Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Make Your Mark Chapter 6 Discussion

Misty Shadow

What did you guys feel about the latest chapter of Make Your Mark? :PIPPIPHURRAY: I know it was kind of weird with it coming out on Thanksgiving when every pony was busy, but I was able to watch everything early yesterday and even already have my full review of it (major spoilers in it, so read at your discretion) written. 

https://www.deviantart.com/mistybrightshadow/art/Make-Your-Mark-Chapter-6-Review-996798944

Just like with the last two chapters, I absolutely loved it, that shouldn't surprise you. I legitimately think this chapter's two-parter is the best episode of the entire series, even better than Missing the Mark. Secrets of Starlight is awesome, even though it is in no way something that I could consider a finale. Despite everything that was circulating regarding MYM ending, G5's most accurate leaker shared this with us...

aHR0cHM6Ly9tZWRpYS5kaXNjb3JkYXBwLm5ldC9hdHRhY2htZW50cy84NjExNDY5MjU1MTI1MjM4MTkvMTE3NzQ5MTkyNjczNjQ1NzgxOS9pbWFnZTAuanBnP2V4PTY1NzJiM2QwJmlzPTY1NjAzZWQwJmhtPTdkODlhYzI5MzQ1NjYzMTU1YWEwNGYwZmU4ZWQ4MDY3NjJlOWYxM2VlMjAwYmYwZWUxOWFhNTU3ZGNkMGYxNDkm

I always speculated that they could go with a continuation in the form of a follow-up show, but regardless, I feel it's best to judge this chapter on its own merits as opposed to judging it as a finale.  

• Brohoof 7
  • smile 1

Spoiler

ALLURA IS SO CUTE! I WANNA HUG HER!  :pinkie:

Also, she doesn't sound terrifying because her friend is named "Twitch" which means she's a gamer. :P

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 5
  • smile 1

MYM started getting good at chapter 4, and it gets even better with every new one. I liked chapter 6 a lot, it has some interesting lore, emotional moments, and is very enjoyable to watch.

14 minutes ago, Misty Shadow said:

Secrets of Starlight is awesome, even though it is in no way something that I could consider a finale.

That's true, "Roots of All Evil" is more like a finale, while "Secrets of Starlight" is the beginning of something new...

Edited by Silly Druid
  • Brohoof 6

My favorite chapter, the animation improved a lot since the first special last year. I enjoyed it a lot and wouldn't mind to see it continued. 

Spoiler

The first episode was mediocre IMO however it did its work for the 2 parter. Interesting that skyros (the alicorn land) is a thing in this generation, and opaline was banished from there. Spikes voice kinda sounded like flutterguy (maybe its just me). 

The whole fight with Opaline was done well, it had suspense, the main characters all had a chance to shine against Opaline but working independently failed, the action sequances were great and I think her her defeat felt satisfying (even though perhaps a bit rushed, but nothing major compared to G4). Many things connected here, some things perhaps were a bit forced (like spike can now telleport many living beings with his fire, while they are far away from him... a bit too far if you ask me) and not all hit the mark but I really enjoyed those episodes. All things considered I think Opaline was a pretty good villain, she never understood how friendship worked and always restored to use force and manipulation while not feeling even a bit of guilt (perhaps a sociopath or psychopath) or remorse. Her defeat was pretty brutal, is she still conscience? Is she part of the tree now? I am not 100% sure we won't see her again. 

The special was also good, although I do wish they took (at least in universe) a breather, they just beat Opaline and instantly they go again :double-shock:. Again some moments of "well, this is convenient" (like the portal opens again just when they are about to leave), however the plot with the auroricorns was solid. It was kind of a mix between the crystal empire and the cutie map, with allura being the tyrant. These unicorn designes are great, they are sort of the unicorn version of the crystal ponies. Allura was entertaining, maybe its just because I like cats but she is one of my favorite characters in G5 so far, although obviously her story is far from over. As for that mysterious brother of hers, I think he will be the next big bad and not her, she might get reformed (for the better and for the worst).  

Non of the songs really stood out to me, although the one they sang while defeating Opaline and the one of the auroricorns were pretty good. I still think Izzy's fit right in from the movie is the best song in G5.

