Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Ponywatch [Overwatch RP]

Your Nightly Spectre

(edited)

So, this roleplay is an idea[Need] of mine due to Blizzards new video game 'Overwatch' which I believe/hopy many people are quite much hyped for!

"Ponywatch is set in the far-future Equestria, years after the resolution of the global-scale "Omnic Crisis". This crisis put pony kind under threat of the "Omnic" artificial intelligence. This led to the uprising of robots all around the world and a massive conflict on the global scale. To end this conflict, an international task force called "Ponywatch" was formed by the United Equestrian Nations to protect humanity, ending the Crisis In the years after, Ponywatch remained as a peacekeeping force, but after multiple incidents of criminal activity popped up around the globe, accusations of corruption and sedition began to surface. The people turned against those who had saved them. Once regarded as heroes, members of Ponywatch were then looked down upon with suspicion. Then one day, the headquarters of Ponywatch were suddenly destroyed—apparently by accident. After this event, the task force was eventually disbanded. It is believed by some that the cause of the downfall of Ponywatch was due actually to an elaborate conspiracy by those who wanted to see the end of the organization"

There, isn't that just lovely? This is a ponyfied Overwatch roleplay in quite much a ponyfied Overwatch setting... is really all I can say right now.

If you're up for it feel free to leave a character and a statement that you're up for it or considering, both villains and heroes are welcome and you can even have two characters on both sides. This is an OC RP and your OCs powers/abilities can either be copies/resemble actual Overwatch character or you can simply make up something original.

*Try and keep your characters down to earth and realistic, no mary sues or completely overpowered people.

*When it comes to the abilities these are not the only things you can do but a general view into your characters abilities, try and set them out as if they were an actual video game character but have them be simple with a special ability to top that.

*There will be two teams, the Heroes and the Villains. How those two will face each other and why we will decide among ourselves because I'm still thinking about it.

____[is late, don't judge me.]____

Name:

Team: [Heroes/villains/3rd Party]

Nickname:

Description:

Ability 1:

Ability 2:

Ability 3:

Special Ability:

Other:

Name: Nightlight

Team: Heroes

Nickname: Spectre

Description: [i'll make an OC page for him sometime tomorrow.] A white coated unicorn with a neat but unkempt mane and tail. Being one of the founding members of Ponywatch his rank was the lower sergeant taken out right of the royal guard to answer the crisis with the newly formed team. He was the 'to die for' handsome mare-bane of the team for sure and after the crisis was over even though he didn't get the main thanks and praise, he still got his fair deal of it. But after the crisis and the dismantling of the team he found himself falling into a deep depression which he only managed to get out of once he returned to his job as a hero, serving as a vigilante and dealing with crooks and clearing the streets... and later on his own team mates that turned against the old organization or were hired by the wrong people...

His job was the sharp eye sharpshooter and watchman of the team during missions, with a constructed short range blink device assisted by his magic and powered light armor suit and advanced sniper rifle he was easily a recognizable icon. Due to managing to salvage or re-create some of the tech he was as deadly as ever... now answering to nobody but his sense of justice and law.

Ability 1: Sniper Shot - A simple shot from his sniper.

Ability 2: Blink - A short ranged teleport that assists him in travel and various close quarter situations.

Ability 3: Soundless Steps - His suits light foot module allows him to move around soundlessly around the battlefield and also allows the blink spell to be undetectable, not flashing any lights and soundless aswell.

Special Ability: Precise Strikes - Using his suits and snipers tracking and automatic aiming abilities Nightlight managed to execute several quick shots assisted by his aiming system to completely obliterate any targets he marks to be executed within his range. The weapons high powered bolts can pierce through thick cement walls as well.

Other: His electric shock sword for mele.

Edited by The Nightly Spectre

(edited)

So, wait, we can just use our OC and pick any three abilities we want? If that's the case, then here's mine:

Name: Kronos
Team: Mercenary (can align with either Heroes or Villans, depending on who pays for his services)
Nicknames: Gabriel, Krux, Big Daddy
Description:https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/kronos-r9358

Ability 1: Holy Swordsman Mode (Gabriel); Has twin light katanas, can heal self and allies, can shield them to significantly reduce damage, can shoot "holy light" from his swords for a long range attack that needs to recharge, also uses twin light pistols with uncanny speed and unbelievable accuracy

Ability 2: Bloodknight Mode (Krux): Abilities and form dependent on health level, i.e. 80%-100% Health= Has Hemophite armor, attack and defense significantly increased at the cost of harsh speed and attack speed reduction, 50%-80% Health= Loses Hemophite armor, attack, attack speed and movement speed slightly increased at the cost of defensive reduction, 50% Health and below= Goes into Berserker mode, defense harshly reduced to near nothing while attack, attack speed and movement speed greatly increase and attacks restore health equal to 10% of damage dealt

Ability 3: Power Armor Assault Mode (Big Daddy): Slowest of the three modes, but packs a big wallop and can take as much as he can dish out. Insane amounts of attack and defensive power, but high-powered long range attacks have low accuracy. Close range attacks, however, should only be taken by other defensively-built characters as Big Daddy can nearly kill anything directly in front of him. Has more critical hit areas than other modes (Other two modes have critical hit areas on the head only, whereas Big Daddy has critical hit areas on his head to kill him quickly, joints to slow him down or disable his movement, and shoulders to disable his ability to use his firearms)

Special Ability: Rally Stance: Increases attack and defense of self and allies around him to an amount determined by the number of allies surrounding Kronos (More allies=bigger bonus to self and allies) for a brief period of time.

Other: Can align with any side, and depending on who Kronos is aligned with, one of his modes will be more effective while another would not be as effective, i.e., Heroes: Gabriel is more effective while Krux is less effective and vice versa

Edited by Kronos

Alright, we gotta play as everyone's favorite sixty-year-old German(e) man pony.

Name: Reinhardt Stonehelm
Team: Heroes
Description: Reinhardt Stonehelm styles himself as a champion of a bygone age, who lives by the knightly codes of valor, justice, and courage.

Reinhardt, a highly decorated Germane soldier, was inducted as part of the original Ponywatch strike team that put an end to the Omnic Crisis. After the conflict's resolution, Ponywatch grew into a global institution, keeping the peace in a war-torn world. Reinhardt proved himself to be one of its most stalwart champions- his unique ethics and larger-than-life persona earned the admiration of his peers and superiors alike. Never afraid to speak his mind, he was Ponywatch's most vocal supporter and, when necessary, its harshest critic, providing a constant reminder that the organization was meant to be a force for good.

Having served into his late fifties, Reinhardt was faced with mandatory retirement from combat operations. Despondent about being removed from active duty, Reinhardt feared that his days of purpose and glory had ended. As times grew darker and Ponywatch came under suspicion of corruption and sedition, Reinhardt could only watch as the cause he had dedicated his life to defending surrendered in disgrace. Though Ponywatch was eventually disbanded, he was not content to sit idly by while the world fell to disorder. Once again donning his Crusader armor, he has vowed to fight for justice across Europe like a knight of old, defending the innocent and winning hearts and minds with the promise of better days to come.

Ability 1: Rocket Hammer- Reinhardt’s Rocket Hammer is an exemplary melee weapon, able to deal punishing damage in a wide arc with every swing.
Ability 2: Energy Shield- Reinhardt projects a broad, forward-facing energy barrier, which can absorb substantial damage before it is destroyed. Though Reinhardt can protect himself and his companions behind the barrier, he cannot attack while sustaining it.
Ability 3: Charge- Reinhardt charges forth in a straight line, pinning the first enemy in his path and knocking others aside. If he collides with a wall, the foe he’s carrying suffers extreme damage.

Ability 4: Fire Strike- By whipping his Rocket Hammer forward, Reinhardt slings a flaming projectile which pierces and damages any enemies it touches.
Special Ability: Earthshatter- Reinhardt forcefully slams his Rocket Hammer into the ground, knocking down and damaging all enemies in front of him.

