Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Seventh Element 1 x 1 with Starforce

Ragland Tiger

@Starforce

"Beyond right - doing and wrong - doing,  there is a field.  I will meet you there." -- Rumi

1487901923_oaktree2.jpg.9957de17db6ce04dea95a6ba6ddc053d.jpg

The oak groves on either side of her looked angry, as if they were about to swallow any pony that crossed their path.  Bluebell Shrub whistled to herself to try and lessen the scariness of the place while she carefully pulled her tiny wagon of food and supplies along the worn road.  She heard what sounded like another set of hoof-steps lurking among the trees.  "H-h-h-Who's there?" she said trembling with fear.  "Who's th-th-th-th-there!" Without hesitation her horn flashed, and she vanished in a puff of dust.

Edited by Ragland Tiger
  • Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger

Suri had been following the stranger along through the woods. It was rare that a stranger would encroach onto the land she worked on after all. The nearest neighbor was easily miles away. Suri could easily go weeks without seeing any other ponies, but today was different. The stranger was terrified of Suri's hoof-steps amongst the acorn trees she could tell, and stopping to spy on her behind a tree - she would only see that the stranger had vanished. 

"How odd." Suri remarked under her breathe, before continuing along.

1711285682_oaktrees.jpg.c8926b739dac3467e941932a9d166323.jpg

Bluebell looked down from a tree limb that she had climbed into, and watched the pony following her walk by.  The pony looked as stern as the trees looked angry.  She held her breath while the pink pony with the tight bun in her mane walked into the distance.  "She looks like she could really hurt somepony," Bluebell thought to herself, "I had better find a way out of here before she discovers me." She started to carefully climb down the tree, but then her hoof slipped...

• Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger

Suri Polomare had largely brushed the intruder aside. Maybe she was a mere mail pony or a lost tourist. As she was walking along she had heard Bluebell slip and hit the ground below. Instantly she had turned around and her harsh eyes gazed into Bluebell's own. "Who are you and what are you doing here?" Suri asked, quickly trotting up to Bluebell and helping her up. However she had helped her to her hooves somewhat half heartedly. 

"P-p-please don't hu-hu-hurt me M'am," said Bluebell, "I-I was-was just trying to fi-fi-find m-my way to th-the Fields Of f-f-f-Forever. I d-d-didn't mean to in-intrude." Her body shook while she spoke.  T-tell-tell me which w-way to g-g-go and I will be on m-m-my way.  You w-won't see m-m-me here ag-again. I p-promise."

"If you-you must n-n-know, I'm in the emp-employ of Princess s-s-Celestia.  She sent m-me to fi-fi-find a lost, ancient r-relic that may be h-h-h-hidden in the f-fields.  I researched ever-everything I c-c-could find about it, and th-that led me h-h-here.  C-c-can I go n-n-now?"

• Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger

Suri grinned widely at what she had spoke of. "Oooh, well I'd definitely want in on that. I've been farming away here for Acorns and doing farm work for...ages...I could use a change of pace." she smirked. "My name is Suri. Suri Polomare." she spoke with pride.

Bluebell looked at Suri for a second.  She wasn't sure of what to think of this stranger.  Suri's stare made her a bit uncomfortable. It felt like she was looking at the face of avarice.  "I-I'm Bluebell Shrub.  C-c-can you lead me t-to Fields Of Forever?" Bluebell asked, hitching herself to her wagon.

• Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger

Suri rose an eyebrow at that and just went along with it for now and began leading her along with a bit of a grin. "Well, sure. As long as you tell me what you are looking for. I am very interested to know about it." she replied, her eyes once again giving that weird state.

(edited)

"Legend h-h-has-has it that there w-w-was a sev-seventh Element Of h-h-Harmony that has been lost for th-th-th-thousands of years.  I-I sus-suspected that there-there was ever since I-I started st-studying Equestria's hist-history, so, when p-Princess Celestia decided to send m-me to look for it, I was very h-h-happy to do it.  I love going on j-journeys of mystery and-and dis-discovery."

