So if MLP has funerals, what is the ceremony like?

SunshineFlow

9cc5977e1937641403b0f2c8d964d62e--funera

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the magic of friendship. May we forever live in harmony and thank the sun and the moon for all we have in Equestria." (silent horse stamping)

I'd just like to imagine it be something like this in terms of music they'd use for the prelude.

Edited by SunshineFlow

Ah yes, the sweet embrace of death. In a show for kids and their parents you don't really have to show it, though if done properly can teach valuable life lessons.

• Brohoof 1

“Discovery is dangerous . . . but so is life. A man unwilling to take risk is doomed never to learn, never to grow, never to live.” - House Harkonnen

Probably just the same as here. I don't think there is a reason for it to be different.

Edited by Hierok

If I don't understand something or Interpret it wrong, I'm dutch. Sometimes I gamble for meanings of the words. And sometimes I write the wrong words, like week and weak for example. Sorry for it already. :smug:

Discord, Twilight, Sunset, Fluttershy, Starlight, Rarity, Luna, Celestia, Big MCintosh, Cadence, Shining, Minuette, Lyra, Rara, Sweetie Belle, Cheerilee, Derpy, Spike.

!Feel Free To Talk And Walk Where Ever You Like On This Forum!

On 8/9/2017 at 7:04 AM, Yakamaru said:

Ah yes, the sweet embrace of death. In a show for kids and their parents you don't really have to show it, though if done properly can teach valuable life lessons.

They actually did that recently, and in the best way possible. Instead of focusing on grief that the loss brought, TPP focused on the idea of remembering, legacy, and healing. Those are the best lessons for a show to cover with death. I've often seen people desire death to be shown in FiM with the idea that it would somehow help or prepare kids. As someone that his father, child, and spouse ... two of which were not sudden losses ... no matter of preparation steels you for the moment they pass and the emotional torrent one experiences after. 

Certainly not a cartoon. What a cartoon can do is help after the fact. TPP shows that you will eventually learn to be happy again. Especially in context of confirmable years of happy goings on in their lives. That is the best message to get from an episode that touches on death. 

Funerals in FiM are probably small gathering to pay respects, similar to the one depicted in the OP.