Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can not remove embedded YouTube video from autosaved status

bronywhocodes

So I'm having a weird issue. A couple of days ago, I posted a youtube video onto one of my statuses but since then, due to the autosave thing, it keeps coming up. i'm on mobile and when i try to delete it like on desktop (pressing backspace), nothing happens.

• Brohoof 2

17 minutes ago, Error 404 said:

You should be able to remove the embedded stuff by pressing backspace.

Or do you mean that you can remove it but it still comes back next time you try to make status?

haha my bad i didn't explain that well.

on mobile, even when i do press backspace, it doesn't delete.

• Brohoof 1

30 minutes ago, FalloutFloyd said:

(pressing backspace), nothing happens.

I assume you have moved the cursor to below it or right side of it when that happens? Also there should be a prompt at the bottom of the editor box that says something like

"Your previous content has been restored

Clear editor"

Pressing the Clear editor link/button should remove it if nothing else works

I perfectly know what you mean. Isn't that a frustrating problem? :mlp_icwudt:

This editor doesn't nicely cooperate with mobile devices, that's true. You don't have a physical keyboard, you don't have a mouse, all you can do is to tap things, which often isn't enough and makes you get stuck. These special boxes, such as that embedded video, have these cool features like drag&dropping, but all of this refuses to work, because all you can do is to tap, which never is a reliable form of input in situations like this.

I admit I've been struggling with that one myself. I wish yelling at the screen would actually tell the phone what you want to do with this. :derp: Oh, that would make everything great.

I haven't figured out how to remove these in a proper way, I may be overlooking something obvious, but I came up with workarounds. :twi:

To make it slightly more entertaining, I asked Twilight for help. ^_^ (If you don't want to see her, tell her to go away :P

IizqrsJ.png&key=b11a54cfa85c069527d8df85

Yelling at the screen does not work? That's a shame.
It does not work on books either, when you're looking for something. ^_^
Let's approach it calmly.

ahl9nn8.png

First things first, whenever you open the text editor, if it loads the saved content it asks you if you want to remove it.
Click "Clear editor" to get rid of everything it brought. Of course, if you don't want to sacrifice "everything", that option may not be something you're looking for.

Spoiler

6ty6jOb.png

If the above does not suffice, because you'd like to keep all the contents except that single video, you'll have to use some workarounds.
It may sound confusing at first, but it won't hurt to give it a try!

ahl9nn8.png

Sadly, for some reason backspacing does not work, as you have described. Let's try to perform some tricky magic to get this work.
If there is something above the video, even an empty line, it will be much easier to remove.
Just type something below the video, select the word and drag the selection through the whole video, to the line above it, so that the video is in the middle of selection, not at the beginning.
Backspacing should do the trick now.

Spoiler

YZE4fc0.png

If there's no free line above it though...
This gets more complicated...

ekeeJME.png

But don't you worry! Something can be done!
It will just be a little bit more tricky.

ahl9nn8.png

Special boxes, such as an embedded video, have drag&drop arrows in the upper left corner.
If you have a mouse, you can click these to drag boxes around. You can also just click or tap these to highlight the whole box - and that's what we'll be trying to do.
At first these are invisible though. Basically you'll see this.

Spoiler

f53RopC.png

ahl9nn8.png

Just hovering over that box with the cursor would reveal these, but sadly we have to achieve that with poking the screen.
Tap the video, it will either start playing or take you to the Youtube application, but it will also reveal the arrows.
If it opens the app, just close it and get back to the editor, these should be visible now.

Spoiler

RK3p4Ch.png

ahl9nn8.png

So now that you should be able to see these, tap them to select the video and put a pony emoticon using the toolbar. Just select a random one.
Typing, nor backspacing will not work, so just go with emoticons. ^_^

ekeeJME.png

I know it sounds silly, but this will replace the whole video with the selected emoticon, just like this!

Spoiler

FB933f4.png

tdU2Sts.png

And there you go!
Removing the emoticon shouldn't be a problem, right? ^_^

ekeeJME.png

I hope it helps!
If you'll have troubles, let me know! ^_^

• Brohoof 1

27 minutes ago, Rikifive said:

I perfectly know what you mean. Isn't that a frustrating problem? :mlp_icwudt:

This editor doesn't nicely cooperate with mobile devices, that's true. You don't have a physical keyboard, you don't have a mouse, all you can do is to tap things, which often isn't enough and makes you get stuck. These special boxes, such as that embedded video, have these cool features like drag&dropping, but all of this refuses to work, because all you can do is to tap, which never is a reliable form of input in situations like this.

I admit I've been struggling with that one myself. I wish yelling at the screen would actually tell the phone what you want to do with this. :derp: Oh, that would make everything great.

I haven't figured out how to remove these in a proper way, I may be overlooking something obvious, but I came up with workarounds. :twi:

To make it slightly more entertaining, I asked Twilight for help. ^_^ (If you don't want to see her, tell her to go away :P

Yelling at the screen does not work? That's a shame.
It does not work on books either, when you're looking for something. ^_^
Let's approach it calmly.

ahl9nn8.png

First things first, whenever you open the text editor, if it loads the saved content it asks you if you want to remove it.
Click "Clear editor" to get rid of everything it brought. Of course, if you don't want to sacrifice "everything", that option may not be something you're looking for.

Reveal hidden contents

6ty6jOb.png

If the above does not suffice, because you'd like to keep all the contents except that single video, you'll have to use some workarounds.
It may sound confusing at first, but it won't hurt to give it a try!

ahl9nn8.png

Sadly, for some reason backspacing does not work, as you have described. Let's try to perform some tricky magic to get this work.
If there is something above the video, even an empty line, it will be much easier to remove.
Just type something below the video, select the word and drag the selection through the whole video, to the line above it, so that the video is in the middle of selection, not at the beginning.
Backspacing should do the trick now.

Reveal hidden contents

YZE4fc0.png

If there's no free line above it though...
This gets more complicated...

ekeeJME.png

But don't you worry! Something can be done!
It will just be a little bit more tricky.

ahl9nn8.png

Special boxes, such as an embedded video, have drag&drop arrows in the upper left corner.
If you have a mouse, you can click these to drag boxes around. You can also just click or tap these to highlight the whole box - and that's what we'll be trying to do.
At first these are invisible though. Basically you'll see this.

Reveal hidden contents

f53RopC.png

ahl9nn8.png

Just hovering over that box with the cursor would reveal these, but sadly we have to achieve that with poking the screen.
Tap the video, it will either start playing or take you to the Youtube application, but it will also reveal the arrows.
If it opens the app, just close it and get back to the editor, these should be visible now.

Reveal hidden contents

RK3p4Ch.png

ahl9nn8.png

So now that you should be able to see these, tap them to select the video and put a pony emoticon using the toolbar. Just select a random one.
Typing, nor backspacing will not work, so just go with emoticons. ^_^

ekeeJME.png

I know it sounds silly, but this will replace the whole video with the selected emoticon, just like this!

Reveal hidden contents

FB933f4.png

tdU2Sts.png

And there you go!
Removing the emoticon shouldn't be a problem, right? ^_^

ekeeJME.png

I hope it helps!
If you'll have troubles, let me know! ^_^

You are a legend! Thanks a bunch. 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...
  • The topic was locked