Is Celestia's age weakening her?

TheMarkz0ne

Age is an relative term to define the physical condition and mental state of an body. Celestia, in fact shows no signs of age in both physical and mental wellness. Celestia can somewhat "mask" her true age by creating a magic spell, like a time spell? Or alot has to do with being a Alicorn? thus having the ability to reduce to effects of aging by countless years and that I think that magical age and physical age are connected and as a result.

I'm not against finding in-universe explanations, but I can't be bothered when something as dumb as this persists, especially for this long. How many more excuses can be made before the excuses and stories lose credibility? Actually, they've already lost credibility to me for this reason.

Even if she has gotten weaker over time, she still has plenty of raw magic (and knowledge due to her lifespan), so she wouldn't/shouldn't just sit on the sidelines and let everypony else solve some big problem. She'd still try to figure out a way to help, or make some other contribution to the solution. What was given in "The Crystalling" was far too little (so much so that it might as well have been nothing), especially considering how long her uselessness has lasted.

Well geez man, if what she did in "the Crystalling" wasn't enough, what would be? Blasting a KT extinction asteroid out of the sky?

Celestia's power being on the wane would certainly explain why she was putting so much effort into grooming a replacement for herself, first Sunset, and then when she didn't work out, Twilight.

We have seen Celestia nested on numerous occasions, most notably by Tirek whom she didn't even attempt to stand up to.  You may account for this by her no longer being a bearer of the elements of harmony, but who is to say that the elements (or the tree) didn't disassociate themselves from her precisely because they sensed that she was in her decline, and they wanted a new bearer(s).

qDMpMKO.jpg

Well geez man, if what she did in "the Crystalling" wasn't enough, what would be? Blasting a KT extinction asteroid out of the sky?

The difference between her and Rainbow Dash was her being more cold-resistant. Not very impressive, tbh.

I even dare to say, that her sister didn't do better is the only reason for not more ridicule for the weak sun raiser.

Edited by Swifty
  • Brohoof 1

Swifty's answer is already good enough, but I'll elaborate on my perspective. Apparently, according to the episodes, she knows absolutely nothing about curbing uncontrollable power or fixing an ancient artifact. In "The Cutie Re-Mark", Nightmare Moon, who is also Luna, knows absolutely nothing about time traveling spells. The alicorn sisters don't need to know everything, not that it would be reasonable for them to, but what do they know about? I can't recall Celestia displaying any useful knowledge that wasn't exposition. They've been alive for a fair while, especially Celestia since she wasn't imprisoned for a millennium, so they should have read more than a few books, have some weird experiences, and thus know and find out about at least a few things. The sisters may have been given more to do in these episodes, but that's like adding one grain of sand to a beach.

• Brohoof 1