Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning New RP ideas

Props Valroa

(edited)

I am looking for some new 1x1 RP ideas. Some of these I did here years ago and they pittered out and died a slow death. I am looking for someone who is literate, has previous experience with RP, and is capable of writing at least a paragraph in most cases. I will deny RP with someone if I do not deem them fit for the RP idea at hand, Canon characters and OC's are welcome. I am looking for someone who won't leave me hanging for weeks, or months - I have had that happen and it's not particularly pleasant.

In my idea, it basically involves me playing as an Equestrian villain. Tirek or Sombra, I am looking to play as either of them as I have not played those characters for a very long time. I have done Chrysalis a lot over the years, so I would say that I would not be as interested as playing as her. For my idea, it involves the villain returning / escaping from imprisonment and deciding to create a better cohesive plan. They may very well decide to leave Equestria entirely, or even change their ways of their own accord. 

Up to you, Tirek or Sombra. Mainly just looking to get in the mindset for writing villains again like I used to years ago, and flex some creative muscles. The world's plot can be largely up to interpretation, but would want some similarities with the show, the villain returning, being defeated - and then returning again - then the RP unfolds. 

As for your character, you can be someone who seeks to reform the villain, re-imprison them, or even join with them in their quest for power again. Depending on your choice, I will decide whether or not to stick with the canon interpretation of the villain or go about an alternative path for them. At the moment I prefer Sombra, but I can go either way with Tirek (I have never RP'd as Tirek in the past 5 years, so it would be interesting.)

Am open to discussion, folks. 

Edited by -Solstice-

15 hours ago, -Solstice- said:

I am looking for some new 1x1 RP ideas. Some of these I did here years ago and they pittered out and died a slow death. I am looking for someone who is literate, has previous experience with RP, and is capable of writing at least a paragraph in most cases. I will deny RP with someone if I do not deem them fit for the RP idea at hand, Canon characters and OC's are welcome. I am looking for someone who won't leave me hanging for weeks, or months - I have had that happen and it's not particularly pleasant.

In my idea, it basically involves me playing as an Equestrian villain. Tirek or Sombra, I am looking to play as either of them as I have not played those characters for a very long time. I have done Chrysalis a lot over the years, so I would say that I would not be as interested as playing as her. For my idea, it involves the villain returning / escaping from imprisonment and deciding to create a better cohesive plan. They may very well decide to leave Equestria entirely, or even change their ways of their own accord. 

Up to you, Tirek or Sombra. Mainly just looking to get in the mindset for writing villains again like I used to years ago, and flex some creative muscles. The world's plot can be largely up to interpretation, but would want some similarities with the show, the villain returning, being defeated - and then returning again - then the RP unfolds. 

As for your character, you can be someone who seeks to reform the villain, re-imprison them, or even join with them in their quest for power again. Depending on your choice, I will decide whether or not to stick with the canon interpretation of the villain or go about an alternative path for them. At the moment I prefer Sombra, but I can go either way with Tirek (I have never RP'd as Tirek in the past 5 years, so it would be interesting.)

Am open to discussion, folks. 

I don't have a specific idea on what would happen, but, with your wish to play as Sombra, I do have a character that could create an interesting interaction, Evenide, or by her full name The Crystal Queen Evenide, is an alicorn from alternative universe to the canon one, there's more details about it, but in short, she was the unwilling wife of that world's Sombra, was, because she killed him when she got tired of him, and after ruling alone until the death of the empire, she figured a way to get out of that world. 

There's also Queen Noctuna, alicorn from the same world, she could be fitting for the ruling together thing because while she isn't necessarily evil, she isn't hard to corrupt. She also commands the armies of darkness and night, so usefulness wouldn't be a problem. 

In one extreme there's Una, who is a test subject (from the same alt world), who is literally a blank slate, as she has no memories of anything, could be easily corrupted by evil, or just made a loyal servant, haven't really planned anything on her yet, so it could be decided she's super powerful or somehow else connected to some MacGuffin thing. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Of those I think I may be interested in Una the most. I like all of your character ideas. If I were to play as Tirek, what do you think of other ideas for you to play? If you want to create something out of these ideas, we can, to replace the Sparkly Situation one, in an attempt to make something that is more interesting and detailed.

