Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony drawing

Starset Twinkle

Damn!!! That's good drawing..... I knew you have skills In background and building design!

I for one needs more training on making buildings and trees and stuff...

You should go try what @Astral Soul suggested next for I too was thinking you should do that... I just wanted to see if you are inclined into background art which you clearly are.... 

Next thing you'd know you're making comics... 

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Kujamih said:

Damn!!! That's good drawing..... I knew you have skills In background and building design!

I for one needs more training on making buildings and trees and stuff...

You should go try what @Astral Soul suggested next for I too was thinking you should do that... I just wanted to see if you are inclined into background art which you clearly are.... 

Next thing you'd know you're making comics... 

Thanks so much!! That's really kind of you to say ^-^

(edited)

Alright, so today I spent a solid amount of time sketching and practicing some things, but I still wanted to do something quick I could post, so I made this! It took about 1 hour. This time I tried to include the outlines that you see around the ponies. Also, it was a chance to practice a foal which was different. pony5.thumb.jpg.5a706b6558a3c5e205ad8df2c02d6fb9.jpg

Edited by Starset Twinkle
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I got very inspired to do something harder today, so this time I used three different references and put them together in a scene (plus some minor alterations). This one took me about 4.25 hours as I'm still very slow. Octavia's cello & legs, Rara (Coloratura)'s tail and outfit, and making sure Sweetie Belle was around the right size were the hardest parts for me (along with small details here and there). This was also the first time I drew a pony standing and a pony facing directly at the point of view, so those were new challenges.

pony6.thumb.jpg.0f5b21848b2cc36fa407a96e5faea753.jpg

P.S. If you look closely, in the middle, you can see the ghost of Apple Bloom, maybe I should've skipped a page, hehe

• Brohoof 2

7 minutes ago, Starset Twinkle said:

I got very inspired to do something harder today, so this time I used three different references and put them together in a scene (plus some minor alterations). This one took me about 4.25 hours as I'm still very slow. Octavia's cello & legs, Rara (Coloratura)'s tail and outfit, and making sure Sweetie Belle was around the right size were the hardest parts for me (along with small details here and there). This was also the first time I drew a pony standing and a pony facing directly at the point of view, so those were new challenges.

pony6.thumb.jpg.0f5b21848b2cc36fa407a96e5faea753.jpg

that’s fantastic! you’re improving so fast, i’m impressed! great job, starset! :pinkie:

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, brony_bonk said:

that’s fantastic! you’re improving so fast, i’m impressed! great job, starset! :pinkie:

Thanks for the encouragement, I've really been swept up by this! I can't wait until I start making original things that I'm willing to show, but I still need much more practice!

• Brohoof 1

Today I didn't quite feel like doing a harder drawing, so I spent some time practicing bodies and stuff. Then I made some bonus ponies based on Star Wars characters for fun. They didn't take too long and aren't very detailed because I was just having some fun! Hope you like them, even if they're a little derpy!

image.thumb.jpeg.f36070ae110dc73c8b3508c76d5ee009.jpeg

• Brohoof 3

After taking a break for a day, I'm back with my next drawing! This is another one where I used references (for the bodies), but wasn't directly copying everything. It's not the most elaborate one I've done, but it was fun to come up with my own thing. If you have any suggestions for what you think I should do next, please let me know!

0007.thumb.jpg.a3696889a407e66b774a96a6e927975b.jpg

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I wanted to do another original today to stretch my creative muscles some more. Obviously could use a lot of improvement but I'm still pretty happy with it. This one took me about 2 hours (but some of that was just thinking what to do). I should practice drawing body shapes/poses more... Hope you like it!

image.thumb.jpeg.baeca908fd5c342a49bcc8b9a90c8d1a.jpeg

• Brohoof 3

Today I tried to do a more detailed face and little more 3-D. It was a good chance to practice my shading. I'm happy with it though, it's not the greatest proportions, poor Twilight looks a little derpy. Also, I know my shading could use a lot of work. This was based on a couple different references. It took me about 2.5 hours.

