Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

sports Conner McGregor Jumps Into Cage After Fight, Starts Confrontation w/ Ref.

Denim&Venöm

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/21365540/conor-mcgregor-leaps-cage-ring-bellator-187

So the most popular star in MMA today decides to jump a cage after a fight that wasn't his, in a promotion he doesn't work for. Apparently he slapped an employee that tried to stop him from entering the cage,  tackled the winner of the fight,  shoved a referee, and was making it difficult for medics to get to the fighter who lost. 

Sounds like the dude wants attention. The fight was in Dublin, which doesn't have regulations against this. So any punishment dolled will have to come from UFC, rather than an athletic commission. If UFC does anything about it. 

They have to do something just to save face, but at the same time, don't want to loose their biggest star. 

So what should be done? A few months suspension? A years suspension? Fired? A life time ban? 

How should he be punished, and more importantly, how will he most likely be punished? 

• Brohoof 1

Unfortunately I don't see UFC doing anything about this, at least anything noteworthy, worst he's gonna get is a slap on the wrist.

If they had any balls they'll suspend him for a long time, or even termination. That sort of behavior is unacceptable

You might call me crazy but i can imagine that this was a worked publicity stunt from Mcgregor to get rating, to be honest with you.

MMA companys like UFC and Bellator like to bring in more and more elements from Prowrestling and it makes the sport seem a bit phony and i hope they don't go that route.

Maybe i am wrong though. Maybe Mcgregor was just an asshole for the sake of being an asshole. :P

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Mesme Rize said:

You might call me crazy but i can imagine that this was a worked publicity stunt from Mcgregor to get rating, to be honest with you.

I thought that as soon as I watched the video, TBH. If it was legit they would have cut away immidiatly.