Edited by Ragland Tiger
  • Brohoof 1

Suri scoffed. "If that is true, than how did the 6 defeat Nightmare Moon? The other tyrants such as Sombra and Chrysalis? Hmph. Maybe you are just going on a wild goose chase but if there is a possibility of it being true...I'll help you out." she smirked wildly. "I've been here wasting away my time for far too long. My reputation was ruined...if this is real than perhaps I can have a way to get it back..." she pondered devilishly. 

Bluebell regarded Suri with a fair amount of suspicion, but nonetheless, gave her the benefit of the doubt.  "Let's do this, then," Bluebell said, adjusting the amber gem hanging from her neck, and started  walking, pulling the wagon behind her, while keeping a close eye on Suri.  "I hope I'm worng about her," she thought to herself.

• Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger

Suri smiled triumphantly at Bluebell's agreement. The Gem on her neck was very interesting to say the least. It was a possible thing she could take from Bluebell - but not like this. Perhaps when Bluebell was asleep she could take it and sell it to make herself some more money. "Sounds like a plan to me. Now, tell me more of what ya know. I'm curious." Suri said casually. 

(edited)

Bluebell let out a yawn.  "Well f-f-f-first, do y-you know of someplace where I-I could t-t-turn in? I've b-been hi-hi-hiking fo-for d-days."  She still wasn't sure if she should trust this mare, given her suspicious demeanor.  What was her angle?

Edited by Ragland Tiger
  • Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger

Suri smiled to her, almost sympathetically. "Well I'll take you home. My home isn't too far from here. It's actually a place I bought out with my...remaining money. Really, it's hard work. I harvest acorns and have some other trees around here that grow pears. So I guess you could say I'm a farmer." she spoke with disappointed sigh. Clearly she wasn't satisfied with her life. Before long, Bluebell sees the large farmhouse and other such buildings on the property. That was where Suri was taking her. 

• 2 weeks later...

Once inside, the house looked obsessively neat and ordered.  It almost looked like it hadn't been lived in.  "N-n-nice pl-place you ha-have here," said Bluebell.  She looked around, apprehensive, and uncertain.  "Where d-do I s-s-s-sleep?" 

Edited by Ragland Tiger
  • Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger

It was indeed very clean and well kept. Suri smiled at this and lead Bluebell to a guest bedroom. It was small, but it was very quaint and well kept. "Well, here you go. This will be your bedroom. Don't snoop around though. I have my eye on you." she said, with narrowing eyes. 

"Of-of course," said Bluebell, taking off her glasses  and the gem hanging from her neck. She placed them carefully on the nightstand.  "I-I'm just going to ta-take a n-n-nap, if-if that's o-o-okay. It's b-b-been a lo-long journey."

• Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger

Suri nodded and accepted this. Bluebell's nervousness was interesting to see, something she could capitalize on. "Oh, most definitely. Nap as long as you'd need." Suri complimented, taking note of the gem. She wanted to take that gem or at least get a look at it.

• 2 weeks later...

After a while, Bluebell was startled awake when she heard a loud pop, and a scream.  She sprung up in the bed and looked about.  "S-s-s-Suri?"  She looked at floor and saw her host lying there, deleious.  "Oh d-d-dear!"

• Brohoof 1

Bluebell got up and helped Suri onto the bed.  She then went pulled a clean rag from her saddle bag.  She dipped it in the cold water basin, and then went over and placed the cold rag over the bruise on Suri's forehead.  "H-hold that there,"   Bluebell said, gently taking Suri's hoof and placing it on the rag.  She sighed, knowing what really happened. She went and picked up the gem from the floor.  "This-this isn't j-j-just an-any gem.  It fell from the tr-tr-Tree of h-Harmony,  right at m-m-my feet."  She looked up at Suri with sad resignation. "It-it can't be p-pilfered."

Edited by Ragland Tiger
  • Brohoof 1