Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So with Sunny Starscout not just being born an Earth Pony but carrying out her life as one 3.5/4 the time, why haven't we seen her make any plants? Is it because she is technically an alicorn who is going to evolve into being a full time alicorn like maybe not all the magic is even returned yet, and when it does she'll be like Twilight and transform into an alicorn...?(with this being said it would not make sense to me if alicorns couldn't use earth pony magic.)

On another note it doesn't seem like Sunny really uses her alicorn horn that much rather just her magical wings, sooo, what magic powers does Sunny really have? and with that brings up a question I could possibly make a separate thread for... 

This, the final note, so it's suggested that flying is a magical component for pegasi in gen. 5, so this is what the pegasi get? I really don't think they will explore giving pegasi any more nd of magic as they no longer control the weather anymore, that's just been left to itself for Twilight knows how long at this point... Anyways I love sunny want to see her triumph, don't want it to be corny but I also want it to make sense ...

Edited by KingCorvus
  • Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to What is Sunnys magic...??
On 2022-09-17 at 4:12 PM, KingCorvus said:

Is it because she is technically an alicorn who is going to evolve into being a full time alicorn like maybe not all the magic is even returned yet, and when it does she'll be like Twilight and transform into an alicorn...? (with this being said it would not make sense to me if alicorns couldn't use earth pony magic.)

Woow you really want to explode my brain with these theories! I don't know, but... I doubt the writers have amazing ideas like yours, just because two reasons: 1. As we can saw in the new gen (MYM animation and recently told stories), they are too lazy to add deepness to the lore, thus, they make a lot of plot holes. 2. The G5 is not as serious as G4 SO FAR, in my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Orchid_Fiore said:

Woow you really want to explode my brain with these theories! I don't know, but... I doubt the writers have amazing ideas like yours, just because two reasons: 1. As we can saw in the new gen (MYM animation and recently told stories), they are too lazy to add deepness to the lore, thus, they make a lot of plot holes. 2. The G5 is not as serious as G4 SO FAR, in my opinion.

It's unfortunate bc I'm extremely invested in Sunny Starscout, I have so much I want to know about her family history, I want to see what she can really do with her magic besides fly with magic wings.. idk, then there are the events of Starscout Code which you know seemed to significant especially for a 5 minute short to completely ignore/discard, it was the only short with a story and it even let us see Argyle, I think and I said this the other day to a buddy of mine on the forums, that it is possible, that Earth ponies may have had dormant magic all along but it was just dormant and they couldn't use it, maybe all of the ponies descended from alicorns originally and all had specific kinds of magic, and when they descended from the stars into Equestria, they all had different roles, and lifestyles, and eventually this lead to the "evolution" of three completely different pony species, Earth Pony, Unicorn and Pegasi, and over time they lost the ability to do certain things and then they overcompensated by becoming so great or invested in specific talents that they lost the ability to do other things and become more one dimensional... This theory helps explain the natural birth of an alicorn to me, that the gene was just dormant, but with the right mix of ponies,(assuming one is an alicorn) they can give birth to a natural born alicorn..

BUT anyways, you're right I think that MyM will probably be somewhat predictable, Hasbro has really geared this towards all audiences starting fresh and isn't in the business of fan service at this time, it's like a matter of like it or love it to them, but if you're a faithful that hates it, you aren't going to be part of the MLP gen.5 era, I will admit it was drawn to MLP by friendship is magic, I have not watched g.1-3, but now that I am here(have been and always will be lol), I really love some of the things they are doing in gen.5 I just don't think it's necessarily being done the right way, the animation style and production value that goes into it inherently complicates the Canon/lore even, of Equestria, bc they are limited as to all of what they can create in that render... I mean sparky is cringe as hell, but I think I may warm up to him, but he makes me not want to "imagine dragons", or Griffons, or Changelings, or god help us Discord...but as far as CUTE goes, I'm going to go overboard on Sunny Starscout, I've seen the future and she has a place in it, but just the MyM debut, it's not going to be the tell all for gen.5s future they will have a lot of time to reflect after this season runs it's course, and we aren't dumping these characters off that quickly.. "the worst of messes become successes" haha, she has to fall and get up again, just like her character in New Gen lol

• Brohoof 2