8 minutes ago, -Solstice- said:

@Catpone Cerberus

Of those I think I may be interested in Una the most. I like all of your character ideas. If I were to play as Tirek, what do you think of other ideas for you to play? If you want to create something out of these ideas, we can, to replace the Sparkly Situation one, in an attempt to make something that is more interesting and detailed.

For Tirek, well, Una is the first one, because as stated, she is blank slate, Noctuna again also could work, though for different reason, because if Tirek was to...reword his story a bit, he could win her on his side pretty easily due to her past. 

Others...Maybe Ex-commander Sheez, a kobold (yet again from the alt world) she hates ponies, like really hates them, so she would have no problems helping Tirek to deal with them (there's also reasons why his ability to steal magic wouldn't be threat to her.) 

Cinder....maybe? She isn't really fully a villain character and has some standards, but she's a nihilist in a way, and could in theory go along with Tirek for the lols so to speak, Sombra she probably wouldn't go along with because she doesn't like rulers. 

I also have characters like She, He, It, They and That, which all are ghosts of sorts, and while all of them have a specific gimmick in their personalities, none of them have morals, though they can be bit...one tone. 

you may notice all of them are on the "with the villain" line, and there's few reasons, 1. i don't have characters that are both willing and capable at going against the villains. 2. I have no Idea how I would roleplay trying to reform them, and I don't like RPs with PvP. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Fair enough. Most RPs I have done involved PvP in a lot of cases, I enjoy character combat - but I have not done something where the villain actually succeeds in conquering the world and such, although I wonder how we would go about such things in that regard. 

7 hours ago, -Solstice- said:

@Catpone Cerberus

Fair enough. Most RPs I have done involved PvP in a lot of cases, I enjoy character combat - but I have not done something where the villain actually succeeds in conquering the world and such, although I wonder how we would go about such things in that regard. 

My problem with pvp is that it so easily goes wrong if not planned fully, my characters also aren't made balanced combat in mind, either they have no real fighting capabilities, or they are OP

I don't really have ideas how exactly handle such either, because as stated elsewhere, my way of RPing is more focused on the characters rather than the grand scheme of everything.

Just for extreme example, I have an Rp where the main plot is about dark portal opening, the portal didn't come to play until like 2 or 3 years (real time) into the Rp :P

I guess it should be about small victories, single towns and such, since it would make sense for the villain to try to avoid getting the attention of the elements until they are strong enough. 

Total victory is more ending material. 

I did come up with one way to RP reform, accidental reform, reverse stocholm syndrome if you may, my character being a prisoner or servant/slave who the villain starts to like and from that starts to think if the whole taking over the world thing is worth it. 

Don't know if that would be entertaining or not, just a thought. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

I have had and been in RPs that have lasted well over a year and are still on going. The longest one I have had went from 2017-2019, although that RP was in a discord DM and it was very all over the place, it was a constant mess that we somehow kept going through to the point where it was just comedy how much things were OP and how many alicorn OCs I had. Now, that person and I are doing an RP that began in July of 2021, and it's far more streamlined and I am only playing one character.

I can make RPs last a long time, and since this is a completely different idea and setup than the other one, I could probably do Sombra for it. My idea for this, is that Sombra does not immediately return to the Crystal Empire, but he goes somewhere else, like perhaps the Everfree Forest or somewhere beyond the Empire so he could recharge his magic, and then plan to once again take over. This time, Sombra is so enraged at his previous defeats, he aims to take over the entire world for himself.

However, Sombra wants to rule a living world. He won't destroy everything or put everything into Darkness, he'll more or less just take down the 2 sisters, raise the Sun and Moon at his Leisure, jail the elements, steal the elements of harmony for himself. Most normal ponies would be largely left alone after the conquest is done, so long as they respect his rule, but he would want to expand the Crystal Empire's borders to just take over the entirety of Equestria, so Equestria as we know it would just be part of the Crystal Empire. 

Alternatively, an idea I also had involved a corrupted Radiant Hope but with that as the plotline.

Radiant Hope Fan Club - Fan Clubs - MLP Forums

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, -Solstice- said:

My idea for this, is that Sombra does not immediately return to the Crystal Empire, but he goes somewhere else, like perhaps the Everfree Forest or somewhere beyond the Empire so he could recharge his magic, and then plan to once again take over. This time, Sombra is so enraged at his previous defeats, he aims to take over the entire world for himself.