• Brohoof 3

49 minutes ago, Rushing cash said:

My favorite chapter, the animation improved a lot since the first special last year. I enjoyed it a lot and wouldn't mind to see it continued. 

Hide contents

The first episode was mediocre IMO however it did its work for the 2 parter. Interesting that skyros (the alicorn land) is a thing in this generation, and opaline was banished from there. Spikes voice kinda sounded like flutterguy (maybe its just me). 

Spoiler

Well, he’s definitely a black dude, just like the two Flutterguys :mlp_icwudt:. Unlikely as the dub is Ontario-based, but it’s not impossible either. Ana Sani did voice a G4.5 character before Silly Izzy, and she and Bahia Watson voice Strawberry Shortcake in the Big City alongside Vancouver VAs, most of them G4 horses after all :huh:

• Brohoof 4

Spoiler

I loved the inclusion of Spike in the series. Spike is wise and the dragons are less greedy and embrace friendship. It is confirmed that magic disappeared after Opaline was defeated and Twilight did not just simply take magic away to stop ponies from fighting, instead it was a last ditch life saving effort by Twilight which I love! 

• Hugs 1

I went in expecting to hate it, but was pleasantly surprised.  The Spike stuff is definitely the lowest point, but at least it provides more evidence that G5 is set in an alternate universe, or at least an alternate timeline, so I'm ok with that.  It's all uphill from there though.  I don't think the events of Chapter 6 are Shakespeare by any stretch, and there is a lot that's paint by numbers (good call on not making Sparky a direct descendant of Spike though), but it's fine IMHO.  I guess that whole subplot of Misty allegedly going back to Opaline to play double agent, with her friends going "gasp, no Misty, you can't" went nowhere and could have easily just been cut.  Oh well, I suppose.  

Some songs are recycled, but that's par for the course for this series.  At least the songs are generally at least slightly more memorable than is usual for this generation and Opaline even gets a second song (even if it's a little too similar to the first for my liking, and is still shallow from a lyrical standpoint).  The harmonies aren't bad this time, perhaps because the Mane Six aren't singing alone, and tend to either be accompanied by more voices, or in the case of Izzy and her song, able to sing alone (and the character song is indeed something I wish G5 did more of).  

Interesting gender swap of the trope where the lone female of the group falls first and her male comrades commiserate over her failure, only to subsequently fall later.  I don't know if that's an intentional use of the trope with Hitch being taken out first, or if I'm giving G5 too much credit, since it's not exactly known for being particularly clever with its writing.  Still, it's an interesting observation nonetheless.  

Some might think the resolution came a bit too quickly, but that's similar to how it is in FiM.  The only thing that's different here is that this villain showdown had a whole season of buildup behind it that has lasted a good couple years, which...kind of set it up for failure to live up to said hype no matter what was written or the sequence of events that transpired.  As it stands, I think it's fine, completely ignoring the TYT recap spoiling things.  Also, interesting Rescue at Midnight Castle reference.  If G5 is clever enough to make these kinds of references, it baffles me all the more why it couldn't just be more creative in how it references G4, instead of trying (and I'd argue, failing) to shove a square peg into a round hole to try and make it fit in the same universe.  

As for The Secrets of Starlight, it reminds me of both The Cutie Map, and one-offs like the Rainbow Roadtrip special.  Perhaps it's not quite as good as that, but it's similar enough, and it works fine for what it is.  I think traveling around, exploring new locations and meeting new characters can be a decent new direction for the series.  Sure, it will act as a smoke screen for the lack of character development on the part of most of the Mane Six (or maybe Mane Seven now?), and doesn't indicate much confidence in everyday life in Maretime Bay being interesting enough to sustain a series on its own, but hey, it would be a decent enough distraction from all that, and possibly entertaining enough in its own right that I don't have to care. 

As for Allura being a new recurring villain, well, I guess that's indicative of the kind of series G5 is, now isn't it?  Here's hoping we can finally put the notion that G5 is more slice of life than G4 to rest, permanently.  Oh, and if that's the end of G4 references, that's a W I'll gladly take, as that just means we can now just focus on the world and characters of G5, and appreciate it for G5, as opposed to trying to make it G4 Part II, finally putting an end to something I don't actually believe has ever done G5 any favours.  

