Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc New Beginnings

Hey there, something has recently come to my attention, would we be able to add @Props Valroato our RP? I understand that may completely change the direction of the RP, but if you’re cool with that, I would be down for rolling with the punches.

• Hugs 1

@CocoCody @Skylight Scintillate

I saw you two wanting to RP together and I wanted to join in the fun if it is okay, as the three of us discussed something in Silky's server and I was excited to do something with the two of you. I have a character I plan on using, if it would be okay for me to join this. It would mean a lot to me to be able to join in an RP with two of my close friends on this forum and do something great together.

The character I have in mind is Magnolia, Twilight's long lost older sister. Bits of her personality would be a bit changed for this RP but you can read here.

https://mlpforums.com/character/20-magnolia/

(edited)

@CocoCody 

15 hours ago, Props Valroa said:

I saw you two wanting to RP together and I wanted to join in the fun if it is okay, as the three of us discussed something in Silky's server and I was excited to do something with the two of you. I have a character I plan on using, if it would be okay for me to join this. It would mean a lot to me to be able to join in an RP with two of my close friends on this forum and do something great together.

The character I have in mind is Magnolia, Twilight's long lost older sister. Bits of her personality would be a bit changed for this RP but you can read here.

https://mlpforums.com/character/20-magnolia/

I suppose it could work. What would Magnolia plan on doing by running into Twilight and Starlight? And would there be any information about Magnolia's relation to Twilight that could contradict my ideas about Twilight? So far, the notable things said in the RP are that Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns is a university, and Twilight (who is still a unicorn currently) is meeting up with the rest of the Canterlot Six, who she considers her friends.

I assume that Twilight would have no idea who Starlight or Magnolia are. I also assume that she's close friends with her parents (Twilight Velvet and Night Light), Shining Armor, all the current princesses, the Canterlot Six, and the Six Elements, who all love her back. Finally, I assume that Canterlot is an extraordinarily extravagant city well-known for powerful unicorns that do research in magic. Oh, and I assume that Twilight Sparkle is extraordinarily powerful in terms of her magical abilities.

Let me know if any of the information I mentioned contradicts what either of you assume, and we can try to figure something out.

Edited by Skylight Scintillate
  • Hugs 1

@Skylight Scintillate

I suppose it would be interesting for Magnolia to grapple with the notion of being a long lost relative of someone who is so prominent. I would say that Twilight does not know who Magnolia is, as Magnolia has not revealed herself to Twilight yet. Magnolia will not be a villainous character in this roleplay, but she will tell the truth of what happened with her family (that she was either abandoned or cast off by her parents when she was real young), or that she was the unwanted lovechild of Twilight Velvet and Fancy Pants, before Twilight Velvet met Night Light and got engaged with him. 

Magnolia is the opposite of Starlight - she views ponies as unique individuals who are strong and she strongly opposes Starlight's equality, at the same time, she isn't particularly too trusting of others. So she is a "half way" point between the two, but wants to eventually find friends and relations with others, as she's been a lonely pony for a long time. 

I suppose what Magnolia is doing, is sort of "sucking up" her nomadic nature, as well as her "Stand offish" personality to try to find something to do with her life and wants to meet Twilight, but isn't sure how to break the truth to her yet. 

Ok then. I suppose the only question I have left is how would Magnolia join the RP. Would she also trip over the pile of ponies that is now in front of the Canterlot Library? Other than that, unless @CocoCody has some questions, comments, or remarks, then I suppose Magnolia could join the RP.

• Hugs 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, Props Valroa said:

@Skylight Scintillate @CocoCody

Maybe you could edit the title of the IC thread to have it show my name as well since I am now part of the RP? It’s not quite a 1x1 anymore so I might contact someone to move it to the Casual RP section if thats alright with you.

Yeah I can change that. Also, I assume Magnolia recognizes Twilight Sparkle after tripping over her?

Edited by Skylight Scintillate
  • Hugs 1

Moments ago, Skylight Scintillate said:

Yeah I can change that. Also, I assume Magnolia recognizes Twilight Sparkle after tripping over her?

Yup. Do you have my permission to ask someone to move the thread to the casual RP section? :coco:

1 minute ago, Props Valroa said:

Yup. Do you have my permission to ask someone to move the thread to the casual RP section? :coco:

I assume since you’re part of forum staff you could?

• Hugs 1

Moments ago, Skylight Scintillate said:

I assume since you’re part of forum staff you could?

I'm not part of the forum staff anymore since I retired. I'll ask the RP Mod about it. 

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, Props Valroa said:

I think her parents will be surprised more so than anything, but they won't recognize her at first - and yes, you can play them. 

Well would you be interested in RPing them? I'm not really sure what is the history of Magnolia and her parents. Unless you want to explain the history to me?

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Skylight Scintillate said:

Well would you be interested in RPing them? I'm not really sure what is the history of Magnolia and her parents. Unless you want to explain the history to me?

I am not sure how I would RP them. The history is variable and depends on the RP, but largely the gist of it would be that they were unable / unwilling to care for a foal, for whatever reason. 

12 minutes ago, Props Valroa said:

I am not sure how I would RP them. The history is variable and depends on the RP, but largely the gist of it would be that they were unable / unwilling to care for a foal, for whatever reason. 

I see. Well if that is the case, then I suppose I would RP them. And I'll try to do so based on what you said.

• Hugs 1