However, Sombra wants to rule a living world. He won't destroy everything or put everything into Darkness, he'll more or less just take down the 2 sisters, raise the Sun and Moon at his Leisure, jail the elements, steal the elements of harmony for himself. Most normal ponies would be largely left alone after the conquest is done, so long as they respect his rule, but he would want to expand the Crystal Empire's borders to just take over the entirety of Equestria, so Equestria as we know it would just be part of the Crystal Empire. 

Alternatively, an idea I also had involved a corrupted Radiant Hope but with that as the plotline.

i have nothing against that idea, and whichever character works for me, the possible characters from my end stay pretty much the same, because all the characters not mentioned are either too good or otherwise have too different mindset to join a quest for world takeover.

We'd just need to figure out what exactly my character's role would be, especially if you still think Una is the most interesting one, because with her not having any memories, I'm pretty free to move her to any direction, though I feel that I should mention her species as I have't yet, she's hybrid of kind, her base species is a changeling (non-reformed) but shes' also part pony and dragon, and while her general bodyshape is a pony with horns (both unicorn horn and dragon horns) and wings, her appearance is constantly shifting between those 3 species uncontrollably all over her body.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

If we go with Sombra, I am going to say that he was one of the prominent Crystal Pony scientists who dabbled in dark magic and experimentation, this corrupted him and turned him into the King Sombra we know and love in the show. I would also say he is the creator of the alicorn amulet, it grants the user the powers comparable to that of an alicorn - and since he is the one who crafted it, it's basically an extension of his body, and he can sense where it was. This version of Sombra would have regenerated his body from his horn, like in the show. 

And upon retrieving the amulet, he would be strong enough to free the Umbrum from their prison, and herald them as their King - and conquer the world by using them, and his Crystal Pony warriors. 

If we go with Radiant Hope, I am going to say that she may be from another universe where Sombra never existed and she ended up becoming corrupted after being exposed to dark magic in an accident. This magic basically degenerated her body, making it so that she has to drain life of plants (or ponies) to survive. However with her, there would be a lot of room to create a new villain out of her - however, I am currently doing an RP with Blitz Boom, involving an OC of mine from an ancient past on a mission to steal magic to become an alicorn, not take over the world exactly, but we'd need to discuss the details of that so it doesn't feel similar to that RP or other RPs I have done.

Una, Noctuana, whoever you prefer to be is up to you. I am fine with either. I just need to know your thoughts as for my ideas there, for us to decide between Sombra or an AU Radiant Hope. 

• Brohoof 1

44 minutes ago, -Solstice- said:

@Catpone Cerberus

If we go with Sombra, I am going to say that he was one of the prominent Crystal Pony scientists who dabbled in dark magic and experimentation, this corrupted him and turned him into the King Sombra we know and love in the show. I would also say he is the creator of the alicorn amulet, it grants the user the powers comparable to that of an alicorn - and since he is the one who crafted it, it's basically an extension of his body, and he can sense where it was. This version of Sombra would have regenerated his body from his horn, like in the show. 

And upon retrieving the amulet, he would be strong enough to free the Umbrum from their prison, and herald them as their King - and conquer the world by using them, and his Crystal Pony warriors. 

If we go with Radiant Hope, I am going to say that she may be from another universe where Sombra never existed and she ended up becoming corrupted after being exposed to dark magic in an accident. This magic basically degenerated her body, making it so that she has to drain life of plants (or ponies) to survive. However with her, there would be a lot of room to create a new villain out of her - however, I am currently doing an RP with Blitz Boom, involving an OC of mine from an ancient past on a mission to steal magic to become an alicorn, not take over the world exactly, but we'd need to discuss the details of that so it doesn't feel similar to that RP or other RPs I have done.

Una, Noctuana, whoever you prefer to be is up to you. I am fine with either. I just need to know your thoughts as for my ideas there, for us to decide between Sombra or an AU Radiant Hope. 

Both are fine for me, I'm not a lore purist so alternative take on Sombra is fine to me (not that I remember that much detail anyway), and with Alt-hope, the only question would be if this would still take part in the "main-universe" or in her world, since both my characters are from world of their own (in which the RP can't take place as it wouldn't work there)? I don't really have a preference, so it's really up to you which you think you would enjoy playing more. 

