Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Friendship doesn't exist

arftbmrf

Friendship doesn't exist, because it hasn't happened to you. In other news, world hunger is a myth because you ate today, and global warming is a myth because you weren't that cold today. This is the news, coming to you live from Fox News.

Edited by SilverStarApple
  • Brohoof 1

I can assure you that all your so-called friendships are temporary and short living. Within a year, at most, it'll end, and you will be wondering, just like I did, in my due time: "How could I be so stupid to believe in friendship?"

I'm not just speculating, I'm speaking from my rather rich experience. I think it worhs something, isn't it?

I can assure you that all your so-called friendships are temporary and short living. Within a year, at most, it'll end, and you will be wondering, just like I did, in my due time: "How could I be so stupid to believe in friendship?"

I'm not just speculating, I'm speaking from my rather rich experience. I think it worhs something, isn't it?

Well your "rich experience" is once again just YOUR experience.

And once again I can prove it as not a universal fact by saying that I talked to my best friend today, a girl I've known for about SEVEN years now. So stop making excuses, pull your head out of your rear, and go make some real friends.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 4

Is this really still going? How in the hell can we actually argue over something which is a creation of the mind, your feelings, and to generalize all friendships based on anecdotes. Honestly, this is stupidity to great levels. You cannot generalize something like this, nor can you really have any legitimacy behind your claims if you refuse to truly experience friendship. Friendship exists, maybe not to OP based on refusal, but to everyone else you cannot deny how they feel(Especially with those much further into their age with longstanding friendships). It can't be argued.

• Brohoof 2

The edge is just so real over here. Like, the entirety of Sega is looking over my shoulder and just absolutely sobbing in jealousy at the edge levels in this thread because they highly exceed anything Shadow the Hedgehog could ever hope to achieve.

Edited by Krynnymuffin
  • Brohoof 3

The edge is just so real over here. Like, the entirety of Sega is looking over my shoulder and just absolutely sobbing in jealousy at the edge levels in this thread because they highly exceed anything Shadow the Hedgehog could ever hope to achieve.

Don't bad mouth my original husbando/gaifu, Shadow. He is the KING of edge. I may not be in the Sonic fandom anymore, but sempai Shadow still gets credit for being the inspiration for my name. XD

Well your "rich experience" is once again just YOUR experience.

And once again I can prove it as not a universal fact by saying that I talked to my best friend today, a girl I've known for about SEVEN years now. So stop making excuses, pull your head out of your rear, and go make some real friends.

I've had experience with hundreds of people. Too many to be just a coincidence, don't you think?

I will not pretend anything, so i will speak from the bottom of my heart. If you stand right infront of me right now, i would slap you in the face, for questioning my friendship and questioning the friendship of everybody else in the world.

Yes, i know i probably get in trouble from the mods for saying this. But you deserve it.

What I deserve and don't deserve is nobody's business. And if you can only respond with violence, we've got nothing to discuss.

Is this really still going? How in the hell can we actually argue over something which is a creation of the mind, your feelings, and to generalize all friendships based on anecdotes. Honestly, this is stupidity to great levels. You cannot generalize something like this, nor can you really have any legitimacy behind your claims if you refuse to truly experience friendship. Friendship exists, maybe not to OP based on refusal, but to everyone else you cannot deny how they feel(Especially with those much further into their age with longstanding friendships). It can't be argued.

I do not generalize. I analyze what happened to me for several years, and the outcome is clear: "Friendship doesn't exist". I apologise if it wasn't clear from the beginning.

I've had experience with hundreds of people. Too many to be just a coincidence, don't you think?

Oh, no, you're totally right there.

It's not a "coincidence". There's a common factor in all your experiences.

It's you, hon.

It's time for some self reflection, or nothing is ever going to change for you.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 2

I do not generalize. I analyze what happened to me for several years, and the outcome is clear: "Friendship doesn't exist". I apologise if it wasn't clear from the beginning.

That is called an anecdote, using anecdotes as a basis for argument is generalizing. In conjunction with a great deal of other personal accounts similar to your own experiences then your claims have more legitimacy. As of right now you are in a minority of people, especially when the accounts include poor effort. I've had the same experience as you(Rephrase: In reference to your rich experience part I have had rich experiences myself), but from reading what you posted I definitely have more. Who's personal experience is factual, yours or mine? Neither as a whole, but other experiences are what makes something factual rather than a single instance.

• Brohoof 1

Just putting my 2 cents in: friendships don't last forever.

Some lasts weeks, some longer. There's a very blurry line between friends and acquaintances.

What I'm saying is that your problem lies in what you define as friendship.

But then again, what I say won't change anything; you probably made this thread after getting stabbed in the back by someone you considered a 'friend'

Considering the tone of this thread it will be closed for the time being.

Thank you.

• Brohoof 7

Alright everypony, this topic has become rather toxic and needs to be locked. I understand the bitterness one or two of you feel, honestly I do. There was a time when I was much younger I may have thought along the same lines as you, though it was mostly due to some rather dramatic life changes during my teen years and a strong desire to over internalize. That said, friendship exists ... and it is one of the most poignant things I have witnessed. Hell, I ended up marrying my best friend after my undergraduate degree. I have a host of friends online and off that mean the universe to me.

Yes Virginia ... there is a Twilight. You just need to keep taking chances :)

Locked for all time!

• Brohoof 6