Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv The Lorax

Grtxkkyz

Yet another "re-imagining" of a classic children's book. Unfortunately, it's less like Horton Hears a Who and more like Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, i.e- taking so many liberties with the story that it barely resembles the original and lacks any charm.

Looks too kiddy for me (says the teenager who watches My Little Pony). I don't really care for re-imaginings of Dr. Seuss' works, I liked the books, but the movies usually ruin them. I'd actually never heard of The Lorax until I saw the preview for this movie.

I thought it was a pretty good movie. I like the idea of having a kind of anti-hero character in the Once-ler. Much better than Horton Hears a Who.

Also, thneeds are awesome.

Sludge pony approves of the amount of sludge in this movie.

It was absolutely horrible. It made me want to vomit.

The main character was so unlikable, the story was terrible (nothing like the awesome book), the humor was godawful, and the whole thing just rehashed so many elements of Despicable Me.

But yeah I found that it was a disgusting excuse for a movie.

(edited)

No, just skip this one. Weird as it sounds, the only redeeming quality of this movie was having Danny DeVito as the voice of the lorax. Besides that point, the whole concept seems more like a cheap marketing strategy for crap you don't need.

Lorax SUV add:

Edited by SrFrog

It was okay. The thing that creeps me out the most is that there is an entire fan base dedicated to getting into the Once-ler's pants.

No, just skip this one. Weird as it sounds, the only redeeming quality of this movie was having Danny DeVito as the voice of the lorax. Besides that point, the whole concept seems more like a cheap marketing strategy for crap you don't need.

Lorax SUV add:

The ironic part is that the movie/book focuses on the stupidity of human consumerism, only to have the movie turned into an ad-fest.