For my characters, well, I don't really have a preference between Una and Noctuna, as I have yet to play with either before, and thus don't yet have the feeling for them so to speak. It partly depends on what kind of role you want from me.

Una would be lot more passive character, having no memories of anything besides some flashes to her time being tested on (she doesn't even remember who or what she is) she doesn't have agenda or end goal, so especially in the start she would kinda just learn to exist again, but as she'd get more familiar with her new self, she'd start having motivations, most likely ones aligning with the villain, since that would be literally all she knows. 

Noctuna meanwhile has her own motivations and such, so she would be more active character, even going against the villain in some things if they don't match her own twisted worldview. She is basically a princess driven close to total madness, so depending on just how things go, she can be anything from slightly reluctant ally to a total monster rivaling the worst corruption of dark magic. Ultimately she'd drive towards to her end goal, to be able to make sure she is left alone for rest of her long life.

@Catpone Cerberus

We can perhaps go with Sombra for this one. I want to do something with Radiant Hope, but to me it seems simpler to go with a Sombra with a few things in his character and backstory tweaked. Radiant would require us to think up a whole new character, basically - but not impossible for me to do. Hmm, so Sombra it is. Una might be more fitting for him, although I would like you to describe locations, areas, we end up in, we'd discuss them beforehand if that's alright with you. 

Besides, most of my characters are female, so playing a male character would be a good change of pace for me. 

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, -Solstice- said:

I would like you to describe locations, areas, we end up in, we'd discuss them beforehand if that's alright with you. 

well as long as I have some idea of what to describe, then sure, no problem, one area would actually be in the start because Una, being a test subject, would most logically be found from a lab of sorts, or well, more specifically a room of a lab that has been transported from other world, because I think that would be the only logical way for her to meet Sombra, by Sombra finding that room in middle of a forest or something.  

1 minute ago, -Solstice- said:

@Catpone Cerberus

So he stumbles on the building somewhere in a forest?

A part of the building yes. Doesn't need to be a forest necessarily, just some middle of nowhere place. 

Basically, a piece of a building from another dimension either appears, or has appeared just before he arrives, and he stumbles upon it, and in it there's Una in a tube

6 minutes ago, -Solstice- said:

@Catpone Cerberus

King Sombra has been approved, how would you want to start this rp? 

It slightly depends on if the piece of building is already there or if it appears when Sombra is close by. I think best way would be with you making the first post, describing the general area, weather, things like that, and what Sombra is doing of course, and I'd continue from that with description of the building and such.

Where it matters if the building is already there or not ,is that one can't stumble upon something that isn't there, and instead Sombra would see a weird light (and possibly feel big surge of magic if he can feel such things.).

Also, just to mention, my summer break is over and I'm back working, so my forum activity will lessen from the last 4 weeks. Basically, I can't post as many times a day (sometimes only once depending on when you are active) and there may be days when I'm not online at all. This shouldn't be too new since that was the case in our previous RP too, but just wanted to make sure you know. 

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, -Solstice- said:

@Catpone Cerberus

That's all good by me, any name ideas for the RP? I just need a name and then I can start the thread, and do the scenes leading up to when the building is described.

It could be something basic like Return of the king or something, I tried to think of a name like with the previous RP but just came up with "Shady business" because Sombra is shadow pony creature thing, and Una is, or well ,was, a test subject to shady tests, not that clever :P  

Unlikely alliance? would that work?

Will you transform this into the OOC or will you create a new OOC for this?

• Brohoof 1

22 minutes ago, -Solstice- said:

When it comes down to it, do you think you could play or involve canon characters at some point

Play, no, especially if you want them to be actually in character, not only do I have no skill doing that, it has also been so long since I watched the show that I frankly don't remember their character beyond simple details (Twilight is a book worm, Fluttershy is shy, etc.), involving them though, I can use them as side/background character style, an example "The elements of harmony tried to convince them to stop, but when they didn't listen, the activated the elements.". Basically, I can control them to do stuff, but not really on the dialogue side of things :please:

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, -Solstice- said:

@Catpone Cerberus

Their personalities don't matter to me, you can write them however you please. Would that work better for you?

For short periods at a time maybe, not to the level of being second main characters. Though we need to plan things a bit before the time its needed so that I know what direction to take them at that time.