Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Greetings fellow Ponyvilliards!

DJ_Bonebraker

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

twilight-sparkle

How did you find MLP Forums?

Doing Google image searches for pics of Sunset Shimmer's house from the recent "Monday Blues" EqG short... Seriously.

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

Hello, everyone!  DJ Bonebraker, a.k.a. Laura or Ben (I'm Bi-gender), here.  I got into MLP last January, when my marriage of just over 3 years was finally completely unravelling (long story short, I basically married the RL counterpart of Queen Chrysalis), and since my soon to be ex-wife was spending less and less time at home, not to mention that over the previous years she'd managed to drive away all my friends (except those in my FF XIV guild since I they were only a log-in away), which meant that I was spending a lot of time by myself in my house (well aside from the cats & her rabbits), so I decided to finally give this pony show I'd been hearing about a fair go, so I started watching the first two episodes on Netflix, and next thing I knew, it was like 3 AM on a work day and I was halfway through season 1.

The show was a real life saver, particularly 3 episodes from Season 2:  "Hurricane Fluttershy" made me finally admit that I needed professional help to deal with issues I had as a result of being constantly & horribly bullied throughout my entire public school career, mainly due to the fact that every time Fluttershy started having flash-backs to being bullied at flight camp, I started having flash-backs to being bullied in school, and it had been almost 20 years since I graduated at that point.  Then, I saw "A Canterlot Wedding" and realized that my wife had been acting like Fake Cadance the entire time we'd been married (well at least since like 3 months after the wedding, when she pretty much dropped any pretense of being nice or actually loving me unless I got her expensive toys).  So as a result, I started seeing a therapist, partially for my own issues (due to bullying in school and PTSD from my military service in Afghanistan & Iraq) as well as couples counselling to try and save the marriage.  Unfortunately, much like when Starlight Glimmer offered a chance for Queen Chrysalis to mend her ways at the end of Season 6, my wife refused to see that she was in any way at fault, and ended up leaving a month later (and good riddance, I say!)

Since then, thanks to not only being free of my ex's toxic influence & my therapist's help, but also due to my new-found love for MLP and Equestria Girls, I've started rebuilding relationships that my ex's words & actions had damaged as well as making new friends (several of whom are also bronies/pegasisters).  In addition, I've started to cut back on the time I've been spending playing FF XIV (which, TBH, was the only place I could interact with people who weren't part of my ex's family for a good part of our marriage, due to my ex throwing literal temper-tantrums anytime I wanted to visit with my family or friends) and get back into doing things I used to enjoy before getting trapped into that emotionally abusive train-wreak of a marriage.  Things like my music (I'd come up with the "DJ Bonebraker" name when I started making random Electronic Dance Music mixes back when I was still in the Navy & picked up a copy of Acid Music Studio 2 when I was stationed in Yokosuka Japan) and art.  Hopefully I'll have some MLP-related art & music to post in the near-ish future, but I'm still trying to get back into the swing of things (not to mention learning all the cool new features that Acid Music Studio 10 has, since I finally upgraded to the latest version earlier this year).

Also, while Twilight might be my favorite Mane6 pony, Starlight Glimmer is my favorite pony in the show, mainly because she's so much like me in so many ways, not the least of which is I can definitely sympathize with her in the whole "having to pretty much start over from square 1" situation....

Anyways, I hope that wasn't too long of a post, and I hope to see you all around in the future! :)

-Laura

• Brohoof 4

Hiya. I'm waaaay to lazy to read all of what you wrote. Welcome and enjoy your stay! I did skim it though. It is rare to put so much personal info into the greeting. But it's nice to see a change of pace. 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Travlein said:

Hiya. I'm waaaay to lazy to read all of what you wrote. Welcome and enjoy your stay! I did skim it though. It is rare to put so much personal info into the greeting. But it's nice to see a change of pace. 

Well, let's just say that you could consider it a fair warning that I'm a few apples short of a bushel. ;):P

On 8/25/2017 at 5:05 PM, Totally Lyra said:

Hi Bonebraker and welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your stay with us. If you have any questions about the site or want to chat, feel free to send a message my way. :)

Thanks!  BTW I love your avatar. :D

• Brohoof 1