Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Roleplay Ideas Toss

Skylight Scintillate

I have some ideas for roleplays that I would like to develop further, and I would like to discuss these ideas with you guys to see what you think.

1. It turns out that an alicorn civilization does exist just outside the realm of Equestria, and that place is filled with alicorns. 
  2. It's an alternate universe cyberpunk version of Equestria with the mane six in it. (Though would magic exist in this setting?)
  3. Twilight Sparkle creates a robot pony with the values of friendship. (Could potentially be combined with the cyberpunk setting mentioned above.)
  • Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

• 2 months later...

@Cagey @Silly Druid 

I remember yesterday we were discussing the idea of roleplaying as canon characters in a roleplay (most likely the Mane Six if I recall correctly). Perhaps we could discuss ideas of what kinds of roleplays we would like to do. I think that in these situations, it works best by putting the canon characters in interesting and unique situations not seen before, or at least not seen much in the show. But what do you guys think? Are there any ideas for roleplay plots involving canon characters that you two want to try?

• Brohoof 2

51 minutes ago, Skylight Scintillate said:

@Cagey @Silly Druid 

I remember yesterday we were discussing the idea of roleplaying as canon characters in a roleplay (most likely the Mane Six if I recall correctly). Perhaps we could discuss ideas of what kinds of roleplays we would like to do. I think that in these situations, it works best by putting the canon characters in interesting and unique situations not seen before, or at least not seen much in the show. But what do you guys think? Are there any ideas for roleplay plots involving canon characters that you two want to try?

Anything that leads to characters interacting, working together, or experiencing dilemmas, I guess? 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
34 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Anything that leads to characters interacting, working together, or experiencing dilemmas, I guess? 

I mean like are there any interesting settings you would be interested in trying? What kind of dilemmas? 

My ideas are like some characters being involved with a culture that is very different than theirs, or going far into the past or the future of Equestria. 

Here are some random ideas:

Pasts or futures like Ancient Equestria, G5 Equestria, Fallout Equestria, Modern Equestria (like 21st-century technology), Cyberpunk Equestria, etc...

Other cultures like bat ponies, robot ponies, alien ponies, alicorn ponies, kirins...

Secret Agent Sweetie Drops needs a cast of canon characters to infiltrate a place and destroy their group.

Secret Alicorn civilization is real and the mane six end up there.

Weird stuff starts happening with magic, and they have to figure out what it is.

Power Ponies do... things!

Twilights from three different universes Twilighting together?

Mysterious Mare Do Well... ...Is a thing.

Edited by Skylight Scintillate
  • Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Skylight Scintillate said:

I mean like are there any interesting settings you would be interested in trying? What kind of dilemmas? 

My ideas are like some characters being involved with a culture that is very different than theirs, or going far into the past or the future of Equestria. 

Here are some random ideas:

Pasts or futures like Ancient Equestria, G5 Equestria, Fallout Equestria, Modern Equestria (like 21st-century technology), Cyberpunk Equestria, etc...

Other cultures like bat ponies, robot ponies, alien ponies, alicorn ponies, kirins...

Secret Agent Sweetie Drops needs a cast of canon characters to infiltrate a place and destroy their group.

Secret Alicorn civilization is real and the mane six end up there.

Weird stuff starts happening with magic, and they have to figure out what it is.

Power Ponies do... things!

Twilights from three different universes Twilighting together?

Mysterious Mare Do Well... ...Is a thing.

We could do different settings. We could drop the canon characters into one and have them try to figure out how to get home.

Infiltrating a place is a cool idea. Figuring out weird stuff with magic, too, and there's lots of potential with other civilizations being hostile or mysterious. Those would give the RP some direction, I think.

• Brohoof 1

On 2023-10-24 at 7:22 AM, Skylight Scintillate said:

I have some ideas for roleplays that I would like to develop further, and I would like to discuss these ideas with you guys to see what you think.

1. It turns out that an alicorn civilization does exist just outside the realm of Equestria, and that place is filled with alicorns. 
  2. It's an alternate universe cyberpunk version of Equestria with the mane six in it. (Though would magic exist in this setting?)
  3. Twilight Sparkle creates a robot pony with the values of friendship. (Could potentially be combined with the cyberpunk setting mentioned above.)

