King Sombra is New G5 Villain's Relative (Fan Theory)

Misty Shadow

A fairly short theory I did all the research and writing for in about three hours. 

https://www.deviantart.com/cloudmistdragon/art/King-Sombra-is-New-G5-Villain-s-Ancestor-Theory-917393212

This is another expansion theory, supplementing an earlier theory of mine, King Sombra is in G5, with more evidence. In the wake of the premiere of the new Make Your Mark special of Generation 5 of MLP, someone pointed out how the new villain that makes a brief appearance towards the end of the special resembles Radiant Hope, Sombra's childhood friend from the IDW comics.
MLP G5 Villain Looking Like Hope

Given the fact that the villain in the special is in a dark room for dramatic effect, the resemblance may not be apparent at first. But even without better lighting, the color scheme is still oddly familiar. Also, make a note of the similarity between the Crystal Heart and the Unity Crystals. Not just in appearance as I pointed out in my King Sombra is in G5 theory, where I said the crystals could've been separated parts of the Crystal Heart. They are also similar in purpose.

In the special, it is hatred among the ponies that causes the weather to become tumultuous. And it is love that stabilizes the magic in the Unity Crystals, keeping the weather normal. Wasn't it revealed in Friendship is Magic's The Crystalling that the reason Sombra hid the Heart rather than destroying it was to keep the weather from becoming uncontrollable?

It's not just the appearance in regards to the villain either. When I was discussing the possibility of Sombra having descendants in my theory of him being in G5, I also talked a fair bit about his potential relations with Bridlewood Forest and the Tree of Harmony. What do you see in the lair of this villain?
MLP G5 Villain Debut

Those four jagged structures around her twist like vines or the roots of a plant. And in the special, the earth ponies acquire their own magic once the magic is stabilized, the power to grow plants. Said stabilization is also the reason why the villain determines that this is the right time to make her move. Could the now enhanced earth pony crystal further amplify plant magic of her own? These vine-like structures also have lines ingrained in them that curve like the lines seen in a unicorn's horn.

And last, this leads to the final, biggest piece of evidence. The villain's horn.
MLP G5 Villain Horn

Not only is this horn curved, it starts with a dark color from the bottom and gets progressively brighter as it works its way up to the top, ending with a bright tip, just like King Sombra's horn. Interestingly, this type of color pattern is standard among unicorns in 3D-animated G5 media, but that's another discussion for another day. More intriguing is how the villain's horn is curved, also just like Sombra's horn...
King Sombra Horn Similar

Overall, I'm surprised by how much evidence we are already seeing supporting the possibility of Sombra having a presence in G5. People will inevitably argue that Radiant Hope can't share a descendant with Sombra, saying the IDW comics are not actually canon. However, Jeremy Whitley, the writer of Siege of the Crystal Empire and the lead writer of My Little Pony: Season 10, has called the comics "the primary canon" following FiM's conclusion.
mlp_season_10_primary_canon_by_cloudmist

Regardless, Sombra's backstory in the comics could still be rewritten to fit into the show's timeline. Either way, it's peculiar how we're already seeing another character who bears a likeness to Hope and has a possible connection to Sombra, the first character being Izzy, as I already brought up in my Sombra is in G5 theory. Just for a little bonus, Izzy was recently seen in the tenth episode of Tell Your Tale carrying a cart of gray gemstones, pieces of crystal.
Izzy Gray Gemstones

Besides black, another trademark color of Sombra's crystals is gray, albeit usually much darker gray.
Sombra's Other Trademark Crystal Color

Make Your Mark may not have opened with Sombra returning from the moon, a possibility I briefly mentioned in my King Sombra in the Moon theory, but I do enjoy the evidence it gave us in an unexpected form. However, speaking of that theory, I have one more bonus to throw in.
Sombra in the Moon Darker Eye Test 1

I was satisfied with the evidence I presented in that theory supporting the notion that it was Sombra's image on the moon and not Nightmare Moon's. But there was one more feature about the eye that I completely missed. There's something about it that's very difficult to see in the light. Can you guess what it is?
Sombra in the Moon Lighter Eye Test 1

If you still can't catch it, try darkening the image.
Sombra in the Moon Darker Eye Pupil New Circle

You can now see distinct traces of colors of green and red, the colors found in Sombra's eyes. This is what it looks like compared to an image of Sombra's eye.
Sombra in the Moon Darker Eye Pupil New Both Eyes

Only Sombra's pupil is red, not the outer area of his eye, which is green. But more importantly, why does color remain in his eye at all? Are these the remnants of an image that was drawn over? Sombra is admittedly not an easy character to draw, much less draw to fit on the moon. Could an image for him on the moon have actually been an already existing shot overlayed with light? Or were those colors left there intentionally? You decide.

And so concludes what became an expansion of two Sombra theories. Let's continue to see what else is in store for the shadow king in the new generation.

Not sure how I'd feel about G4 actively crossing over in G5 (I consider the movie to have a passive crossover since G4 was just there as an ancestral memory sort of thing) but it does look intriguing. Makes more sense than being a daughter of Luna or something like I was imagining.

3FBC2CD6-82F4-4BE2-9995-20DAD3ED3514.png.4ce87f72cf9bda0d0d5900fa20c489d3.png

Boom!

(edited)

Interesting.

If she is a descendent of Sombra, could she turn into a cloud of darkness?

Oh help me if Izzy turns out to be related to the Shadowy Alicorn or Sombra.

Edited by Rosy Moonlight

• The title was changed to King Sombra is New G5 Villain's Relative (Fan Theory)