Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If there is a sequel it will be direct to DVD

Whirlwindmark

(First Up: I work IN THE INDUSTRY, but I'm not a animator, I work for a "Major mouse based Company.") But in the Engineering area. But I'm pretty familiar with the movie making part also. And this movie is by no means a flop.

Point One: Budget. Anyone (I'm looking at 4/chan) Who tells you this movie cost 60 million of something silly like that. Is just stupid. I would be shocked if it cost more then 15 and 5-8 million is actually a better bet. The "Animation" was done with Toon Boom harmony, Which while you can do animation with it, its not like doing it back in the 90's. Its must less time consuming now. (Because your doing it on computer and then can move it around some) Its not totally unlike flash. Its just NOT flash.

They also didn't actually hire anyone extra for the animation. It was done mainly with there in house animators. Many of who most likely are on Salary. (Thus did get paid more for it, but not as much as a outside studio) The voice acting is voice acting. Yes there are some big names. But you would be stunned how little you can get voice acting done for. Emily Blunt most likely didn't make much more money for it then Tara did.

Point Two: Box Office. The Movie will most likely actually run up to about 50 million. Even it the movie did cost 15ish million. That's still golden returns. (Movie theaters consider making three times the budget good returns)

Point Three: OTHER PROFIT. This one is important. Hasbro basically started going into the release that they would be OK with the movie not actually making a profit in the box office. They have also said that they are VERY happy with how it has done. - But the real thing is that they are a Toy Company... They make there money in other places.

DVD's.

Streaming.

Merchandising from the movie itself.

A increase in the actually toy sales of the line. (Which the FiM Toys are doing very well! .. Eq Not so much)

Simply put. Its almost impossible to lose money on a Franchise movie in the long run.

-

End: Simply put. This movie has done very well.

If they see a uptick in the sales of toys that last for any real amount of time. They might make another movie. They may also just start doing Strait to DVD movies every so often. Ether in flash or in Animation.

-

The Movie most likely cost about as much as a season of the show to be honest.

• 2 months later...
On 10/25/2017 at 6:26 AM, blackstarraven said:
Point Two: Box Office. The Movie will most likely actually run up to about 50 million. Even it the movie did cost 15ish million. That's still golden returns. (Movie theaters consider making three times the budget good returns)

On top of the movie sitting at roughly 55M right now, it is launching in China theaters February 2nd, given how both Americas and RoW did 20+ million, I can see China pushing this movie past 70 Mil, still not near what it's potential could have been, but a hit nonetheless. 

13 hours ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

On top of the movie sitting at roughly 55M right now, it is launching in China theaters February 2nd, given how both Americas and RoW did 20+ million, I can see China pushing this movie past 70 Mil, still not near what it's potential could have been, but a hit nonetheless. 

Yeah, I hope China at least make Hasbro consider a straight to DVD sequel as long as it's made in Toon Boom Harmony  :dash:

10 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Yeah, I hope China at least make Hasbro consider a straight to DVD sequel as long as it's made in Toon Boom Harmony  :dash:

Well again Toon Boom is actually very reasonable as programs go. $1200 is not bad.