Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Most satisfying noise(s) to you

14Fan

A thread where we can share oddly satisfying noises we like. For me it’s race cars flying by and/or on the track and trains passing by. Those are noises that I find oddly satisfying and somewhat calming after a while 

• Brohoof 2

I like the noise some citrus foods make when they're getting squished. Like oranges and lemons.

Fan hums, electrical hums, especially the latter are oddly satisfying to me.

Also really long reverb tails and echoes.

• Brohoof 1

Yep, echos and the Doppler effect are some of my favs too. The Doppler effect is what makes cars/trains flying by so nice for me to listen to. And forgot about fighter jets. Not exactly satisfying but just so cool or should I say, bad@$$! The SOUND OF FREEDOM RINGING IN MY EARS!

• Brohoof 1

I also just thought of leaves on the ground during fall/autumn. Crunch cronch. Just like puddles when they go splish splash :coco:

Oh and also marbles when they hit each other and make a clacking noise.

• Brohoof 1

I love the creaking of steel, like what you expect on a ship or something. There's this heavy gate you have to open for the dumpsters at my first ever job and they would make it. That plus getting to step out into the cool night air for 5 minutes made it really enjoyable. I was a server's assistant at a restaurant.

Another is far off fireworks. I have a "blast" on the 4th, but when it's time to wind down, I also tend to sleep like a baby. No idea why but I find the oomphs and booms relaxing when dampened by the distance. I'm sure that would change under less privileged circumstances given the source of those explosions. :lie:

13 hours ago, 14Fan said:

And forgot about fighter jets. Not exactly satisfying but just so cool or should I say, bad@$$! The SOUND OF FREEDOM RINGING IN MY EARS!

Gives me goosebumps! :love:

• Brohoof 1