image.thumb.jpeg.922ce8cc47c1bfedf1af229c9068a6e8.jpeg

• Brohoof 2

Here's another practice recreation. I managed to do this one fairly quickly compared to my previous drawings (even if it is a little simpler). It only took me about an hour, so hooray, I'm getting faster. I love this Trixie pose, haha.

image.thumb.jpeg.45fac79cc04f8221c14e19fcee43d3b0.jpeg

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I practiced a bunch of forward-facing basic faces today. It was mostly to work on my shapes. I did make one detailed pony at the end of the practicing. She took about 1.5 hours (though some of it was spent brainstorming). I call her Electron Flux! :)

image.thumb.jpeg.11ccf87e25d79a3231d3c571d574f4ce.jpeg

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Phew! I just finished a long session of practicing! First, I practiced the forward-facing pose again, and tried to focus on getting faster at it. I did a bunch of sketches, then I made one detailed face which I managed to draw in around 30 minutes. It's not as nice as my last one since I was going a lot faster, but for that speed I'm happy with it. I didn't name the poor guy.

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.cf9dddfc9b2f85ac86bb28a9537982ad.jpeg

After that I started to work on the face in profile. Like the previous pose, I did a few practice sketches and then worked on a detailed drawing. However, I worked much slower on this since I hadn't practiced it yet. She took me about 2.5 hours to do (mostly because I made the head so large >.<). I was quite happy with how she came out though. I hope you like her too!

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.3af4c2d592c3daee2161da003a64af0a.jpeg

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow, I like to see your progress! I love drawing, which is the most interesting hobby ever. Moreover, it calms me down very well. I feel like I'm in another world when drawing. I think you lack some space perspective (like feeling the object's volume and showing it with the help of the right construction, shades, and lights). However, I think you'll manage to reach perfection in it! You have to move here and work a lot. You can also get creative ideas and tips from here photolamus.com, which helped me a lot to start drawing.

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-08-15 at 10:03 AM, Starset Twinkle said:

Here's another practice recreation. I managed to do this one fairly quickly compared to my previous drawings (even if it is a little simpler). It only took me about an hour, so hooray, I'm getting faster. I love this Trixie pose, haha.

image.thumb.jpeg.45fac79cc04f8221c14e19fcee43d3b0.jpeg

This one's a good one!

• Brohoof 2

On 2022-10-19 at 8:17 PM, Stellar Snow said:

Wow! You can do the artstyle better than me! I mainly stick to my own style! :P 

Ooh! If you didn't come up with a name for the fire pony yet, I have a suggestion!  Rocket-Fire! :D 

Thank you! :) I shall name the pony Rocket-Fire then! :P

On 2022-11-23 at 1:26 PM, VesyMesca said:

Wow, I like to see your progress! I love drawing, which is the most interesting hobby ever. Moreover, it calms me down very well. I feel like I'm in another world when drawing. I think you lack some space perspective (like feeling the object's volume and showing it with the help of the right construction, shades, and lights). However, I think you'll manage to reach perfection in it! You have to move here and work a lot. You can also get creative ideas and tips from here photolamus.com, which helped me a lot to start drawing.

Thanks for the advice. I agree, spatial perspective is one of my biggest weak points. I've recently been distracted, but I'll try to get back to it soon. :)

On 2022-11-23 at 3:13 PM, Kujamih said:

This one's a good one!

Thanks for the compliment! :D

• Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...

Whew just foind this thread and oh boi! How inspiring and incredibly wholesome was to read! 

You got better quickly as you heard suggestions! I honestly love to see this passion and inspiration between the drawings, it really shows the care you have when making them! 

Also super bonus for you since i cannot draw backgrounds :")

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
On 2023-07-28 at 2:34 AM, Sofithecat said:

Whew just foind this thread and oh boi! How inspiring and incredibly wholesome was to read! 

You got better quickly as you heard suggestions! I honestly love to see this passion and inspiration between the drawings, it really shows the care you have when making them! 

Also super bonus for you since i cannot draw backgrounds :")

Thank you for the kind words :) I should definitely get back into drawing some more >.<

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

• 4 weeks later...