Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming X-Play: Mass Effect Defeats God of War for Best Storyline

Fire_Fly

Looking back on games of 2011-2012, X-Play on G4 took polls for different games in different categories to determine the best of the best, as picked by gamers. Mass Effect and God of War were finalists for the title of best storyline, and it was recently announced that Mass Effect came out on top. :(

Being a fan of both games, I personally had to side with God of War for many reasons. In Kratos' favor, the GoW series has a much more dynamic plot development than Mass Effect. Writers took the extra effort to unfold the storyline event by emotionally stirring event in a way that grips players to the very end of each game. This is as opposed to Mass Effect's story, which, while still incredibly good, doesn't develop well in-game, and relies heavily on shocking endings and ironic value.

Which would you have voted for, and why? :)

I'd say it's a tie. I actually found that the story unfolded very well in ME-that is, if you pay attention to it. But I'd go for GoW because I didn't like the first ME XD

I'd say it's a tie. I actually found that the story unfolded very well in ME-that is, if you pay attention to it. But I'd go for GoW because I didn't like the first ME XD

I like the way the story in Mass Effect gradually unfolds, but it doesn't seem as attention-arresting as GoW to me. I think the main seller for God of War would have to be the depth; not just with the actual story, but with the amount of research involved for some aspects of the story.

I like the way the story in Mass Effect gradually unfolds, but it doesn't seem as attention-arresting as GoW to me. I think the main seller for God of War would have to be the depth; not just with the actual story, but with the amount of research involved for some aspects of the story.

You haz my full agreementz.

You haz my full agreementz.

By the way, I wasn't too big on the first Mass Effect, either... Thank Celestia ME2 came along and changed all that. XD

(edited)

By the way, I wasn't too big on the first Mass Effect, either... Thank Celestia ME2 came along and changed all that. XD

Yeah, the first was pretty awful. I absolutely loved the second and the third was good up until the ending. Blugh D: Even if you believe the ID Theory it was still terrible. Edited by Polish Buffawalrus Grell