Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A Chilling Retreat

Blood Moon

@reader8363

Mint paused a for a moment, completely surprised by the words she had just heard. Spotting the town approaching quickly, she flared up her magic and pulled her bag up onto her seat with her. "Be careful with that, wow."

@Blood Moon
Cinder nodded and said more to herself, "Okay, maybe I'll mix the fire spell with the protection spell and add a little bit of the disguise spell into it in order to make a coat of fire that won't burn."

@Drago Ryder
Rose said as she passed by, "It was nice talking to ya." She opened the door and stepped out into the bitter wind. She opened the frame to see her knife and placed it in her mouth, then she scaled to the top of the train and laid down as she felt the cool breeze and watched as the train moved closer to the town.

1 hour ago, Acnologia said:

@Techno Universal

Kyubi nodded slightly, though it did sound strange to her. To her, it sounded like Techno was some sort of robot, bit she was probaly just overthinking things. "That makes sense." She said.

TU: Ad least I can have fun playing with it! Anyways we're almost here!

Techno then took down his strange futuristic metal suitcase from the overhead baggage racks...

TU: It's going to be fun doing a cold start with the engine!  

@reader8363

"Well, be safe out there. I'm already here to investigate some disappearances, I don't want to have to file a property damage case, too." Mint stated dryly as she felt the train begin to slow while entering the station, eventually coming to a stop with the sound of steam leaving its braking mechanisms. Sliding out of her seat, she stood upon her hooves and reached forward to stretch out her stiff back. Once limber, she placed her bag onto her back to carry, the sounds of her guard armor inside muffled by her extra clothing for keeping warm packed in around it.

@reader8363 @Drago Ryder @Acnologia @Techno Universal @silvermoon15000

The crackling sound of the speakers coming to life once again filled the train car as the conductor readied to speak. "Attention passengers, we have arrived at Hoofer Bay station, I hope you all enjoyed your ride through the scenic mountain valleys and have a wonderful stay. The doors will be opened momentarily and thank you for riding the Friendship Express."

Mint gave a nod to Cinder before wrapping her scarf snugly around her neck to keep warm. "Thank you for the conversation, maybe I'll see you around." She said warmly despite her obvious not wanting to be where she currently was.

As the doors to the outside were opened up, the unicorn stepped herself outside. The station its self was no more than a ticketing booth and a covered platform to keep the snow off of those waiting for the train. Hoofer Bay was clearly a more modest town by all standards. The town its self seemed to only consist of a few businesses, most restaurants, ski shops or other such tourist stops meant to rake in money back in its prime with housing for actual residents further down the mountain. Further up the mountain on the other side of the train tracks, one could see the many resorts spread about, each giving the other a wide space to work with, though many remained dark and obviously closed down, unkempt piles of snow threatening to slowly bury the poor abandoned buildings. One of the few still open bore a large wooden archway with a sign reading "Frostyhoof Ski Lodge" in front of its property, the name familiar to any who read the fliers plastered everywhere in the rest of Equestria.

With a sigh of visible breath, Mint started her slow trudge through the snow to make her way to the resort's main lodge. Hopefully the individual cabins would at least be comfortable enough that she could get some relaxing in while not working.

• Brohoof 1

@Techno Universal

Kyubi noticed that the train had stopped and glanced at Techno."Looks like we're here." She said. The bat pony then shifted slightly and made her way to the doors to the outside. The cold air felt nice on her fur and a slight smile formed on her lips.

(edited)

@silvermoon15000

Maia noticed that the train had stopped, and glanced at Silvermoon. "Looks like everything's going smoothly so far." She said. The gryphon then stood and made her way to the doors. When she got outside, she couldn't help but see a few of the closed down resorts. "I guess finding the one we're supposed to go to won't be hard." 

@Blood Moon

Gale watched Rose leave and eventually made her way off the train when it arrived at its destination. She felt a bit sluggish from the cold weather, but she tried to fight through it. "They better have decent heating at this place." She thought to herself. Before she headed to the resort, however, the dragoness figured that she might as well look around town for a bit.

Edited by Drago Ryder
  • Brohoof 1

18 minutes ago, Drago Ryder said:

@silvermoon15000

Maia noticed that the train had stopped, and glanced at Silvermoon. "Looks like everything's going smoothly so far." She said. The gryphon then stood and made her way to the doors. When she got outside, she couldn't help but see a few of the closed down resorts. "I guess finding the one we're supposed to go to won't be hard." 

@Blood Moon

Gale watched Rose leave and eventually made her way off the train when it arrived at its destination. She felt a bit sluggish from the cold weather, but she tried to fight through it. "They better have decent heating at this place." She thought to herself. Before she headed to the resort, however, the dragoness figured that she might as well look around town for a bit.

@Drago Ryder

Silver stared at the buildings,

"Yeah so far," he said, following her outside,

"Yeah definitely, this place looks like a ghost town," he added, feeling a few chills down his spine.