Is Comet a new member of the group?  I'd be ok with it.  If the point of this new generation is to push a mixed-gendered group, I'm all for having another male around.  Plus, the way this series tends to work, new characters tend to get more focus, and more character development, making them more interesting than most of the existing members of the group.  I'm sure Misty's character development will dry up now, so Comet has the potential to be Season 2's Misty, minus the lengthy dance Misty went through of building up to joining the group.  

The series going down to just the 2D show might also be a good thing from a story standpoint, given the number of corners clearly cut to avoid having to animate certain things in 3D.  I heard there are four longer specials planned, so it won't just be five minute shorts.  Still, if it's mostly going to be told through shorts, that might be a bit problematic for any ongoing plot reaching its true potential, but I think the first season more or less made more serious storyline stuff work in shorts when necessary.  It's just 100% needed to sustain the plot now, since MYM isn't around for that anymore.  

All in all...I'm going to be cautiously optimistic, but I think I might end up liking the next season of G5 more than the first.  We will see though.  

3 hours ago, Rafa Stary said:

Can I see the leaker's history?

Anyone who knows about G5 leakers knows about mdash, given that mdash is the most prominent G5 leaker who got every MYM chapter release date right and has only ever shared information about upcoming G5 content that has turned out to be true (unless you count the Secrets of Starlight joke :P). 

• Brohoof 1

This has been a thing since chapter 5, but shortly after Opaline’s together tree opened a portal to presumably an entirely new world, made me realize the Together Trees and their portals is a left over of a leaked G5 story concept  of each pony species were going to be separated in different worlds, and they would be only be able to interact with a tree inspired by Yggdrasil :grin:

Spoiler

THEY HAVE NO EXCUSE NOW. GIVE. ME. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATS  :Cozy:

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 3

The only reference to G4 I can expect to see in this new arc for now is if they plan on making Twitch some sort of a callback to Angel, I really had this feeling while seeing his interaction with Allura

Also, these three characters actually, Twitch, Allura and her brother, they kind of remind me of Tempest, Grubber and Storm King, maybe what Rushing Cast said is right, Allura is going to be the main threat durign the story and her brother will be the final boss, with her betraying him, I think that's where they want to go.

• Brohoof 2

• The topic was pinned

I finally got to it!

The Isle of Scaly

Spike's back. :blink: And naturally with convenient memory loss. It makes me sad, thinking about the ponies who are dead though. :(

I don't really like the design of the dragons, how they don't have hand-claws anymore but weird elephant feet and how they all have the same basic hairstyle(and have hair at all).

Also I would think Spike would be a lot bigger considering his age.

Roots of All Evil

Opaline's been the mane villain for a long time but I still miss her and was hoping for more about alicorns. But it was a great episode. The show's really started to focus on Misty a lot and I like that but I thought Sunny was a little underpowered and didn't do a lot here.

Secrets of Starlight

Good new villains. When I saw them I was thinking Allura was just the muscle and Twitch was the mastermind. He seems a lot more intimidating than her. Allura reminds me a lot of a jacuin from Elena of Avalor.

image.jpeg.22539734728c5013d23d3a385b9654e4.jpeg

I'm not sure about the auroracorns. Do we really need another type of pony at this point? I think you'd have to say magic has evolved and changed a lot in the time since FIM, even to the point of creating new types of ponies.

I'd say Starlight Ridge is the current version of the Crystal Empire. I hope so anyway. I like any connections between G5 with FIM. And I wonder if it has anything to do with Starlight Glimmer. That's really tenuous but hey, possible.

• Brohoof 1

This chapter was rough in my opinion. I thought things were really improving with the last two chapters, but here things went back to being really messy. I have a lot to say about this chapter, but I might as well start with the positives first.

I like how this chapter has some exciting scenes sprinkled throughout. It's not G4's action scenes, but still somewhat fun. Along with that, this chapter does actually move the story forward a decent bit. The dragon characters had some interesting personalities. The new location is a nice addition to this generation's lackluster setting. The auroracorns are neat new pony type (though I'd rather get some of the G4 ones like bat ponies or kirin). Lastly, Allura is a more interesting villain than Opaline was. 

