Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What have I missed

SkyGust

What's up bronies? Ex-brony checking in here, haven't watched or been apart of this thing since 2013. Just remembered this forum and decided to log in for ol' times sake. Anything interesting happen to this fandom? Or how about the show? Seriously haven't heard much about the bronies or the show since then. Clue me in guys!

The fandom has lost some energy.  The episodes are still good.  The CMC have advanced in complexity, and have had a number of progression episodes.  Some of what makes Luna tick have been revealed.  Rainbow Dash has lost some depth, and Fluttershy has gained some. 

Big story arc progressions for Rarity, Rainbow Dash, CMC. Show lost a lot of steam but has picked up again lately. 100th episode happened, contained fan service. Fluttershy stopped being a doormat. There's an additional main character now. And a whole lot of other hullabaloo.

Welcome back! its always good for a former Brony to return to us! I don't know that I agree with silvadel about the fandom losing energy when phrased that way, because it kind of makes it sound like its dying or something, and that's definitely not true.

I think the fandom is fine, but it falsely appears to be suffering slightly just because there are a lot of famous videos and projects from a few years ago, and some of the people that made them aren't as active. They have been replaced by new people, but the new people aren't as visible as the old. It is also in somewhat of a lull because its been awhile since the last episode was released (New season starting soon though!), but even in the lull state there are a lot of ponies around these forums, as you can see! and theres still a lot of music and art being made, auhrelleah just finished composing his latest piece forinstance. 

and this picture was made yesterday(just learned about it)
http://aurelleahever...Derpy-651124920(you can tell who my favorite pony is)

I became a brony around a month ago, and I was worried about the fandom for a bit too, but then looking around here I see a lot of newer people, and new people in the welcoming plaza too every day.

I also think the movie is going to renew interest for a lot of people. I hope so anyways. And season 7 will be awesome.

You have the joy of getting to watch a lot of new episodes(for you). Well, if you want to that is :)

Edited by trademark2

If my math is right, you stopped just after Twilight became an Alicorn at the end of Season 3.  Biggest things  you've missed
Princess Twilight (S4 E1 & E2)  It was revealed that The Elements of Harmony came from The Tree of Harmony & the Tree took them back
Twilight's Kingdom (S4 E25 & E26) Tirek blew up Twilight's library.  She got her castle & The Map Table. 
Milli Filli (S4 E?) Fluttershy used poison joke to change her voice & secretly join The Ponytones, a barbershop quartet managed by Rarity

ICR what episode these things happened, but in S5 & S6
The Map Table sends the Mane 6 on friendship missions
Episode100 Cranky Doodle married Matilda.
Starlight Shimmer appeared as a villain, was reformed & became Twilight's Friendship Student
Rainbow Dash finally joined The Wonderbolt's  after becoming a reserve in S4
The CMCs finally got their Cutie Marks. They reformed Diamond Tiara.  Now they use their expertise to help others understand their Cutie Marks + gain Cutie Marks if needed
Fluttershy's family was revealed.  She has a slacker younger brother named Zephyr Breeze.
Cadance & Shining Armor had a foal.  She is an Alicorn named Flurry Heart & is The Princess of Merchandising
Spike got a dragon friend named Ember.  He helped her become ruler of the dragons.
Spike got a Changeling friend named Thorax
At the end of S6, Hasbro did something weird to the Changelings.  Queen Chrysalis did NOT reform & escaped.
That's just the highlights, a ton of other stuff happened.

On the personal side, the Mane 6 have  matured somewhat. ICR the last time Rarity had The! Worst! Day! EVER! & fainted.  Dash is less boastful.  Fluttershy is a little braver. Afterhe events Pinkie Pride (S4 E?), Pinkie has become Pinkie Lite & is more mindful of the consequences of her actions.  At times still a bit of a troll, though.

Edited by sweetolebob18

Well, Twilight has a new apprentice now, and some fans want said apprentice to be the new protagonist for reasons I can't fathom. Oh, and Rainbow Dash is a Wonderbolt now. Oh, and remember Tirek from G1? He was the finale villain for Season 4.

Edited by heavens-champion