Once the train stopped, Rose jumped to the to the station's roof and sat down. She looked at the knife to see that it was the one that matched her feathers. She tucked it into her wing and dropped down, then she headed for the resort she was staying at.

Cinder hurried off the train and once she got on the station, she lit her coat on fire. She sighed with relief from the bitter cold and headed for the resort to see if it's a lot warmer than the train.

7 hours ago, Acnologia said:

@Techno Universal

Kyubi noticed that the train had stopped and glanced at Techno."Looks like we're here." She said. The bat pony then shifted slightly and made her way to the doors to the outside. The cold air felt nice on her fur and a slight smile formed on her lips.

Techno then stepped off the train and his mane then wrapped itself around his neck as if it was a scarf...

TU: Ohh! It's actually really nice of how my mane is doing that! Anyways I'll start up the heat generator in a moment! It's just I must warn you that it might be a bit noisy and also my ears are literally going to be the exhaust pipes so you'll see the smoke get pumped out of them! Also the smoke may look real but it's actually generated by magic so it's not actually real! Anyways let's crank the engine!

An AC moter could then be heard from Techno. There was also thick white smoke getting pumped out of his ears and it was cranking for around 20 seconds before the engine ignited. There was then a massive puff of dark grey smoke as the engine ignited and it then got thinner as the engine heated up. Techno was now getting extremely hot to the point where snow within a meter of him was getting melted within a few seconds of Techno being near it. He also sounded like a large diesel locomotive... 

TU: Okay now I'm an extremely noisey but really nice heat source!  

@Acnologia @Drago Ryder @reader8363 @silvermoon15000 @Techno Universal

As the group of vacationers approached the main central lodge of the resort, the doors were opened up by a pair of employees in warm sweaters with the resort's name on the front to denote their position. The timing would make it seem like they were watching the visitors approach if anypony were paying attention to such a thing.

"Welcome everypony to Frostyhoof Ski Lodge!" The stallion of the pair greeted in a strong, yet warm, tone of voice while the mare holding the other door open simply gave a polite bow. "Please check in at the front desk. You will be given the keys to your cabins as soon as we confirm you are on the registry."

(edited)

@Blood Moon@silvermoon15000[/b]

Maia shrugged slightly, as she looked over the lobby of the resort. "It's not really that bad. It just looks like one resort bought out all the others." She said, before proceeding to the front desk to check in.

Gale sighed as she walked into the lobby. She felt tired from the trip and she honestly should've put on warmer clothes. Either way, the dragoness headed for another staff member at the front desk and filled out all the proper forms to check in.

Edited by Drago Ryder
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Drago Ryder said:

@Blood Moon@silvermoon15000[/b]

Maia shrugged slightly, as she looked over the lobby of the resort. "It's not really that bad. It just looks like one resort bought out all the others." She said, before proceeding to the front desk to check in.

Gale sighed as she walked into the lobby. She felt tired from the trip and she honestly should've put on warmer clothes. Either way, the dragoness headed for another staff member at the front desk and filled out all the proper forms to check in.

@Drago Ryder

Silver shrugged and made his way to the front desk, trying to keep his eyes to the ceiling, as it was quite pretty.

As Kyubi walked into the lobby, she looked around the area. From what she could tell, it was fairly large, but that was just about it when it came to minor details. The bat pony was also a bit suspicious of the two ponies that had greeted the group, but didn't think to much of it. Either way, she eventually found her way to the front desk and checked herself in.

Rose walked in with her head up high, almost like she owned it. She didn't think that of herself, just what her dad taught her when she took his job. 

Cinder looked at two holding the door and was a little nervous about them. She knew that it might be something they had to do, but it didn't make her feel better.

Techno then shut off the engine as he walked in through the entrance and his mane unwrapped itself from his neck. He then checked himself in at the front desk and made his way to his room. As he was walking he was thinking about the two ponies at the front door...

TU: I wonder who those two ponies were? They seemed really suspicious in a way but anyways I'll just get to my room for now and deal with that later! 

After recieving her room key, Maia decided it would be best to look around the resort before heading to her room. When she arroved at her room, she splayed herself out onto the bed and felt herself relax.

Much like Maia and Techno had done, Gale made her way to her room after checking in. She figured it'd be best to unpack before she did amything else.

The mare behind the counter greeted each and every pony who came up to her with a smile that almost seemed a bit too welcoming for somepony working in such a slow business way out in the middle of the snowy mountains. Each key that was given away was also paired with the cheerfully-spoken words "I hope you enjoy your stay here and taken in the beauty of the bay! The nights last much, much longer this time of year, so take in as much of the sunlight as you can!"

