The WPCC Lounge

PinkieShadow

Just now, The Recherche said:

Like i said; I can hear about as well as before, I just induced this ringing... :pout:

Whatever, though; if you make a mistake, you pay the price, even if it lasts a lifetime.

I have only heard ringing in my ears sometimes. It only happens when it's completely quiet. Most of the time thought I don't hear it at all.

1 minute ago, The Recherche said:

Like i said; I can hear about as well as before, I just induced this ringing... :pout:

Whatever, though; if you make a mistake, you pay the price, even if it lasts a lifetime.

Just now, Twilight Luna said:

You and me both. :scoots:

Same, although mine came from loud machinery, truck engines, and sirens.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, TheTaZe said:

I have only heard ringing in my ears sometimes. It only happens when it's completely quiet. Most of the time thought I don't hear it at all.

Be extremely careful, then; you already have tinnitus, so I'm sure that I can trust you to be more vigilant now. :please:

2 hours ago, Longhaul said:

Yeah, that's why I'm glad that certain businesses are adding earplugs to their toolboxes; your hearing is valuable, so it's best to protect it. :grin:

2 minutes ago, Longhaul said:

I was hearing rap in the mid-80s but mostly East Coast hip-hop styles.  Oldies was your parents' music (50s and 60s), 80s brought new wave and hair metal, 90s went techno.

Yeah, yeah. I remember now. It was more hip-hop. I remember when Will Smith was doing rap for his movies.

2 minutes ago, Longhaul said:

My uncle from flying helicopters in Vietnam.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

Be extremely careful, then; you already have tinnitus, so I'm sure that I can trust you to be more vigilant now. :please:

Yeah, that's why I'm glad that certain businesses are adding earplugs to their toolboxes; your hearing is valuable, so it's best to protect it. :grin:

Is that really the case because I don't entirely believe that. I have only heard the noise a few days ago once in the many times it has been silent recently. I may only hear it once or twice every 6 months or so.

3 minutes ago, TheTaZe said:

That's when I hear it. Listening to music drowns it out.

Just now, Twilight Luna said:

Yeah, yeah. I remember now. It was more hip-hop. I remember when Will Smith was doing rap for his movies.

Will Smith in his Fresh Prince days, Run-DMC, Grandmaster Flash, LL Cool J...although I was more of a rock person, I'd heard some of them around.

5 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

Another reason I'm glad I'm off the road now.  I don't know how much longer my hearing would have survived.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Longhaul said:

Another reason I'm glad I'm off the road now.  I don't know how much longer my hearing would have survived.

Wow, is trucking really that taxing on your ears? Huh... I didn't know that. :ooh:

• Brohoof 1

Is that really the case because I don't entirely believe that. I have only heard the noise a few days ago once in the many times it has been silent recently. I may only hear it once or twice every 6 months or so.

Every case is different, really; some folks only occasionally hear it, while others are perpetually tortured by an ear-destroying ring (but that's usually after heavy abuse, like on a battlefield). While I won't jump to any conclusions, especially since I can't crawl inside your head... I would just be aware of this going on forward. :please:

Here @The Recherche let's do this

which sounds the most like what you have

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLvlUI58vlA

The closest one is at 1:30, I would say. :fluttershy: It's not quite as ear-piercing, though, since it's not a "real" sound.

8 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

Wow, is trucking really that taxing on your ears? Huh... I didn't know that. :ooh:

The loud drone of the truck engine in a poorly soundproofed cab, loud rattles and bumps, the high-pitched whine of a small air leak that no one (including you) can find, multiplied by eleven or twelve hours a day...I've had days I come home and all I can hear is the ringing in my ears.  I go to bed and get up, and I can still hear it.

3 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

Every case is different, really; some folks only occasionally hear it, while others are perpetually tortured by an ear-destroying ring (but that's usually after heavy abuse, like on a battlefield). While I won't jump to any conclusions, especially since I can't crawl inside your head... I would just be aware of this going on forward. :please:

The closest one is at 1:30, I would say. :fluttershy:

Yeah, I have never heard anything like any of these. I can sit in silence all I hear is well... nothing except my breathing and heart beating.

• Brohoof 3

Yeah, I have never heard anything like any of these. I can sit in silence all I hear is well... nothing except my breathing and heart beating.

That's good. Don't be an idiot like adolescent me, then. :please:

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

My hearing isn't that great, for someone my age. 

On 7/5/2018 at 10:33 AM, The Recherche said:

Don't be too hard on yourself. 

Edited by Cash In
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Cash In said:

Hey man, don't be too hard on yourself. 

Yeah, I know... but it sucks that your naive self can hamper your future self's experiences. :pout:

Oh well; I guess the best way i can look at it is as a learning experience; action have consequences, and they'll find you, no matter where you go. :please:

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

Hey, going to be honest.

I am watching this video on "the noise" and it's fucking driving me nuts.

I don't understand how any can live with a noise in their head like this all the time!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
On 7/5/2018 at 10:37 AM, The Recherche said:

Yeah, I know... but it sucks that your naive self can hamper your future self's experiences. :pout:

Oh don't worry, I can certainly relate. 

On 7/5/2018 at 10:37 AM, The Recherche said:

Oh well; I guess the best way i can look at it is as a learning experience; action have consequences, and they'll find you , no matter where you go. :please:

Look at this way - You made a mistake, but you've leant something important from it. 

On 7/5/2018 at 10:38 AM, TheTaZe said:

Hey, going to be honest.

I don't understand how any can live with a noise in their head like this all the time!

That's horrible. 

Edited by Cash In
  • Brohoof 3

Hey, going to be honest.

Honestly? You just stop hearing it after a while; it's kinda like a clock ticking or something. :ooh:

But yes; that's exactly what tinnitus is like, but with varying volumes. :grin:

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

The closest one is at 1:30, I would say. :fluttershy: It's not quite as ear-piercing, though, since it's not a "real" sound.

The closest one for me is at 1:37. Its very faint like you can barely hear it but you know it's there.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Cash In said:

Look at this way - You made a mistake, but you've leant something important from it. 

Yeah, that's how i try to view it. It's definitely a good display of how actions don't always have immediate consequences (like smoking, for example). :grin:

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, The Recherche said:

Honestly? You just stop hearing it after a while; it's kinda like a clock ticking or something. :ooh:

But yes; that's exactly what tinnitus is like, but with varying volumes. :grin:

The thing with me is that my ears are actually incredibly sensitive to volumes. I have known this for a long time about myself so that's what I can't stand long music or let's say a train going by right next to me.

(edited)

Hello everypony again! :) 

3 hours ago, TheTaZe said:

Anyone care for some pony music?

I've been listening to some recently.

I care, I actually listen pretty much only to pony music for over 3 years now. :P 

Recently I've been following PrinceWhateverer the most.
Here's his latest song I guess. :D 

He has decent tracks. :catface:

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 4

2 minutes ago, Cash In said:

Oh don't worry, I can certainly relate. 

God, that's horrible. 

I could not imagine living like that.

• Brohoof 3

The thing with me is that my ears are actually incredibly sensitive to volumes. I have known this for a long time about myself so that's what I can't stand long music or let's say a train going by right next to me.

Funnily enough, i hated loud noises when I was young as well. I could barely handle a coffee bean grinder, for example. :grin: I don't know what changed... but I suppose i just grew a better tolerance for noise, for better and worse.