Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Krita 'troubleshooting'

twiia

Don't touch my stuff! Somepony messed around with my computer when I wasn't looking. I was using Krita to draw my OC and then this happened... Any Krita users please tell me how to fix this! I don't even know what happened. I've put off asking others but after deleting/ redownloading/ trying to find out what happened, its still the same and its driving me nuts. Finally found an art application I liked and then somepony touches things they're not supposed to touch.

Here's what happened- 

post-37231-0-72093200-1465952510_thumb.png

If its in the wrong section, mods feel free to move it

It looks like you're in fullscreen mode or something like that. Normally you're supposed to have all the little boxes showing things like layers, color picker, brushes, etc..., so it could be that you have something maximized?

Honestly, I'd probably try clicking random buttons or pressing random keys and seeing if anything happens. If you have any unsaved work, I'm sorry to say that it may (or may not) be lost.

If that doesn't solve the problem, restart (you're going to lose your unsaved data if you do this), and, should all else fail, contact Krita via email/forum/however they do it.

Sorry to hear that this has happened to you.

• Brohoof 1

Eek! That looks bad...I reall feel bad for you.

I know, right? 

It looks like you're in fullscreen mode or something like that. Normally you're supposed to have all the little boxes showing things like layers, color picker, brushes, etc..., so it could be that you have something maximized?

Honestly, I'd probably try clicking random buttons or pressing random keys and seeing if anything happens. If you have any unsaved work, I'm sorry to say that it may (or may not) be lost.

If that doesn't solve the problem, restart (you're going to lose your unsaved data if you do this), and, should all else fail, contact Krita via email/forum/however they do it.

Sorry to hear that this has happened to you.

I'll probably try that, and see if anything happens. 

r u sure you want to know???

Not sure if the spoilers are necessary... O.o

Somepony just HAD to touch my stuff!

Fuck your spoilers.    .....

But seriously. fuck your spoilers.

Try pushing the TAB button.  if nothing. go to to VIEW and make shure FULL SCREEN MODE and SHOW CANVAS ONLY are unchecked.

If you were on windows, i would just say go delete the TEMP files for krita, but i dont know how to use a mac. or how it works.

also, if you didnt get it solved from what me or others said before, please post something so i know, ill try to figure something out

Fuck your spoilers.    .....

But seriously. fuck your spoilers.

Try pushing the TAB button.  if nothing. go to to VIEW and make shure FULL SCREEN MODE and SHOW CANVAS ONLY are unchecked.

If you were on windows, i would just say go delete the TEMP files for krita, but i dont know how to use a mac. or how it works.

also, if you didnt get it solved from what me or others said before, please post something so i know, ill try to figure something out

Thats strange, as mine are unchecked but its obviously fullscreen... O.o

Want more spoilers???

O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o

give me a few minutes to mess around with krita, see if i can get the same problem

Oh, okay. I'll do the same, to see if theres something wrong or that my computer is being a bitch

(edited)

Hmmm...  Im on windows, but...  the only thing i could find like that was VIEW > SHOW CANVAS ONLY

Something that was close was SETTINGS > SHOW DOCKERS

If they dont work.   (Even if they are unchecked, i would try clicking them anyway) You could head over tho the Krita IRC channel and ask for help.  (I cant find the link off hand.  sorry)

CHECK THIS OUT FIRST:  https://docs.krita.org/KritaFAQ#Krita_start_with_a_black_canvas_and_nothing_changes_when_you_try_to_draw.2Fshows_a_black_screen_on_my_Windows_system_with_an_Intel_GPU

I know you have a mac, but it might help.

also...  Yay, i didnt know the new version 3.0 was out now, guess thats what im getting tonight.  YAY.

Edited by StormdustPony
  • Brohoof 1