Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A new paradise (Private with The Cerbus)

MickeyAdaptus

As they were sneaking trough the grass, everything seemed fine, until the manticore caught his prey into his vision.

It roared as it charged for at the group.

"Spread out!!" Jack shouted as he rolled away, nearly getting slashed by the claw of the Manticore.

He then jumped at the neck of the manticore and tried to hold him in a choke hold, but it was rather difficult as the manticore was a lot bigger, and Jack was still not full grown after all.

It tried to stab him with its sharp tail, but Jack quickly moved at the underside of its neck, wich ended up with the tail almost hitting its own head.

Nameless hit the ground with his hoofs, and the ground started raising under him quickly getting him out of the reach of the manticore. Meanwhile TC-308 didn't move, he just stared at the manticore as several sharp-ended cables started coming out of his sides and started poking the manticore with quick stabs.  Nameless started raising small spear like pieces from the pillar he had created and threw them at the manticore one at the time.

• Brohoof 1

The manticore was screaming in agony as cables and other projectiles started penetrating his body.

It started bleeding and eventually collapsed.

Jack quickly jumped off the manticore before he would be crushed by its entire weight.

"Good work guys, that went a lot faster than I expected.

He checked the pulse of the manticore, it appeared to be still alive, but bleeding badly.

Jack made a weird gesture with his hands towards the broken manticore, and then snapped his neck, ending its life for good.

"Come on, we should keep moving, who knows how many of those things could still be out there to attack us."

(edited)

"Many" Nameless said as the pillar went back inside the ground, "They are not rare" TC-308 pulled the cables in "Another manticore is not what I worry about..." Wolf's howling could be heard in the distance. "...Speaking of." "Let's move then." Nameless took the lead. 

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

They had been moving for a while, they seemed to be lucky as no other creatures had attacked them ever since.

"Does anybody know how far it is until we are in that town, Ponyville?" Jack asked.

"We have been moving for quite a while now, I hope we are there soon, the sooner we are out of this forest the better." He said, it a worried undertone in his voice

TC-308's wings came out and he dashed into air and after few seconds came back. "Considering the terrain, I would say that we have from an hour to few hours of walking left."His wings pulled back inside him. "Then we are out of the forest." 

• Brohoof 1

"Thanks."

Jack was lost in deep thoughts as suddenly a magic sphere was shot at the group.

It impacted somewhere close, creating a small explosion.

As Jack recovered, he had a deadly look in his eyes.

Instead of talking to his comrades he ran towards the source where the shot came from.

He ran faster and faster until he found there was nothing there...

Until something slammed him from behind, towards a deep cavern.

Jack managed to hold on the ledge, but just as he was about to climb up a similar magical sphere like before shot towards him.

With a cry of pain wich could be heard echoing for miles, he pummeled inside the deep and dark cavern.

He looked up but the thing that attacked him before was nowhere to be found.

'What just attacked me? Instead of staying with the others my instincts told me to hunt down with every fibre in my body... but why?'

Jack stood up and decided to look at his surroundings.

'This cavern is very deep and the walls have no climbable pattern in it... Damn it... I have to figure out how I am getting out of this cavern.'

Nameless dodged with a smooth jump out of reflect. He was going to say something but was interrupted when Jack started running. "Really?" He took off after Jack, Nameless lost visual contact with Jack but managed to keep the right direction as he agilely and smoothly moved among the plants and trees, TC following him.

They followed Jacks cry and arrived next to the cavern. TC's two extra heads came out again and they took position next to TC's main head in a way that he had full view of the area. He started listening the surroundings, and meanwhile Nameless shouted looking into the cavern. "Jack?!"

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, The Cerberus said:

Nameless dodged with a smooth jump out of reflect. He was going to say something but was interrupted when Jack started running. "Really?" He took off after Jack, Nameless lost visual contact with Jack but managed to keep the right direction as he agilely and smoothly moved among the plants and trees, TC following him.

