Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Rarity the second most protective pony in Spike's life?

ggg-2

With the obvious exception of Twilight, who actually raised him, Rarity seems to be the most protective pony in Spike's life. She's actually threatened PHYSICAL HARM if someone even thinks of putting Spike in danger!  ("Fighting's not really my thing. I'm more into fashion, BUT I'LL RIP YOU TO PIECES IF YOU TOUCH ONE SCALE ON HIS CUTE LITTLE HEAD!!!!")

Dash was there also and she was the first to say that nobody would put a claw on Spike in a more collected manner.

AJ already saved him from the timberwolves once.

I think that everypony among the mane 6 would be as protective as Rarity given the chance, Twilight being the only one above them for obvious reasons. It's just that each one of them react differently in the face of danger.

• Brohoof 1

It seems likely. She is aware of his crush on her, even if she doesn't reciprocate - but it might trigger feelings of responsibility towards him as a result, whether or not his actions relate to her or not.

• Brohoof 1

Tbh id say Raritys care for him is even more precious than Twilights care for him though Twilights care acts more like an ordinary routine etc. Raritys on the other hand is special like a rare dessert or paycheck after the tiring routine labor

• Brohoof 1

I think it's mostly due to Rarity being a lot more passionate about life in general than Twilight. If she sees something that bothers her, she's more likely to react (or overreact) to it. Spike has been very helpful to her due to his crush, and her being the element of generosity, this does not go unnoticed. So she's very protective of him.

Of course, Rainbow Dash also got very upset when Spike was kidnapped by the buffalo, so she also is very protective of him, even if she's usually too cool to show it.

Twilight would like'y move heaven and earth to protect Spike, but she's lived with him nearly his entire life so the two of them have an understanding of when either of them are really in danger.

• Brohoof 2