Now for the negatives. Starting with The Isle of Scaly, this episode was just a big mess. Right off the bat, I noticed how big of a step-down this was for Pipp's character. Just when she was really making some big improvements, she goes back to being an insufferable social media addict. I'm not sure if she contributed a single thing to the group in this episode. The new design for dragons' look more like dragon-pony hybrids than actual dragons. Not only does this look weird, but it's very different from what they looked like in gen 4. That also goes for spike, who doesn't even really seem like his G4 version. All the new lore this episode, along with the other episodes this chapter) introduces is more confusing than anything else. If this is to be believed as a sequel to G4, then Twilight must have been a very incompetent leader to lose to Opaline of all villains. 

Moving on to The Roots of all Evil, this was a little better, but not by much. The first big thing that stood out to me was just how helpless all the ponies were. I guess they have to continue the MLP tradition of having guards be useless. This was a little better when it became the main characters turn to fight. Hitch finally did something by using his overpowered earth pony magic to go against Opaline. Izzy and the ponies of Bridlewood managed to put up a decent fight against her. Sunny had another alicorn fight like in Missing the Mark, and even Misty was able to trick her in the garden. Pipp and Zipp's plan was pretty bad though. For some reason they thought that singing a song and throwing a curtain over opaline would be enough to stop her. It would have been much better if Zipp got the chance to show off her flying skills in combat, but instead we just get some random song. Speaking of the music, none of the music this chapter really left me impressed. It's pretty much all just generic pop songs without much to set them apart from each other. Also, the way that opaline was defeated just seems like lazy writing.

That's not all however, because there is the Secrets of Starlight special after that. I'd probably say this is the best of the chapter, but it still has its share of flaws. First off, it seems a bit early to already be introducing the generation's next big villain. This is especially odd when you consider that there might not even be any more 3D G5. Is she just there for TYT season 2?  Next, I have to mention that the characters in this special are constantly making stupid decisions. For instance, Allura somehow falls for the obviously fake portal. Another example is how the main characters don't even think to close off the portal after walking through. Another thing is that this special has a somewhat lazy ending, just like the prior episode. Apparently the magical snow that was everywhere was all the ponies needed to override Allura's magic. When it comes to G5, as soon as there seems like some actually stakes, some random deus ex machina happens. That makes it really difficult to feel any tension this show could've had.

One last thing I want to mention is the continuity. At this point, G5 has to be an alternate universe, because nothing makes sense. To be honest, it's kind of a relief. Any chance that this actually took place after G4 has been shot down thanks to poor writing and world-building, so I can just see this as being a totally separate thing. This generation should've been a separate universe to begin with, so I'm fine with that.

To conclude this lengthy post, I'll state just how much of a let down G5 has been. The Movie gave the generation a lot of potential, but so much of that was just wasted. What we ended up getting was a mixed bag of a Netflix series with MYM, and a bunch of fast-paced five minute episodes with cheap animation in TYT. To be honest though, I think I'm just tired of G5 at this point. If you still like this generation and what it has to offer, that's fine. I just don't see the point in watching this anymore.

I am a huge fan of MLP FIM and the New Generation movie gave me a sense of optimism for the new show.
But with every chapter I've become more annoyed and dismayed and chapter 6 really ground my gears. It was the worst yet and it has RUINED Make your Mark for me!

Dragons have 4 legs now instead of 2?! It's bad enough they thought they could just make that change but they put them in the same show with a 2 legged dragon?! Plus they have cutie marks and all kinds of magic now?! But on the other hand, FIM never explained how Spike could do that thing with scrolls.
Speaking of Spike, how is he the dragon lord?! What happened to Ember?!
You want to put spike in the new show? Fine, it's already been established they live much longer then ponies.
You want to put him in a position of leadership as well? Here's how they could have done it AND remained consistent with FIM. They go to the dragon lands, they are introduced to the dragon lord EMBER, she sees they have pony guests and calls over her HUSBAND Spike. And why not? Spike could say he and Ember became more then friends after he finally accepted he and Rarity would never be more then friends. And Applegeek shipped these dragons as soon as he saw them.