They followed Jacks cry and arrived next to the cavern. TC's two extra heads came out again and they took position next to TC's main head in a way that he had full view of the area. He started listening the surroundings, and meanwhile Nameless shouted looking into the cavern. "Jack?!"

Jack was thinking until his thoughts were broken by Nameless's voice above him.

"I am here, but I need you 2 to head to Ponyville as fast as you can, there is something still out there." Jack said loudly.

"TC, are you able to receive telepathic or radio messages?"

(edited)

"Don't think we are leaving you!" He then turned to TC-308 asking what Jack had asked, and then turned back and replied to Jack, "No telepathy and no we have idea what radio message is!" "Why are you asking?"

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

"Because we are at great risk now. What attacked us earlier attacked me in the back earlier and what I felt was not flesh and bone, it felt like a very dark force."

"I recognise this feeling, and it will try to murder you 2 as well. Get to Ponyville as fast as you can and warn everybody. I hate to leave you 2 right now but I have no other option. You have to trust me in this. I will  meet you at the end of the Everfree forest, I will find a way there."

He then used his magic to summon some sort of strange looking artefact, it was covered with all sorts of markings and was plated in a golden material.

Out of the artefact came a magic that seemed to scan the 2 ponies that stood above the cavern.

"This way we can temporarily talk to each other without our minds, just focus your mind and you will be able to.

He was silent for a moment before answering again.

"And don't worry about me, I will be able to handle myself, I am doing this purely for the safety of you 2 right now, I will explain everything later. Can I count on you 2 to warn everyone out there?"

"Warn about what exactly?" "There is really no point to just go and say that there is something dangerous in the Everfree forest, because everypony knows that." "And if you are talking about what you told in the cave at night, that's not something I would tell to whole town, at least yet."

• Brohoof 1

"Tell them to all stay together and keep on the lookout."

"But you 2 need to go now! Every moment we spent talking is going to doom us further, I can tell you both once I am at Ponyville but for now, i need you 2 to warn everyone!"

"I will stay in touch with you too, I will take a different route, it is my best course of action now."

"If you insist." "Just keep your guard up, who knows what lives down there." Nameless walked away from the edge of the cavern. TC wasn't sure if he should go with nameless or fly in the cavern, but ended up staying with Nameless.

• Brohoof 1

Jack waited for a few minutes.

He then started feeling the walls of the cavern, something giving small knocks on them.

'I knew it, some of these walls are not natural, this one here was built, wich means they must have blocked off the cavern. I will fix that.'

Jack walked back a few meters and then shot a magic blast straight at the cavern wall, obliterating the wall that once stood there.

He then walked trough the cave, his cat eyes looking trough the cave like a predator.

He had been walking around the tunnels for around 10 minutes.

'There is an entire tunnel system in this cavern, this is incredible' he thought with amazement.

Until he felt something in the back of his mind.

'It is here, good, in the forest he would be able to get me from any corner but in these tunnels, he can only come from a couple of directions. Wich will work in my favour.'

He then closed his eyes and started listening really closely, trying to locate any sound of movement or breathing.

Meanwhile Nameless and TC-308 walked rather calm pace towards the edge of the forest, it would take some time to get out of the forest. After a little walking, they were greeted by few Timberwolfs, "Here we go again...."

• Brohoof 1

Jack has been listening for a few minutes.

'The signal I just felt is suddenly gone... it must masking it.'

He then used his magic to contact the 2 ponies who were still in the everfree forest.

"Jack here, These caverns appear to have an entire tunnel system it, they go deeper and deeper. It looks I made the right now decision, something has been tracking me and I just felt its energy. But things appear to be silent so far-"

Jack was suddenly cut off as it overwritten by a sinister energy.

Jack suddenly shocked out of his concentration as he felt a massive change in the air.

'It is coming! I had better find a way to counter, I won't what type of body it will have this time..' he thought grimly.

A tentacle suddenly shot out of the dark, trying to impale Jack, he moves to side by only a second.

The tentacle then vanished as a booming sound could be heard getting closer and closer.

A voice could suddenly be heard both troughs his mind and the overwritten communication magic.