1. YES

2. I expected the alicorn civilization to be more heavenly like. But cyberpunk would be.... A nice.... Twist? And yes magic should exist. Then the mix of science and magic would be awesome.

3.Yes and books... Twilight love books.

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, Cagey said:

We could do different settings. We could drop the canon characters into one and have them try to figure out how to get home.

Infiltrating a place is a cool idea. Figuring out weird stuff with magic, too, and there's lots of potential with other civilizations being hostile or mysterious. Those would give the RP some direction, I think.

Hmm, perhaps. Are there any specific ideas that you want to do? Which characters do you want to roleplay as? And Pawels, what do you think? Which characters do you want to roleplay as?

• Brohoof 2

I like the idea of dropping canon characters in an unusual situation and making them figure out what's going on.

There are many characters I can roleplay as, out of the mane six I think the best option for me would be Fluttershy, but there are lots of other possibilities as well...

(edited)

Well I do love roleplaying Twilight Sparkle, but what would we do together? 

3 hours ago, Silly Druid said:

I like the idea of dropping canon characters in an unusual situation and making them figure out what's going on.

There are many characters I can roleplay as, out of the mane six I think the best option for me would be Fluttershy, but there are lots of other possibilities as well...

So you're suggesting a situation where they don't realize what's happening at first? Hmm, what kinds of situations would that be? 

• Brohoof 1

52 minutes ago, Skylight Scintillate said:

So you're suggesting a situation where they don't realize what's happening at first? Hmm, what kinds of situations would that be? 

I don't have anything specific in mind, it could be one of the ideas you posted, like going to another time in history, or another culture. Or something strange happening in Equestria.

Btw if needed I can roleplay another member of the mane 6 besides Fluttershy, but not Applejack, because I can't do countryisms. And no Rainbow Dash, because I don't feel like I can do this kind of personality.

I've got it! What if we just do like a mane six explore different AUs as the roleplay? Like Twilight wants to broaden her horizons in terms of possibilities for friendship, so she collaborates with Starlight to have them send her and some of her friends to different possible AUs or something like that? What do you all think?

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
59 minutes ago, Skylight Scintillate said:

I've got it! What if we just do like a mane six explore different AUs as the roleplay? Like Twilight wants to broaden her horizons in terms of possibilities for friendship, so she collaborates with Starlight to have them send her and some of her friends to different possible AUs or something like that? What do you all think?

I like this idea. Of course a lot depends on what specific AUs you have in mind...

Edited by Silly Druid

(edited)
2 hours ago, Silly Druid said:

I like this idea. Of course a lot depends on what specific AUs you have in mind...

Well what kind of AUs do you want to do? Do you have any ideas in mind?

Or here’s another idea that could be kind of out there: what if the Mane Six end up getting swapped with each other? Or some to something unusual is going on with magic in Equestria?

• Brohoof 1

43 minutes ago, Skylight Scintillate said:

Well what kind of AUs do you want to do? Do you have any ideas in mind?

Well, maybe the different timelines in "The Cutie Re-Mark", or the "mirror universe" from the comics:

Spoiler

631566.jpg

(edited)
On 2024-01-22 at 2:45 PM, Silly Druid said:

Well, maybe the different timelines in "The Cutie Re-Mark", or the "mirror universe" from the comics:

Reveal hidden contents

631566.jpg

Yeah I think both of those could be cool. Let's go with something like that. Although I do have a question about the mirror universe from the comics. Would that mean that the mane six would run into the the mane six in the mirror universe? How would that work?

Hmm, what if we did a mirror verse with Sunset Shimmer? Or Trixie? Or Opaline? Or Cozy Glow?

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

So here's what I'm thinking. I assume that we're going for an adventure-type RP that's like the Mane Six being put in a unique situation. If so, I would assume that would mean that one of us would have to "run" the RP with an idea of everything going on in terms of the setting and such. And it sounds like we're all interested in doing a mirror verse idea. Which one should we do? What are we thinking?