Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Elements of Equestria 2: Chapter 3

DivineMist1000

IMG_1248.thumb.JPG.08ce3c5dd84cb696b3535625a14d1ae0.JPG

Chapter 3: A Knight's Duty

Lee and Tempest were walking out of the front gates to royal castle at Canterlot and they were both overlooking a list of instructions given to them by Celestia and Luna. The princesses had gotten word of bandits in the forest stealing food and other valuables from a nearby village during the night and they wanted Lee and Tempest to go and investigate it.

"Bandits huh? That's a step up from our usual assignments! I still remember the great "Cupcake Catastrophe" last month!"

"Hmm, well I'm certain this'll be more entertaining than helping make a hundred cupcakes for a party. What does the parchment say about our destination, Lee?"

Looking back over the paper, Lee saw the town marked on the map and saw how close it was to Ponyville.

"Ah, it says here that it's the town of Lonia and it's only an hour away from here. Should be there in no time if we get going now!"

Tempest nodded along with him and looked into from towards the horizon to get her surroundings.

"Yes, that would be best! Hopefully we can be done with this quickly and get back to our special day together!"

Before Lee and Tempest were prepared to leave, however, they heard somepony calling Lee's name and he turned around to see Princess Twilight Sparkle approaching them both.

"Oh hey Twilight! What's up?"

"Hey Lee, hey Tempest! I'm doing just great myself, but how are you two doing today? I didn't know that you two would be here..."

Lee and Tempest both hoof-bumped Twilight and she looked happily at the two of them.

"We got another assignment from the princesses. Trouble with bandits in a nearby village apparently!"

"Ooh, sounds fun! Wish I could go with you two to help out, but I gotta get back to my friends for a special get together that we're having! See you guys around!”

Twilight waved goodbye to Lee and Tempest, but before she walked away, Lee quietly fell behind to talk with her.

“Hey Twilight, you still have my gift for Tempest at your castle, right?”

“Yep, sure do. I have it in my room and you can come by tomorrow to get it!”

“Great, thanks! Tomorrow is a very important day for me and I want to make sure everything is perfect for Tempest!”

“I’m truly happy for both of you too! I just know that you and her are going to have an amazing day tomorrow!”

Lee then heard Tempest yelling for him and he waved goodbye to Twilight once more before catching back up with Tempest.
—————————————————————---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Lee and Tempest made their way through the Everfree Forest, Tempest consulted the map to make sure that they were heading in the right direction.

“Okay Lee, the village is just up ahead. Be on the lookout for any camps or other ponies around here.”

“Right. Hopefully they come quietly too huh? Hate to resort to… drastic measures.”

“No need to worry about that Lee… I’ll make sure that nopony lays a hoof on you!”

Tempest smiled at Lee and Lee hugged her tightly before they continued walking towards the village of Lonia. Once they spotted a couple of buildings in the distance, Lee and Tempest started walking around the perimeter of the area and kept their eyes peeled for anything suspicious.

After an hour of searching, Tempest finally spotted a couple of tents surrounded by a campfire and saw three hooded ponies sitting around the fire.

“Lee, over here!”

Tempest called Lee over to her position and they both hid in the bushes next to the campsite and they watched the hooded ponies carefully. One of the ponies went into his tent and came back out with a crate full of food and shiny trinkets too.

“Ha ha, we hit the jackpot this time boys! Look at all these goods we got!”

“Quite a haul! This gets easier the more we do it!”

“Yeah, these silly ponies won’t even know that it was us either."

The three hooded ponies laughed together and started singing a song together. Lee watched what was going on and turned to Tempest for a plan, but realized that she was already gone.

“Uhh, Tempest?”

Lee watched as Tempest walked into the middle of the campsite and called out to the three bandit ponies. Both the bandits and Lee looked at Tempest in disbelief and one of the bandits stood up and readied his horn.

“What the- Who are you and where did you come from?” The bandit asked.

“Tempest Shadow is the name… and me and my colleague are here to relieve you of those stolen goods.”

All Tempest could do was glare at the bandits and all remained quiet until the three bandits suddenly started laughing. Lee looked confused as the bandits continued laughing, but he looked at Tempest for a response to what was happening and all he saw was a blank expression on her face.

“That’s a funny joke right there. Now why don’t you and your coltfriend get out of here before one of you gets hurt?”

Tempest laughed next and now had a death glare on her face as she lit her broken horn up with a blue energy.

“Oh, somepony is gonna get hurt alright…”

Lee was prepared to help Tempest out, but he instead decided to step back a few feet when he saw Tempest wink at him.

“Guys… Trust me when I say that you do not want to be on her bad side…”

One of the bandits laughed again as he looked at Tempest and was prepared to attack her.

“Hmph. You don’t look so tough to me, sweet thing!”

The bandit lunged at Tempest and hit her square in the face with his hoof, but Tempest didn’t even flinch at the impact. The bandit felt a shockwave of pain go through his body until he let out a large scream of pain and cradled his broken hoof.

