Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Roleplaying Update

Sir Hugsalot

Greetings, everypony! :D

So, as most of You already know site is undergoing some changes. Today I come before You to announce ...

hears random explosion in the background

Silky, did You mix up wrong ingredients again?! :okiedokieloki:

Uh... nevermind that. ANYWAY! :laugh:

Today I come before You to announce RP section overhaul! I am excited for this one, so let's get right to it! :lookup:

1. RP rules are going through overhaul. Our previous guidelines were outdated and not touched for a long while. So, thanks to hard, dedicated work of @TBD and @Props Valroa now we  are going to have brand new, freshly baked guidelines, still smelling like the finest bread taken straight from the oven! New RP guidelines shall be published soon! 

2. RP section as whole is being remodeled. Sections will be edited, remade, everything so that roleplays and RP-related matters are easier to navigate through. I highly recommend checking it out! Special thanks to our RP team and to @Princess Silky for getting this done! Thank You, Silky for lovely new icons to adore our RP section! 

3. RP section will go through a cleanup. This means that every roleplay with last activity recorded 1 year ago or more is going to be archived. This first cleanup will be done automatically in a week from now. We understand that some people want their roleplays to remain visible, maybe they even consider restarting them. If You are one of said people, don't hesitate to reach out to our RP staff! All we need to bring Your RP back is just a request. 

And worry not - archived doesn't mean we will remove them. They're staying on the forums and are retrievable at any time! 

4. Cleanups will now happen on regular basis. On next cleanups (since they won't cover so many threads anymore...) thread maker shall be contacted by our friendly RP staff about the action and informed of what I've said before - that their archived thread can be brought back upon request. Bear in mind, however, that if thread will have no recorded activity after being brought back it may be archived again. 

And that will be all. I wish You all a wonderful day, stay amazing! Seeing everyone have fun on the forums is truly an inspiring sight. :coco:

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask! 

• Brohoof 7

9 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Will I still be able to look through the archived roleplays? Cuz I like to look back on the contributions I made

Archived roleplays will be retrievable upon request. However until they're retrieved they won't be accessible. 

• Brohoof 1

IMG_5853.gif.5f2a0a9394c17ba5697cbea0fad7ad18.gif
In other words, surrendering yourself to the RP or else :griiin:!

I've never been to the RP section so this doesn't affect me personally, but I suspect that this announcement will have some very interesting reactions from those who do frequent it. It's like an RPG where a character gets a promotion or receives a more powerful weapon.

• Brohoof 1

On 2023-05-21 at 9:19 PM, Hugs of Sir Manys said:

3. RP section will go through a cleanup. This means that every roleplay with last activity recorded 1 year ago or more is going to be archived. This first cleanup will be done automatically in a week from now. We understand that some people want their roleplays to remain visible, maybe they even consider restarting them. If You are one of said people, don't hesitate to reach out to our RP staff! All we need to bring Your RP back is just a request. 

Is this only roleplays themselves or does this also affect OOCs? mainly asking because I have active RPs where we haven't used the OOCs for like 5 years or so? :crackle:

On 2023-05-24 at 10:23 AM, Catpone Cerberus said:

Is this only roleplays themselves or does this also affect OOCs? mainly asking because I have active RPs where we haven't used the OOCs for like 5 years or so? :crackle:

That will be a topic of discussion when this change takes place.

• Brohoof 1

• The topic was unpinned