Why didn't I change the first name? Because translated from German, Reinhardt means 'good counsel' or 'brave' so I figured that it would be a good pony name. :catface:

Love Overwatch and can't wait to beat up some bad guys. Runnerups include Soldier: 76 or Reaper. In fact, will probably play the Reaper equivalent if no one else plays a bad guy.

k i guess heres some details

nickname:Eclipse

Group:heroes

Description:a butt kcking machine ready for action very swift exellent accuracy but not  a social pone

has two looks his normal is my avatar and his battle is pure black and an eclipse as his cutiemark also illuminous cyan eyes of course a unicorn

Ability 1:sharp shot a continous ray of headshots with throwing knives

Ability2: icu can see the others through the walls and has a tendancy on shooting through them with a pistol

Ability 3: darkend diamond blade with a nasty slash from this blade apponents get knocked back with high damage

Other: a simple blade with a rifle inside melee and range damage

(edited)

I love this game... I might as well try to make my own part. :P

Name: Cinnamon Pop

Group: Mercenaries (can change, "whoever makes her mad first) Easily can backstab.

Description: An excellent support character who can do light amounts of healing, and a somewhat effective speed boost to those around her. Cannot cause a lot of damage unless defended by others.

Ability 1: "Taunt" points her out instead of her teammates. If she's in plain sight, then characters within medium range of her automatically target her for a 5-10 second period. Providing a good distraction for her teammates.

Ability 2: "Buffing Pulse" heals allies with a forth of their health bar as well as doubling their speed. She prefers to do this in well covered places since she's vulnerable to sniper/tank fire (x2 critical chance) while casting this ability.

Ability 3: "Leech" Sucks enemy's health, and places it in her or the closest ally. But if a character on the opposing team gets in between the ally of health is being transported, then the healing will go to them instead.

Special Ability: "Vendetta" Cinnamon completely charges the enemy team with a dagger, that causes devastating damage, she locks on to a short range character, and charges that character, then if other teammates are around, then she will charge them. Can be lead into traps.

Her Special Ability Shriek "Sound of Death" is: "You're going to die where you stand!!!"

Other: Has a somewhat childish personality, even on the battlefield.

She can be influenced by enemies to walk straight into traps at the start of matches.

If trapped... She usually begs to not be killed.

Cannot fly. (is a pegasus)

Edited by CinnamonPop

I can't help myself this games is excellent.

Name: Silverlight

Nickname: Hunter

Group: Mercenary (usually sides with heroes but depending on their opinions in each battle can vary)

Description: When the crisis took place, he helped ponies take refuge in his home, the forest. Later, after Ponywatch disbanded, he became a mercenary hunting down those who became criminals even gaining a few bits out of it, he would also hunt the casual civilian if in need of caps. Hiding under a hooded cloak and speaking very few words, he is known for his quick ability to kill and disappear. His nickname comes from gangs who have lost members to him, saying he will hunt down his target to the end of time. He speaks few words for he is scared a revealing his dark past. Now using his trusty modified musket, (as in it has a higher range, modern reload mechanism, and scope, plus being able to switch to 3 round burst if necessary) he takes to the city taking out anyone in his way as he hunts his main and unknown target.

Ability 1: "triple" switches from one shot to three round burst

Ability 2: "tracking" can see his rivals footsteps in red, allies in green, and other optional targets in Orange

Ability 3: "switch" changes musket to a club for melee (stays until this ability is used again)

Special Ability: "The Hunt" turns into a wolf and has three wolves as followers, tracking commences...lasts for about a minute,

"Sound of Death": "Let the Hunt Commence"

Other: being a unicorn, Hunter hides the light of his magic...very quiet he will rarely comment or talk to other characters in battle, but will talk on occasion. He hides his face to hide his true identity so to not have another accident with friends Or family. Is an offense/defense mix.

Do message me if you're still up for it!

Sorry that I took my time! I had IRL stuff pop up and I wasn't in a Forum mood.

...And also this RP didn't get as much attention earlier 0-0...

@,

Aye, yer in.

@@Sunset light,

Hm, we'll see, you're in. :)

@,

Hm.....Sure, it is an interesting idea I suppose. ^^

@@CinnamonPop,

*Presses accept button*

@@silvermoon15000,

*Continues pressing accept button, eventually breaking it. *

• Brohoof 3

Sorry that it took me forever, I kind of lost the drive for this RP and got busy with other ones due to how long it took for people to grow interest to this in the first place.

But, non-the-less I will be starting the RP tomorrow.

@@silvermoon15000, @, @@CinnamonPop, @@Sunset light, @, @@Ethan Sawyer,

It's been a couple of days. Where's the link to the RP?
  • Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...