Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

PEGAPONY Welcome to Equestria

pegapony

This piece is one of my first work ever done in the Baroque style music, and the one that made me interested in the music from that era. The idea was to make a big and enigmatic film score, with a synthesizer based feeling with the solo instruments acoustical. And this concept is what I like, and will continue to follow when it comes to Baroque. So if somepony thinks some parts sounds synthetic and not like a real orchestra, this is intended and what I want to emphasize. Every single note, every single detail is carefully measured to sound the way I want it to. I hope other ponys like it too this way.

-I know it would be appropriate to include a big organ sound here, but this version is without, (might come later if I find it interesting again).

Why this "dark" music for Equestria ?

Actually I have no idea ? I liked the picture.... and the music.... how it comes together... maybe somepony can tell me ?

• Brohoof 2

Ok

So I see you wanted to know how the picture and song would come together. Well unfortunately...they don't. A welcome to Equestria is grand and bright, therefore, it should be in a Major key, preferably C Major, F Major or even B Major. In a minor key, which is what you have it in, makes it sound more like a scary or suspenseful fact, which doesn't match the bright feeling of being welcomed into a magical land where friendship is abundant. What would be nice is if you divided your song into several parts. They don't necessarily have to be movements, just parts. Also, the baroque style is known for it's strict rule-based composition style, where compositions were created in an orderly fashion, with compositions divided into parts. A Classical or Romantic style would better suit your style, as they offer more freedom and less boundaries. 

Your instrumentation also needs work. Add some expression to your solo instruments, such as vibrato on your solo strings. This way, it can give a human touch and more of an emotional connection to your listener. The synthesized strings sort of threw everything off because they were run through a chorus that had a higher rate and depth. A solo synth sawtooth brass lead would work better due to the fact that it provides a triumphant and brighter feel. Then again, the baroque style is unique for it's rule-based composition style and technical aspect. 

All in all, this needs needs a lot of work. It is missing the connection of the image and song itself. I'm always here if you need me. Shoot me a PM at anytime if you need help in understanding certain styles and how to create emotional and vivid connections with your music. 

19 minutes ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Ok

So I see you wanted to know how the picture and song would come together. Well unfortunately...they don't. A welcome to Equestria is grand and bright, therefore, it should be in a Major key, preferably C Major, F Major or even B Major. In a minor key, which is what you have it in, makes it sound more like a scary or suspenseful fact, which doesn't match the bright feeling of being welcomed into a magical land where friendship is abundant. What would be nice is if you divided your song into several parts. They don't necessarily have to be movements, just parts. Also, the baroque style is known for it's strict rule-based composition style, where compositions were created in an orderly fashion, with compositions divided into parts. A Classical or Romantic style would better suit your style, as they offer more freedom and less boundaries. 

Your instrumentation also needs work. Add some expression to your solo instruments, such as vibrato on your solo strings. This way, it can give a human touch and more of an emotional connection to your listener. The synthesized strings sort of threw everything off because they were run through a chorus that had a higher rate and depth. A solo synth sawtooth brass lead would work better due to the fact that it provides a triumphant and brighter feel. Then again, the baroque style is unique for it's rule-based composition style and technical aspect. 

All in all, this needs needs a lot of work. It is missing the connection of the image and song itself. I'm always here if you need me. Shoot me a PM at anytime if you need help in understanding certain styles and how to create emotional and vivid connections with your music. 

Ok I know the picture and Adagio is a bad move.... That´s why I wrote that.

And for the rest, I feel sad.... maybe you kill Pegapony.

1 hour ago, pegapony said:

Ok I know the picture and Adagio is a bad move.... That´s why I wrote that.

And for the rest, I feel sad.... maybe you kill Pegapony.

Of course not...feedback is important in the art industry...you can't get better without having honest feedback...it's what makes us stronger and more determined to crank out the best we can. I've been around so many people just like you, who've gotten discouraged about all the things that I pointed out, after being praised by many, and that "many" being those who really don't have as much experience in music as I do...but with time and effort, I know you'll get better. You will have to study and learn new things at a certain point in your composition journey. 