Oh and allicorns have their own city now, they're one of the pony kinds?! It is CLEARLY established that NO ONE (except Flurryheart) is born an alicorn. Now it's implied they are! Which is bad enough but AGIAN they put Opaline next to a more traditional alicorn like Sunny!

One of the things I loved about FIM is how well it kept track of it's own continuity and always respected it. THIS show disrespects it time and time again! And I haven't even covered the numerous problems and continuity errors from chapters 1-5!
Writers, if you wanted to pander to fans why didn't you remain loyal to FIM? If you were concerned with people who'd never seen FIM or wanted to rework all these things why didn't you just reboot the show altogether and spare us FIM fans this drawn-out plane crash? When you adopted this show you did an even worse job then when Disney adopted Star Wars from Lucas. New Star Wars was an abomination to the fanbase and was done with no higher ambition then to make money out of nostalgia. But even Disney knew better then to reinvent the anatomy, physiology and even appearance of it's established species!

And there are so many unanswered questions. What happened to Twilight, Celestia, Luna, Cadence and Flurryheart? How was the real history of Equestria lost? What happened to Ponyville, Canterlot and the Tree of Harmony? What is the hope lantern and how did it create the Marestream?

Part of me wishes this show had never been made. Another part wants to circle a petition demanding the whole series be re-made. But I fear they'll only cancel it altogether instead.

In recent years we've seen our old favourite franchises, Ghostbusters, Jurassic Park, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, brought back by people who somehow thought they were pandering to fans when they were really just wrecking it for us! Now they're doing it with more recent ones too!

I remember a time when there were no streaming services or any internet to speak of. If you wanted to watch a show, you had to wait a week for it to be broadcast. And only IF it was on one of your TV's five channels. As for home video, it was rare you could have an entire series at your beck and call as, for the most part, studios only released tapes with random episodes and only 4 or 5 per tape. And of course the animation was more time consuming as it was either cell or stop-frame.
In this day and age, technology has enabled us to create media easier, faster, cheaper, of greater quality and make it more accessible then any other time in history.  But it seems the gift of modern media is misused by those who think they can make as little effort as possible, do whatever they want, pursue nothing but the almighty $ and people will still watch it.
And perhaps the worst part is people do watch and somehow enjoy this show. It's like Hollywood makes money out of everything now matter HOW bad it is.

And for a more complete and in depth look at how bad the series is, take a look at these reviews...

• Brohoof 1

I'll point out that I have watched Dr. Wolf's review of MYM Chapter 6 in full. I wasn't impressed, he acted like Opaline "lost her complexity" because of a song despite the fact that this is the same franchise that has villains like the Evil 3 singing a song like A Better Way to Be Bad, completely missed the point of Spike being in the story with him serving as proof of how there can be unity between ponies and dragons, being the one who gives Sparky access to the Dragon Stone, and being the one who gets Sunny and the dragons out of Opaline's castle safely, and tried to frame the storytelling and pacing of Secrets of Starlight as "all over the place" despite the fact that everything was built up to, including the healing powers of the snow, something directly explained ahead of time

Don't buy what I'm saying? This is all right there for you to see in the show. The G5 analyst community just doesn't want to see anything contradicting their narrative, Celestia forbid we watch something for what it is and judge it on its own merits. :maud:

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Misty Shadow said:

Don't buy what I'm saying? This is all right there for you to see in the show.

:maud:

If this is about what I said on your post at DevieantArt, I still stand by what I and Dr Wolf said. It in NOT "all right there"

I complained that G5 had Twilight in her normal form as opposed to the Celestia sized form she had in the final episode, after which G5 is set. You said Luna changed her form when she became Nighmaremoon so Twilight could have done the same thing. But Luna used her magic to transform herself into a more powerful version once, that doesn't mean alicorns are shapeshifters or changelings.