"REJOICE......."

The creature had a very abnormal appearance, it looked like a mix of multiple creatures glued together almost. Having the mouth of a squid, and 2 massive insect pincer stretches from its head.

The rest of the body looked between the combination of a biped and a lobster, having a dark purple skin.

As it ran closer, Golden eyes could soon trough the darkness.

Jack made quick movements, trying both dodge and move back as the monster tried to kill him with its large pincers.

Eventually, Jack came up with an idea as he shot a magical blast above him.

As that part of the tunnel above him collapsed, he rolled backwards, but unfortunately for the monster, it got crushed by all the rocks as it was hasty in its intent to murder its prey.

"RESISTANCE IS FUTILE"

It boomed trough his mind as he clutched his head.

The mark on his arm was glowing red with an intense brightness, and his arm started to gain an immense heat, similar to what happened to his leg before.

He tried to ignore the pain as he moved trough the tunnels.

Nameless and TC-308 heard what Jack had said but they didn't react because they were busy with the timberwolfs, Nameless got enough time to inform back "Little busy right now", there was more than a few wolfs now, but the ponies had it under control.

• Brohoof 1

Jack was panting really heavy, he has become really pale and his vision had become really blurry.

'You won't be getting me, I will not become one of you!!!' he screamed in his mind as he tried to move forward, but his condition was getting worse by the condition as the mark on his arm seemed to give off a weird effect, a crack started appearing in the middle of it as Jack stumbled to the ground.

"F-father..." he said as he started to pass out, his body started to have a similar effect as last time, the body locking up completely.

The last thing of movement in his body was the tears that were streaming trough his motionless eyes.

Now all of the timberwolfs had been either destroyed or chased away. Nameless had gotten few scratches here and was slightly exhausted but he wasn't planning to stop moving. "Let's go before they come back." And so the two ponies continued towards the edge of the forest, now with little quicker pace.

• Brohoof 1

It was about 2 hours later.

Jack eventually woke up, his limbs felt really sore as he tried standing up.

'My body... It has been spreading faster than I though... i.- I need to keep going!'

He walked very slowly trough the tunnels, but with sheer determination, he managed to keep going trough the tunnels of the cavern.

He then tried to contact the others

"Hello there... it is me. I hope you 2 are doing ok right now, I managed to fend off the create but I took a turn for the worst. There is a big chance I might not make it out of here alive, considering my condition, but when that happens, don't come back for me, just keep heading to Ponyville... It is the for best.."

Jack then proceeded to sit down, trying to regain some of his strength.

Suddenly he saw some sort of mist.

'Are my eyes playing tricks on me? That mist was not there before..'

(edited)

Fog started getting thicker around Jack. Though the fog looked like fog, it didn't look or feel natural, it was cold and....dry. Suddenly giggling started to echo in the tunnels, its source was impossible to track, like it was coming from....everywhere. It was mare's giggle and it sounded like the mare was amused and/or entertained. But there was nobody to be seen.

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Jack's skin tingled as he was surrounded by the fog, feeling the cold feeling in his bones.

'I can't sense anything from this mist, at least.... not the energy I was tracking before... all I sense is like it's all around me.. What does this mean?'

As he suddenly heard a giggle his eyes went wide.

"Show yourself.." he said in a cold tone.

He tried to locate the source of the voice, but he saw nothing.

"If you are here to murder me, I won't go down without a fight."

(edited)

"Murder?" The voice said right in Jack's ear. The giggle was heard again and voice spoke again in the other ear, "That would be boring." The voice was quiet for a second, before it continued, changing place of the source with every word, "It's more entertaining when somepony else does it." and ending it with a giggle next to Jack's ear.  The Mare's voice had slight mocking tone to it.

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Jack was giving the mist surrounding him a dead glare.

"If you like murder so much then you won't be disappointed soon." He said with a hiss.

"If you have been watching me this closely you might have already seen what transpired earlier, so I recommend you don't try to slip into my mind, you won't be having a good time there with him."