changeling itself is very well done, with the illumination effects as well as detail/coloration to the armor nicely done.  It sure is quite the intimidating little thing, that's for sure, and not something I'd want to cross paths with.  One can hope that they only stubbed their hoof.

The only thing that bugs me is the ear, as I feel it should be a bit further back on the head instead of resting just above the brow.  Other than that, lovely work here and I wish you the best of luck with the rest of your game ^^

First of all, thank you  :)

As for the ear, I actually shifted it around during the creation process of the picture quite a bit. I stuck with this version for two main reasons. One being on how the ear seems to continue the „line“ the back of the head is drawing, creating a little more sleek and dynamic appearance.

Same thing in the front – the ear continues the “line” drawn by the surrounding stuff (brow and horn). I took this liberty not unlike I took the liberty of changing the appearance of the ear itself and not showing the back fins they have instead of a mane. The second reason is the purpose of the artwork itself. I did not want to cut off more of the ear by the template while trying to keep the changeling itself as big as possible.

So... I agree... the position of the ear is debatable, but done like this with reason.

Edited by Konsumo
  • Brohoof 1

@@Konsumo,

Fair enough, as I can understand your reasoning behind all of that.  Despite that sole reservation, it still takes away little from the overall finished project.  As I mentioned before, I'll say it again, lovely job ^^