I complained that alicorns are made not born and the show was changing that to say that had always been born. You said that the journal of the two sisters sated that alicorns were born. But The Crystalling episode CLEARLY says that it was something that had never happened and a big mystery. So if there was some dispute by the writers on this issue I'd say it's been seald now.

I complained there were so many continuity errors and lore tampering. You said there were continuity errors and lore tampering in G4 so we should let them do it. Well on seccon thought there were one or two errors in G4 but that DOESN'T mean it's ok for these new writers to make whatever they want now. 

The G5 analyst community just doesn't want to see anything contradicting their narrative,

Well if that's true then the G5 analyst community must be very close/narrow minded. If you refuse to consider or even hear any negative opinions anyone else might have.

3 hours ago, Misty Shadow said:

Celestia forbid we watch something for what it is and judge it on its own merits. :maud:

Well I am not one of those people who just "enjoys the ride" when it comes to their entertainment. If I were I would have had no problem with Pacific Rim.

And I can't help but compare it to G4 because they're not entirely separate shows. If G5 had been a reboot, I'd have no problem with the dragon redesign. But it is NOT, it is a CONTINUATION, like the Last Airbender and Legend of Korra or Star Trek and Star Trek: The Next Generation. It's ok to add some new elements to the lore and expand upon the world and magic systems. And if there have been a few changes to the status quo you can infer what happened without a direct explanation for everything. Like how Zuko's daughter is now Fire Lord or the new uniforms in The Next Generation. I don't need the show to give me an explanation, I can infer what happened myself. But the changes and differences in G5 are just too BIG to swallow without explanation. And even if there were an explanation I doubt it would be a good one.

You said we could infer what happened to the dragons between G4 and 5 and that meant nothing was amiss. But it's not that the writers left it up to us to work out what obviously happened, they didn't say anything because it's not THERE! There is no reason the dragons have 4 legs now, they just went ahead and did it without a care and thinking we wouldn't care.

You know, I've been a big fan of G4 for years, it's only recently that I joined the online MLP community. And the first post I make I get hammered because I object to the workmanship of the new show. Celestia forbid I have any problems at all with this continuation, be baffled at how other fan are so accepting of it or express a negative opinion in a thread that asks "What did you think of chapter 6"

On 2023-12-08 at 8:11 AM, EccentricGentleman said:

Celestia forbid I have any problems at all with this continuation, be baffled at how other fan are so accepting of it or express a negative opinion in a thread that asks "What did you think of chapter 6"

All comments about Chapter 6 are welcomed here, good and bad. However, you are deviating from the topic at hand. You don't have to type a whole essay beating a dead horse, bringing up an offsite discussion, and bringing up things that have nothing to do with Chapter 6 just because I didn't like an MLP reviewer's take on Chapter 6. If what I pointed out isn't right there for you to see in the show, then did Spike not teleport Sparky to the Dragon Stone? Did Spike not get Sunny and the dragons to safety by teleporting them outside of Opaline's castle? Did Violet Frost not explain the healing properties of the snow ahead of time? Everything I listed happened in the show, that's a fact. Comments from people like me are as welcome as yours, so people explaining why they don't embrace negativity for this chapter while backing up their arguments for liking it with examples from it is something you're going to have to learn to accept. 

• Hugs 1

• 1 month later...

I just finished the two part episode Root of all evil. It basically felt like a good climatic final though not as good a generation 4.

I intend to watch the very last episode tomorrow but not as good as the original generation yeah 4 but it was still a fun ride yeah

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Personally I was really satisfied with Chapter 6's ending. The new generation started off with Opaline having ruined everything and ponykind being divided, but now Opaline is defeated, and everything is back to the way it was before Equestria fell. I couldn't be more happy with the position this generation of MLP is in now. It can only get better from here, and I look forward to what G5 has in store for me. Like, because of everything Twilight and the rest of the Mane Six did getting ruined, at the beginning of this generation, I didn't like where it was going, but now I'm happy with it and I really love it. 

On 2023-11-24 at 8:24 PM, CastletonSnob said:

I hope we get more 3D G5. If TYT is the only G5 show from now on, I'm done with G5.

