Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hello!

PsychicKid

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

twilight-sparkle

How did you find MLP Forums?

I was Googleing Equestrian Tales, since I saw them pop up on my YT feed after having watched them some time ago. There was a thread posting on this site regarding them, and so I checked out the main page of the forum.

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

I first became aware of the show during the summer of 2010, before it even aired. I had heard somewhere that Lauren Faust was working on a new MLP series, and that caught my attention since I was somewhat familiar with her prior work. I informed my friend (they grew up in the 80s and loved stuff like MLP, Transformers, etc). I didn't think too much of it myself, but in 2010 I saw early rumblings of the fandom through posts on 4chan. A friend of mine got super into it and kept pressing me to watch the show, while also funneling me with cute pics. I had a strong inkling that I would enjoy it, but I put off watching it until March 20, 2011. I had a lot of other shows on my plate, and I was honestly just lazy. The rest, is history.

Hello everyone! I just found out about this website a little while ago! I was Googling around random MLP stuff and happened to chance on a forum post, so I thought I'd check it. I haven't participated in a traditional forum setting in a long time, and I've always wanted to for MLP.

So, a little bit about myself I suppose. This is not my first fandom. I've been apart of a number since I was a teenager (I'm 30 now!), so I'm no stranger to things like IRC rooms and message boards. Unfortunately, I grew distant from them overtime due to drama. When I first got into MLP in early 2011, I mostly lurked on the outskirts. The occasional 4chan thread or EQD post, but I never really participated much. When 2013 came around, I took an extended break from the fandom due to the Twilicorn and EG drama. I've always stayed current with the show, though. Even though I only just got back into the fandom properly in mid/late 2017 (via Discord and the MLP Subreddit), I've always stayed up to date on episodes, ever since late S1.

Since I've always been so distant, a LOT of fandom content passed me by. Classic songs, animations, fanfics, things like that that are common knowledge for most veterans are brand new topics for me a lot of the time. In early 2018, I really latched onto fanfics hard. I'm super fussy about what I read (I tend to avoid grimdark or violent stories. I prefer adventure or SoL), but I was inspired very quickly to write my own, and I've been working on an epic Twilight adventure for almost 2 years now. Are we allowed to post links to Fimfiction stores in these threads, or should that be done elsewhere? Regardless, fanfiction has REALLY struck my fancy, and I keep trying to explore new boundaries with it.

Other fun facts: My favorite pony is Twilight Sparkle. I don't have a favorite season, I think they all bring something fun and unique to the table. My favorite fandom OC is probably Littlepip, despite Fallout: Equestria's content and setting. Sometimes I can be a little stubborn, and I find it difficult to properly articulate commentary and criticism on episodes. I'll try my best if there are any in-depth posts on lore, etc. I love video games, and play FFXIV and Pokemon very frequently. I also love playing retro games, enjoying a good evening wasted on Earthbound, Super Mario World, SimCity, or Donkey Kong Country (to name a few). I'm also currently engaged, with a loving boyfriend (now fiance I guess!) with whom I bonded with through the show. He makes MLP fan music, and goes by the name Heartsong!

I'm not sure how active I'll be, since my day job usually makes it difficult to browse forums and read long blocks of text. I generally stick to Discord and to a lesser extent reddit, but I hope to make another home here! It's getting close to 8 PM as I type this. I'll work on fiddling with an avatar and profile later. I'm about to grab some dinner and watch anime with my fiance, so I'll check back later before bed.

<3

• Brohoof 4

That's a very in depth history in your introduction post. After reading all that, I feel like I have known you my entire life. Welcome to the forum @PsychicKid, and hope you'll enjoy it here! :sassy: