Being skeptical about rumors

Lucid_Nightlight

While I understand why everyone is freaking out about the rumors, we must remember that we can't take them as 100% fact until Hasbro announces them.

While there were some leaks posted on 4Chan, which were posted on other sites, we must remember that this is the Internet and people will lie to you here. This is especially true on 4Chan where they all kinds to tricks to get a rise out of people. Do you remember "Bald for Bieber"?  What about the time they made Kim Jong Un person of the year? They even convinced people to MICROWAVE THEIR PHONES! I mean come on, how do you even manage that?

Needless to say, if they want a lot of people to believe something, they will make sure that people believe it.  Those guys are geniuses with too much time on their hands.

Could the rumors be true? Maybe, but I personally don't see that as likely.

• Brohoof 2

So, to summarize...

image.thumb.png.8e6180daa6c635853b86a12596790d5a.png
Bronies                                                                                                              4chan

I don't know though. It's not like there have ONLY been dark signs coming from them, if that's indeed where it came from.

I wouldn’t dismiss them that much. It can be taken with a grain of salt with G5 sure, because it’s the furthest ahead of time, and being a new project, which tend to face delays, changes, etc. But I don’t think they should be dismissed either because all of this year’s plans found there have become reality so far: like S8, Rollercoaster of Friendship, an upcoming Christmas special, and another EG special which was snuck peeked months ago where:

Spoiler

Sunny returns to Equestria, BUT, Human Twi and Human Dashie also go four legs good 

This could be true but you seem to forget that 4chan has been place for leaks all the time. So this is nothing different. Usually, it's not bullshit and I know someone who has looked at the G5 emails and saw how they were formatted and such. They verified that it seemed incredibly similar to a business email structure.

I'm hardly ever gullible, and I always assume a rumor is false rather than the other way around. "Being skeptical about rumors" is the right way to go, if only everyone else did this the world would be a slightly better place.

Anyways, thanks for this insightful post!

7 hours ago, TheTaZe said:

This could be true but you seem to forget that 4chan has been place for leaks all the time. So this is nothing different. Usually, it's not bullshit and I know someone who has looked at the G5 emails and saw how they were formatted and such. They verified that it seemed incredibly similar to a business email structure.

The rumors could be true, but I believe the chances are slim.

If they end up being true, I just pray that they don't butcher the looks of the characters (different art is fine, but turning Twilight into an earth pony or Applejack into a unicorn is not to me.) or change their personalities. (Like making Applejack all city instead of country.)

MOST importantly I hope G4 remains the main topic of the forums. And that people still go on MLP Forums

I think what should be done is just turn "Past Generations" into "Other Generations" and just slap a G5 in there so that MLP Forums can truly be MLP Forums.

This may sound silly, but if MLP Forums forgot about G4 or if everyone left, my heart probably wouldn't be able to take it.

7 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

I think what should be done is just turn "Past Generations" into "Other Generations" and just slap a G5 in there so that MLP Forums can truly be MLP Forums.

This may sound silly, but if MLP Forums forgot about G4 or if everyone left, my heart probably wouldn't be able to take it.

I think it's high time that Hasbro did away with "generations." G4 is an entirely different animal than what came before. It's too important to just "toss out and start over," like it was last season's Christmas tree.

And yeah. After everything I've already been through, and especially only discovering this in 2018, I'm really, REALLY worried about how bad this could be. I'm really growing tired of surviving "apocalypses," and this means more to me than any show I've cared about in roughly 90% of my lifetime.