Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

slice of life Pipp Does Wordle

Skylight Scintillate

“What’s up, Pippsqueaks? This is Pipp Petals here live from my bedroom and today we are going to be trying a trend that has been going around on the internet called Wordle,” Pipp said to her viewers as she navigated to the website on her phone, making sure that it was streaming both her face and the screen. A blank five-by-six grid appeared on the screen.

“Alright everypony, so if you haven’t heard of wordle before, you are trying to guess a common five-letter word and you have six tries to do so. If the word contains the letter and it is in the right place, then it will appear green. If the word contains the letter but it is not in the right place, then it will appear yellow. If the word does not contain the letter, then it will appear grey, ok? Alright then, let’s get started,” Pipp explained.

Immediately, the comments on the sidebar started getting flooded with suggestions for words to try. H, however, Pipp ignored them. 

“I think that we should try to figure out what vowels are in the word since there are only five of them and we can most likely figure out what word it is once we know the vowels. Let’s try HEAVY since it has two vowels in it.” Pipp said as entered the word into her phone. The letters revealed themselves as all grey.

“Ok then, as you can see, all of the letters are grey, which means that it doesn’t have any Hs, Es, As, Vs, or Ys.”

“Let’s try LOGIN next, which is what I do every morning to access my social media accounts to catch up on what’s happening around Zephyr Heights,” Pipp joked as she entered the word LOGIN into her phone. The letters revealed themselves and they were all grey except for the letter o.

“Ok then, so we know that we have the letter O in the word, but it is not the second letter of the word. Let’s try PURSE next. Now I know what you are thinking: the word purse doesn’t have the letter O in it, but sometimes it makes sense to ignore that in order to guess more letters,” Pipp explained as she entered the next word into her phone. The letters revealed themselves.

“Ok then, we know the word has an O, an R, and an S. Hmm, what word has the letters O, R, and S? Oh, and don’t mind the background noise. It’s probably my sister Zipp waking up,” Pipp pondered for a second, rubbing her hoof against her chin and completely ignoring the comments that were blowing up on the sidebar. “Let’s try TOURS next,” Pipp entered the next word into her phone. The letters revealed themselves, showing that they had made significant progress.

“Nice, you see, the letter R is green, which means that the fourth letter of the word we are looking for is R. We also now know that it has an S. However, we know that it isn’t a four-letter noun that is plural because the S can’t be the last letter. Hmm, we only have two guesses left. I think it might be SHORT,” Pipp entered that word into her phone. The letters revealed themselves and immediately, the chat began blowing up. Pipp also noticed that the shuffling noise from earlier had stopped for some reason. What was Zipp doing?

“Oh, ok then. Let’s see, we have STOR, and we don’t know what the last letter is. Dang it, there are quite a few words that could work here: Stork, Storm… Which one should I choose!?” Pipp Petals exclaimed hypothetically, and even though the comments on the sidebar had all gotten it, she ignored them.

“I don’t know what to guess. Storm, I guess. I can’t bear to look,” Pipp Petals gasped as she entered the word and covered her eyes. That is when she heard someone giggling from the doorway. Pipp opened her eyes.

“Zipp?” Pipp asked. “What are you doing in my bedroom?”

“Took you long enough for you to guess my last name,” Zipp smirked as she pulled out her phone, which showed her first guess as storm. “You know, there’s the royal that guesses the word on her first try, and there’s the royal that guesses the word on her last try.”

“ZIPP!?”

====================

I decided to write this short slice of life while Wordle is still trendy, and because there isn't enough Gen 5 stuff on the forums yet.

• Brohoof 1