Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general questions Notifications only for status updates

Cash In
Go to solution Solved by Twilight Sparkle ✨,

I want to be notified when the users I'm following post status updates, but only just status updates. I remember that used to be an option, but I can't seem to figure it out now. I've poked around the notification settings and there aren't any specific options for that. There's an option for posts, but I've tried that before and that notifies me for any posts those users make, not just updates. Is there any way to do this?

Capture.thumb.PNG.dbcbff3d7e91ec8d83cffb80efbc005c.PNG

Thanks. :)

• Brohoof 2

I think I figured this out. There isn't a direct way of doing this but I found a way to do it through the magic of activity streams. I set up two streams: one for your followed users' statuses, one for your friends' statuses. You can find them in the navbar:

image.png

Then once you're viewing a stream, you can enable email notifications for that stream:

image.png

Is this what you're looking for, @Cash In?

Aside: Activity streams are super powerful and you can create your own to keep up with any kind of content on MLPF you like. :)

• Brohoof 2

Woo! I'm glad this works.

Feel free to tinker with making your own streams to customize a feed of exactly what you want for other kinds of content, too. I believe you can even share your streams with other users. This is probably one of our software's most underrated features and I'm happy we found another use for it!

Maybe this is why IPS got rid of that original notification setting...

For some additional context, @Rikifive posted some fantastic notes on this status update about what the old behaviour used to be, complete with screenshots.

• Brohoof 1