It's sadder for me when people get discouraged to the point where they wanna quit doing music because of honest feedback, because they feel that they've done the best they could, when someone out there knows that they can do better. Think back at the episode "Fame and Misfortune", that one song "We're Not Flawless". We're not perfect. Even as a musician of 18 years, I'm not perfect. I still have some things to improve. 

I know it's tough, but bear with me. I can help you become better, and so can many other people around here. I also know that it's a shocker when you get a lot of praise from others, but then I come in with my honest feedback, and it completely throws off that feeling. I've been there before, and believe you me, I didn't like it when it happened, but I learned that it over time made me better and strong. So...in the end, I did not "kill" pegapony. I wanted to tighten up the bolts, fix the dents, and help refine pegapony into a true masterpiece. It takes chiseling and grinding and working to make art just right. 

1 hour ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Of course not...feedback is important in the art industry...you can't get better without having honest feedback...it's what makes us stronger and more determined to crank out the best we can. I've been around so many people just like you, who've gotten discouraged about all the things that I pointed out, after being praised by many, and that "many" being those who really don't have as much experience in music as I do...but with time and effort, I know you'll get better. You will have to study and learn new things at a certain point in your composition journey. 

It's sadder for me when people get discouraged to the point where they wanna quit doing music because of honest feedback, because they feel that they've done the best they could, when someone out there knows that they can do better. Think back at the episode "Fame and Misfortune", that one song "We're Not Flawless". We're not perfect. Even as a musician of 18 years, I'm not perfect. I still have some things to improve. 

I know it's tough, but bear with me. I can help you become better, and so can many other people around here. I also know that it's a shocker when you get a lot of praise from others, but then I come in with my honest feedback, and it completely throws off that feeling. I've been there before, and believe you me, I didn't like it when it happened, but I learned that it over time made me better and strong. So...in the end, I did not "kill" pegapony. I wanted to tighten up the bolts, fix the dents, and help refine pegapony into a true masterpiece. It takes chiseling and grinding and working to make art just right. 

I´m sensitive like Fluttershy, and if somethings scares her she might take off.
I have my wings high lifted over my body right now.

Criticism is good, but you've missed everything I've written. So 18yars of music, have you
ever asked how many years I have behind ? That I had a real work in the music industry ?
That I worked with the Fairlight CMI system in the -80s ? Yes I´m That old.

And that this piece is not mine at all, it´s Albinonis work, so how could this not be a strict rule based
baroque composition ? I have not changed anything, only transcripted it for working out with synthesizers.

I wanted it to sound deep synthesisized, that was the point, and it has no chorus at all, it is layered
synth pads with lots of auto paning with loads of reverb. Solo violins are edited to every single note
over and over just to get it righ, and there is also vibrato if you listen, they are very subtile but
I know they are there because that was a lot of work to do.

Well I´m scared in this Griffonland, so I take off from the Fan music area, take care ponys.

1 hour ago, pegapony said:

I´m sensitive like Fluttershy, and if somethings scares her she might take off.
I have my wings high lifted over my body right now.

Criticism is good, but you've missed everything I've written. So 18yars of music, have you
ever asked how many years I have behind ? That I had a real work in the music industry ?
That I worked with the Fairlight CMI system in the -80s ? Eeyup I´m That old.

And that this piece is not mine at all, it´s Albinonis work, so how could this not be a strict rule based
baroque composition ? I have not changed anything, only transcripted it for working out with synthesizers.

I wanted it to sound deep synthesisized, that was the point, and it has no chorus at all, it is layered
synth pads with lots of auto paning with loads of reverb. Solo violins are edited to every single note
over and over just to get it righ, and there is also vibrato if you listen, they are very subtile but
I know they are there because that was a lot of work to do.

Well I´m scared in this Griffonland, so I take off from the Fan music area, take care ponys.

Wait a minute...I'm confused...who's Albinoni...and did you claim his work to be...yours...? If I read you correctly...translating it...you simply took another person's piece...loaded it effects to make their piece beyond recognition and made it yours? I'm hoping that's not the case. Synthesizers didn't even exist in the baroque period...so...I don't know what else to say...