As opposed to me who's more old-fashioned and would like to see some more traditional 2D animation. Eh, to each his own. Personally I'd prefer a 2D TV show (if there will be one), but a 3D TV show would be cool to me too I guess. Like, as long as it's MLP I'll enjoy it. Completely respect your opinion on this. I guess we'll all see what's in the future for G5.

Edited by Princess Sunny
  • Brohoof 2

13 hours ago, Princess Sunny said:

Personally I was really satisfied with Chapter 6's ending. The new generation started off with Opaline having ruined everything and ponykind being divided, but now Opaline is defeated, and everything is back to the way it was before Equestria fell. I couldn't be more happy with the position this generation of MLP is in now. It can only get better from here, and I look forward to what G5 has in store for me. Like, because of everything Twilight and the rest of the Mane Six did getting ruined, at the beginning of this generation, I didn't like where it was going, but now I'm happy with it and I really love it. 

"Everything is back to the way it was before Equestria fell?"

What about all the villages, towns and cities Equestria had before it fell? We don't even get to see what's left of them. Equestria is still not a kingdom but 3 independent city-states, in this state I don't see how ponykind can reclaim it's lost territory.

What about it's knowledge of magic? So far it seems Misty (according to TYT) is the only one learning actual spells.

What about their relationships with other creatures? They brought back the Dragons and even the Breezies but what happened to the Changelings, Griffins, Hippogriffs, Yacks, Diamond Dogs and the Kirin? And if you count the crystal ponies, ponykind is still not united.

And I wasn't satisfied at all with the ending. The New Generation movie left us with so many questions about how Equestria broke up and it's history lost. So it turns out all pony kind split up because two ponies got into an argument? And everyone just forgot their history? That is perhaps one of the most disappointing answers they could have possibly have written.

I'm genially baffled as to how so many fans are ok with G5.

• Shocked 1

(edited)

@EccentricGentleman  Hmm...maybe the reason why a lot of G4 fans are ok with G5 is because they don't nit-pick like people like you do. I think I already made it clear that at first I didn't like G5's new storyline and format, but now I actually have gotten into it and now I like it. But what I really don't like seeing from a lot of other G4 bronies is entitlement, them being upset that their "perfect" format with Friendship Is Magic wasn't continued and feeling like Hasbro "owed" them that. Frankly I would have liked it if Friendship Is Magic continued forever too but the fact of the matter is that Hasbro wanted to do something different with the new generation; in the past they've always done that with each generation, made it unique from all the others, so they did that again here. So even though I didn't wind up with EXACTLY what I wanted (and was even at first upset with it), I adapted and went with the flow, and eventually accepted it, and then learned to like it even though it wasn't exactly what I wanted. The point is, all good things come to an end. Friendship Is Magic was never destined to continue forever; nothing is, realistically. Who knows; maybe if it had, and FIM had lasted for, say, 40 years instead of just 10, adult and kid fans BOTH might have gotten bored with it after a while and nobody would have wanted to watch it at all, because it would be the same thing over and over again. Even something exceptionally good just repeating itself over and over and over again would get tiring after a while, realistically. Maybe even you would have gotten bored with it too; who knows? At least with this, we have something new. Look-I know not everyone can do what I do and adapt and learn to like something even if it isn't exactly what they want. I understand how disappointing that can feel. But when you really think about it we have to adapt to stuff throughout daily life all the time when it doesn't turn out the way we wanted. The same can be true with entertainment. I just found out that GiJoe Retaliation isn't going to have a sequel to show everything ends well after that cliffhanger ending with most of the Joes getting killed off, and instead Hasbro is going to do a re-boot. I was very disappointed about that. But I'm looking forward to whatever Hasbro has in store with the reboot. Once again, I adapted. Sometimes I think people like you would be much more happy if they adapted with everything that didn't go the way they wanted and embraced it instead of fussing about how they WANTED it to be. Like, realistically, you can't always have everything be the way you want it all the time. That's just part of life. It's part of being human. Like-ok-I know this new generation isn't perfect, and there are problems with it. But I don't think it's ALL bad. That's just my opinion. Seems there are other G4 bronies and pegasisters that agree with me and just as many who disagree. But that's fine. 

Edited by Princess Sunny
  • Delighted Giggle 1