Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did DHX dodge a bullet?

LordDiscord

I know its been a while since the release of "The Scare Master" but I thought I would finally bring up a topic that has been on my mind for a while now. As many of you must know, the episode "The Scare Master" was leaked a few weeks prier to its actual release date and as a result was uploaded to Youtube. I admittedly was one of the few( admit it I know a few of you out their could not resist)that watched the leaks as they appeared on Youtube. Now I know what you all must be thinking, "so what if the episode released early, alot of episodes get leaked" while this is true, the episode itself was not the issue but the ponies that had appeared in it. The original leak released prior to "Crusaders of the Lost Mark" which was a big and special episodes to alot of us because it marks the end of the CMCs ark, as they finally got their marks, but the problem with "The Scare Master" that despite leaking before "Crusaders of the Lost Mark" the episode itself takes place after "Crusaders of the Lost Mark" and just so happens to feature the 3 little fillies in question. Now the reason I am asking do you think that DHX dodged a bullet is because in the very episode the CMC had costumes on that covered their plots and their Cutie-Marks. Seeing how "Crusaders of the Lost Mark" was intended to be a special episode, marking the 5 year anniversary of the shows original air date and the fact that DHX had been very vague in what they showed about the episode and the description. Had it had been any other episodes that had leaked out by mistake, then the reveal of the CMCs cutiemarks would have been leaked out long before it was meant to be revealed thus ruining the overall surprise, because lets face it, the second those marks were saw they would have been plastered all over the internet, you would literally stay of the internet until the episode released, otherwise you would likely have been spoiled. So yeah considering the episode that leaked, do any of you feel they were lucky or do some believe this was intentional in some way. 

• Brohoof 5

Now that I think about it, what was the production order? Wasn't Scare Master made before Crusaders of the Lost Mark? Regardless they were pretty lucky

I was thinking the exact same thing when watching the episode after it was leaked. Me and my friend were scanning through the episode constantly to see if their Cutie Marks were visible, but to no avail. I suppose they got really lucky with that, because it would have completely ruined the surprise otherwise. XD

I think they made Scare Master to show for Halloween before that other episode. But who knows maybe they did already planned it so they were covered up so we can't see their cutie marks, they know how bronies like to jump up and down about graphical anomalies. 

I'm trying to put the episodes in chronological order (To Dream the Impossible Dream).  Chronologically, Scare Master is October 31 of year 2 & is probably the 1st or 2nd episode after the pilot (probably after the one where they all decorate the castle).  COTLM must be the last CMC episode. (You have to wonder why they had elections at that time.  Possibly, the last president moved out of town) If Apple Bloom did not have her mark in the Hearth's Warming episode, (I wasn't watching close enough to see) that makes it Spring, year 2.  Otherwise, December, year 2

So, yes, showing the Crusaders as having Cutie Marks at that time would be a SERIOUS sequencing error & they caught a break

Edited by sweetolebob18

I'm trying to put the episodes in chronological order (To Dream the Impossible Dream).  Chronologically, Scare Master is October 31 of year 2 & is probably the 1st or 2nd episode after the pilot (probably after the one where they all decorate the castle).  COTLM must be the last CMC episode. (You have to wonder why they had elections at that time.  Possibly, the last president moved out of town) If Apple Bloom did not have her mark in the Hearth's Warming episode, (I wasn't watching close enough to see) that makes it Spring, year 2.  Otherwise, December, year 2

So, yes, showing the Crusaders as having Cutie Marks at that time would be a SERIOUS sequencing error & they caught a break

Now you've mention it, it was the last CMC episode before their disbandment. And y'see, that's how they stopped being friends because of their Cutie Marks.

She did have her mark, in every episode after "Crusaders of the Lost Mark that featured the CMC, they had their marks. So had the episode "What about Discord" or "The Mane Event" aired early, the surprise would have been ruined.

• Brohoof 1

It was pure coincidence, and a pretty good one at that.

They wouldn't have any way to know that Scare Master would be leaked, and it was the fault of an Apple employee that it leaked, (through iTunes) not DHX's.

It was pure coincidence, and a pretty good one at that.

They wouldn't have any way to know that Scare Master would be leaked, and it was the fault of an Apple employee that it leaked, (through iTunes) not DHX's.

I'm not saying it was DHX's fault, I am saying that all the work they put into keeping the CMC getting their marks a secret would have been wasted if it had been any other episode after "CoTLM".

I'm not saying it was DHX's fault, I am saying that all the work they put into keeping the CMC getting their marks a secret would have been wasted if it had been any other episode after "CoTLM".

I fully agree. I must have slightly misunderstood your post.