“Ahhh, geez!! It’s like hitting a piece of steel! Oh that hurts so much!”

The lead bandit turned to his two friends, but they simply stared ahead of him and told him to turn back around. The bandit turned back around only to see a huge tree being hurled towards him and he fell to the ground unconscious.

Tempest cracked her neck before turning to the other two bandits. The bandits immediately surrendered and fell to their knees in fear.

“We’re not that stupid! Please take it all, we beg you!”

Lee kissed Tempest for what she did and the two of them started putting the stolen supplies on the wagon.

“And that there is one of the many reasons why I love you Tempest! I’m sure everypony will be glad to have their belongings back.”

“I agree. Let’s go ahead and bring it back to them, Lee!”
——————————————————————-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lee and Tempest entered the village of Lonia with the wagon of stolen goods and everypony looked at them as they walked to the middle of the village. A pony with gray hair and mustache approached Lee and Tempest and made them stop in front of him.

“Are you the mayor of the village? We have some things that belong to your fellow residents.”

Everypony began cheering for Lee and Tempest as a few of the ponies approached the wagon and they noticed some of the items inside. Lee and Tempest stood aside as ponies started taking their possessions back.

The mayor bowed in thanks to Lee and Tempest and they shook hooves with him happily.

“Thank you both for returning all of this. We had gotten so many reports of things being stolen and we were just about to send word to the princesses about this!”

Lee and Tempest looked at the mayor in confusion at his words and Tempest took out the letter from her satchel.

"Wait, you were about to send a letter? Did you... not send this one here?"

The mayor looked at the letter throughly but did not recognize the message.

"No, I didn't send it. Perhaps somepony in town took the initiative, but I would have done it sooner if somepony didn't steal my good quill."

The mayor walked away from Lee and Tempest to see to the villagers regaining their possessions. Lee and Tempest looked to each other for an answer to the strange letter in front of them.

"Hmm, if the mayor didn't send the letter... then who did?"

"I don't know. Maybe we should ask around..."

But before the two of them could even begin asking questions, one pony approached them and cleared her throat to speak.

"Excuse me, but is your name Lee?"

Lee looked at the pony behind him and felt a little confused at her appearance. She was a black furred pony with a green and blue mane and her eyes were green with a slit going down her pupils.

"Uh, yeah that's my name... Who are you?"

The pony then began to whisper as she continued talking.

"Not here. Listen, I need you to follow me so that we can talk in private. There is an urgent matter that I need your help with..."

Lee looked at Tempest and they both shrugged their shoulders at the strange pony. They didn't know who she was or why she wanted to see them, but decided that the only way to find out was to go along with her.

"Alright... Lead the way then."

The black pony beckoned them to follow them and they started making their way out of town.

As they all walked along however, Lee suddenly felt somepony bump into him and it nearly made him lose his balance. Lee looked behind him for the pony that bumped into him but he didn't see anypony else around him.

"Huh? Who did that?"

Lee looked around again, but Tempest called to him to get his attention and he looked over at her.

"Are you alright, Lee?" Tempest asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I could have sworn somepony bumped into me... but I don't see anypony."

Tempest looked around herself for anypony suspicious, but didn't see anypony of notice either.

"Hmm, must have been the wind. Come on, let's just get this over with so we can go back home."

Lee then smiled at Tempest and kissed her once more before they both continued the black pony.

A/N: Another chapter finally completed! Hope everyone enjoys this new chapter in the adventure of Lee and Tempest!

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, DivineSun1000 said:

As they all walked along however, Lee suddenly felt somepony bump into him and it nearly made him lose his balance. Lee looked behind him for the pony that bumped into him but he didn't see anypony else around him.

Lee just got pickpocketed, he should check to see if he still has his wallet. :P I had a feeling from the start Chrysalis might have had something to do with the bandits considering she stole bread in the first chapter, excited to see how this goes. 

8 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Lee just got pickpocketed, he should check to see if he still has his wallet. :P I had a feeling from the start Chrysalis might have had something to do with the bandits considering she stole bread in the first chapter, excited to see how this goes. 

Lee didn't have any money, but that wasn't who bumped into him. And Chrysalis isn't affiliated with the bandits either.

5 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

But who bumped into him? :ticking:

You will see...

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, DivineSun1000 said:

Lee didn't have any money, but that wasn't who bumped into him. And Chrysalis isn't affiliated with the bandits either.

You will see...

Was just making a joke, and of course I know Chrysalis wouldn't directly be affiliated with bandits when she doesn't even like stealing. 

1 minute ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Was just making a joke, and of course I know Chrysalis wouldn't directly be affiliated with bandits when she doesn't even like stealing. 

The ”fight” between Tempest and the bandits was my favorite part. She didn’t even flinch at being attacked!

• Brohoof 1