What an adorable little poni!  :fluttershy:  The blue color gives off a breezy feeling which I very much like. I also like how the wings are colored differently than their coat color. It's a nice detail.

What an adorable little poni!  :fluttershy:  The blue color gives off a breezy feeling which I very much like. I also like how the wings are colored differently than their coat color. It's a nice detail.

Thanks! I based this pony off of a non-pony character. Anything I could improve?

What a cute character and art style!

You asked how to improve, so here's what I noticed. The lines look slightly shaky. I think it would look better if they were smoother.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

What a cute character and art style!

You asked how to improve, so here's what I noticed. The lines look slightly shaky. I think it would look better if they were smoother.

Meh, that would be my laziness. "Be less lazy" it is, then!

Edited by Amorphous
  • Brohoof 1

It's an interesting color scheme with the cyan and white but I can't really tell whether it's a stallion or a mare. Maybe it's supposed to not be overly manly or girly.. or maybe I'm just stupid haha :P I would also like to see some smoother lines like grepper said and I suggest that you practice to draw a pony's body from different vertical angles to get the shape and perspective right.

It's an interesting color scheme with the cyan and white but I can't really tell whether it's a stallion or a mare. Maybe it's supposed to not be overly manly or girly.. or maybe I'm just stupid haha :P I would also like to see some smoother lines like grepper said and I suggest that you practice to draw a pony's body from different vertical angles to get the shape and perspective right.

It's a stallion, though he's not really supposed to resemble either gender particularly strongly. I'll try to draw not-ugly lines next time I draw a pony. Or maybe I won't because I'm lazy. Thanks!

It's a stallion, though he's not really supposed to resemble either gender particularly strongly. I'll try to draw not-ugly lines next time I draw a pony. Or maybe I won't because I'm lazy. Thanks!

One more thing.. Drawing your own poses is quite difficult unless you know your anatomy, something that might help is to look at other ponies in a certain pose, and then draw your pony in that particular pose. Once you're done, find some other pictures of ponies and draw your pony in those poses. After drawing your pony in a whole bunch of different ways... redraw all of them over and over and over again, and once you're done, you're not done. ...Because you probably need to do another 10 re-drawings. haha but at the end, you'll have a bunch of different references in your head on how the body will look from different angles. When you know this, it's much easier to create your own poses and make the anatomy look good.

@@Jokuc,

I draw my own poses because I practiced until they looked reasonably okay, but drawing a leg at that angle was kind of weird. I kinda drew the entire rest of the pony before getting to it, but I think it turned out mostly alright. Mostly. I do need more practice, don't I? 

• Brohoof 1

Can I see some examples, please? I'm curious.

Mike Mignolia made Hellboy.

This is his art.

16892-1.jpg

It's angular like yours, except that it has contrasting shadows. His art is very distinct, and you can tell what works he does by his art style.

Mike Mignolia made Hellboy.

This is his art.

16892-1.jpg

It's angular like yours, except that it has contrasting shadows. His art is very distinct, and you can tell what works he does by his art style.

Seems interesting enough. The lines are a little thinner, though maybe it's just the larger size or something. I don't think I'll shade this, I only made it as a concept sketch, mostly.