Mint, upon procuring her key, opted to linger in the large lobby before heading to her own room. The roaring fireplace on the far wall, many plush hoof-made seats and tables ad overall log cabin feel of the building seemed to help calm her nerves a touch. Though, once she noticed one of the bellcolts staring at her from his place by the front desk, she started to re-think her choice in lingering. Brushing it off, she took a seat near the fire with her heavy bag next to her to try and relax before getting to work. "This place is somewhat nice, at least?"

@Drago Ryder

Upon entering her room, Maia would find one single queen-sized bed big enough for two to sleep in comfortably together for anyone traveling in pairs resting in the center of the wall opposite the door with its headboard up against the wall, a nightstand on either side with lamps on both and a radio on one. A larger table with some chairs sat to the right of the door just outside the room's kitchenette, a window on the left with its curtains open giving a view down the cliff behind the lodge to the ocean below, a layer of ice currently reaching thirty feet out and sparkling in the light of the morning. On the left just next to the door sat a dresser and wardrobe for guests to place their things for their trip. Given the somewhat plain nature of the room, one could expect all rooms in the lodge to look roughly the same, safe for the painting of a snowy forest above the bed, accents such as those had a tendency to vary.

@Techno Universal@Blood Moon

After receiving her key, Kyubi eventually found her room. It seemed strange, how everyone around here acted so happy. It was creepy, if anything. The bat pony then noticed that her room was right next to Techno's, and she gave a light smile. "Well, this is some coincidence." She said. "What are the odds of us having such close rooms."

(edited)

@Blood Moon@silvermoon15000

After a while, Maia looked around and noticed how small her room was. It would certainly cause problems if there were bigger groups that wanted to come to the lodge, granted  they could always get another room. The gryphon then shrugged, before exiting her room and walking around in the halls. "I wonder if Silvermoon found his room." She thought.

Now that Gale was away from everyone else and in her room, she began to think about everything that had happened as she unpacked the winter clothes she brought. It wasn't odd for those in the tourism business to always act happy, but something wasn't right with the three ponies she had seen. Of course, she could've just been over reacting. Either the way, the dragoness soon finished unpacking and exited her room, heading back to the lobby. 

Edited by Drago Ryder

Rose checked in and decided to get a dual room, and she'll pay the extra for it. She grabbed the pony in the coat by the neck and started dragging her to the room. 

Cinder removed the fire spell as she walked in. It was warmer than the train. Then she was grabbed by the neck and was dragged. She was taken by surprise, so she couldn't do a thing about it and the spell that came to mind would need her far from the target, so she decided to go with the pony

@Drago Ryder

Silver, after receiving his key, had wandered the halls for a moment hunting down his room, finding it only moments later. He unpacked and looked at the items, a journal, some more heavy clothing, and a few things here and there, otherwise he was done. He looked around the room, although small, it was quite cozy. He sat in his bed, and practiced a few spells, some of them big some small. He wanted to explore but that could wait a bit or at least until someone asked him to go along.

4 hours ago, Acnologia said:

@Techno Universal@Blood Moon

After receiving her key, Kyubi eventually found her room. It seemed strange, how everyone around here acted so happy. It was creepy, if anything. The bat pony then noticed that her room was right next to Techno's, and she gave a light smile. "Well, this is some coincidence." She said. "What are the odds of us having such close rooms."

Techno then looked over and smiled at Kyubi...

TU: To be honest if you think about it deeply this might be a non-coincidence as it might be a key event in the multi-verse network timeline! But still for some reason my system has been picking up on something strange in this place but I've been ignoring it for now as I just want to have a break for once!

@Techno Universal

Kyubi nodded slightly, before she looked down the hall. At the very least, she wanted to make sure no one was eavesdropping, "Yeah, I noticed something off as well, but I don't exactly know what." The bat pony then shrugged slightly. "It probably had something to do with how the staff are acting, though." 

3 hours ago, Acnologia said:

@Techno Universal

Kyubi nodded slightly, before she looked down the hall. At the very least, she wanted to make sure no one was eavesdropping, "Yeah, I noticed something off as well, but I don't exactly know what." The bat pony then shrugged slightly. "It probably had something to do with how the staff are acting, though." 

TU: Or for some reason I'm thinking that this is all the part of a massive lab experiment. But still I highly doubt that at the same time.

@Drago Ryder

Mint kept herself in the comfortable seat watching the fire. Despite the warmth coming from the fireplace, she felt a strange draft on her right side that pulled her out of her thoughts. Looking away from the fire, she tried her best to see where the source of the cold air was. The building appeared to be sealed up extra tight for the cold environment so none of the cold from outside should be able to get in while the doors and windows remained closed. "Is this place trying its hardest to make sure I can relax?" She asked herself with a sigh.

Before the unicorn could put her attention back onto the fire, someone entering back into the lobby caught her attention. That dragon was on the train, right? Not often I get to interact with one of them. She raised a hoof and gave a small wave to Gale in hopes of flagging her down. May as well get to know the faces she'll be seeing for the next week.