Make Your Mark Chapter 6 Discussion

Misty Shadow

4 hours ago, Rafa Stary said:

Yeah that must've disappointed a lot of fans, but I was already expecting that she wasn't going to appear, after all, Hasbro's contract with Discovery Family probably prevents them from using a lot of characters from G4, specially from the latter 5 Seasons, with Starlight being one of them :yeahno:

?What do you mean contract with discovery family? I thought Hasbro Studio is in full charge of producing the episodes and Discovery.family is just a publisher. So apparently Starlight and all the other new characters after S4 was designed.by Discocery Family?.

13 minutes ago, ThomasJtF said:

?What do you mean contract with discovery family? I thought Hasbro Studio is in full charge of producing the episodes and Discovery.family is just a publisher. So apparently Starlight and all the other new characters after S4 was designed.by Discocery Family?.

No, Hasbro still made everything, but Discovery Family still owns the rights to these characters and the FiM show until March 2025, due to the contract and the airing in their channel, Hasbro needs to pay Diacovery Family everytime they use G4 characters. It's in animated format only though, that's why the G5 comics could make heavier connections to G4, and even bring back some characters and locations that the animated productions couldn't show.

There is a lot of speculation about it though, but the contract is real.

14 minutes ago, Rafa Stary said:

No, Hasbro still made everything, but Discovery Family still owns the rights to these characters and the FiM show until March 2025, due to the contract and the airing in their channel, Hasbro needs to pay Diacovery Family everytime they use G4 characters. It's in animated format only though, that's why the G5 comics could make heavier connections to G4, and even bring back some characters and locations that the animated productions couldn't show.

There is a lot of speculation about it though, but the contract is real.

Wow, i've never heard of these things. Thanks for sharing.

Looks like oceans and boarders really blocks things.

On 2024-08-08 at 4:40 PM, ThomasJtF said:

But it still dissapointed me because i expected that our grrrrrreat and powerful Starrrrrrrlight would return in the last episode. :worry:

I like that Starlight Glimmer wasn't in Secrets of Starlight. Incorporating her into the story just wouldn't have worked because it's about building a new part of the world and establishing new characters. Where does an old character from G4 fit into that? 

• smile 1