Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Vince McMahon has retired from WWE. Steps down from all positions in the company

Megas

(edited)

I know we have a Pro Wrestling thread but this news is just too big

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/vince-mcmahon-retirement-wwe-1235323378/

Vince McMahon announced that he is retiring from WWE amid the ongoing misconduct investigation being undertaken by the company’s board of directors.

“As I approach 77 years old, I feel it’s time for me to retire as Chairman and CEO of WWE,” McMahon said in a statement released by the sports entertainment company. “Throughout the years, it’s been a privilege to help WWE bring you joy, inspire you, thrill you, surprise you, and always entertain you. I would like to thank my family for mightily contributing to our success, and I would also like to thank all of our past and present Superstars and employees for their dedication and passion for our brand. Most importantly, I would like to thank our fans for allowing us into your homes every week and being your choice of entertainment. I hold the deepest appreciation and admiration for our generations of fans all over the world who have liked, currently like, and sometimes even love our form of Sports Entertainment.”

Stephanie and Nick Khan will be replacing him as Co-CEOs. Brock Lesnar has already walked out of Smackdown as soon as the news broke. People have already been saying this is a work but given the ramifications of this news I doubt this is the case

Gotta admit, I thought he was gonna be sticking with the company to his grave. Given some of the controversies he powered through in the past, I really wasn't expecting this

mcmahon-ear.gif

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 1

The one rule to remember about pro wrestling: No one ever really retires.

Vince will still be the one pulling strings from behind the curtain. There's no chance in hell of him sitting quietly at home, he's too much of a workaholic. This is just a move to get the heat off his back.

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Megas said:

Gotta admit, I thought he was gonna be sticking with the company to his grave.

Given some of the controversies he powered through in the past, I really wasn't expecting this

Whoa. So Vince isn't even around for backstage supervision anymore? 

*An audible sigh of relief can be heard from the Writer's Room at Titan Towers* 

• Brohoof 1

Sweet mother Theresa on the hood of a Mercedes Benz. It finally happened. 

But I'm a wrestling fan. Every bit of news is taken with a Masa Saito sized pinch of salt. Sure he's stepped down in an official capacity, but he's still a majority share holder. His word will still have some sway. So until he cashes out, I'm only cautiously optimistic for the future. 

• Brohoof 2

58 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

But I'm a wrestling fan. Every bit of news is taken with a Masa Saito sized pinch of salt. Sure he's stepped down in an official capacity, but he's still a majority share holder. His word will still have some sway. So until he cashes out, I'm only cautiously optimistic for the future. 

I don't think much will change since Stephanie McMahon might have the same vision for WWE's storylines etc. as her father does. 

11 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I don't think much will change since Stephanie McMahon might have the same vision for WWE's storylines etc. as her father does. 

You know how you're probably right? 

Stardust was her idea. 

• Brohoof 1

34 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

You know how you're probably right? 

Stardust was her idea. 

Cody Rhodes is "wished the best in his future endeavors"  in 3...2...:sealed:/:P