Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is Your Favorite Chapter of Make Your Mark?

Misty Shadow

What's Your Favorite Part of Make Your Mark?  

10 users have voted

1. 1. Which chapter is your favorite?

• Chapter 1 (Pilot)
    • Chapter 2 (First eight episodes)
    • Chapter 3 (Winter Wishday)
    • Chapter 4 (Bridlewoodstock and next six episodes, including Missing the Mark)
    • Chapter 5 (Six more episodes, including Family Trees)
    • Chapter 6 (Finale to first story arc and Secrets of Starlight)

Now that Make Your Mark has given us all its ordered content that we currently know of, I think this is the perfect time to ask you all what your favorite chapter of the show is. I have a good feeling that most people will say Chapter 4, with it being the most popular chapter of the series, and (at least virtually) no one will say Chapter 1, with even me feeling that it's deservedly the least popular chapter of the series. However, there are people who like Chapter 5 better than Chapter 4 and Chapter 6's two-parter is viewed by some to be the best episode of the entire show, even better than Chapter 4's Missing the Mark. I'm sure the later chapters will dominate given that they're generally viewed to be better than the early chapters, something I agree with, but if you feel the early chapters deserve more love, be my guest. 

• Brohoof 2

Hard to compare them since they have different amount of episodes, C1 and 3 are just single specials. I think C6 takes the cake, it has the highest stakes, great action, character development come to fruition and everything just came together really well. With the whole thing about the trees, Mistys part in Opalines plan and the dragon fire thingy... It was well executed, Opalines plan was solid and she proved to be a good villain with a satisfying end. The special was very entertaining too, giving more interesting characters and perhaps something to look forward too. C5 and 2 were good too, they had their weak moments and aspects but I had a lot of fun watching them. I think chapter 2 is underrated, it gave us some memorable episodes and most of the other episodes were at least decent. The animation is pretty poor compared to the later chapters. Despite the bad animation in the first special, I think the story was more interesting and engaging than C3.

My ranking: 6>5>2>4>1>3

• Brohoof 2

Tough decision for me. I rank Chapter 5 higher because I think that Misty and Alphabittle was the most tearjerking and heartwarming moment of the series, though Chapter 6 had a really strong finish to it. The other ones were good, but not sure how to rank them.

• Brohoof 1

@Misty Shadow Chapter 4 and 6 are definitely tied for first! Got some great episodes from each chapter and Chapter 6 was just… woo boy!! :PIPPIPHURRAY:

Chapter 5 was great too with all of the Misty goodness and the songs in that chapter were some of the best!

Chapter 2 definitely had some great moments too and it was good at properly introducing Opaline and Misty!

Chapter 3 was good but all it was the Winter Wishday special which was great but wish we got more from this chapter.

And Chapter 1 was a good pilot into the series but it definitely has the most flaws too and I actually found to be not as vibrant and colorful as later chapters would make it.

So my list would be:

Chapter 4

Chapter 6

Chapter 5

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Chapter 1

Honestly surprised most are liking Chapter 6 best so far, even with it having my favorite episode of the series, the Roots of All Evil two-parter. Well-liked and generally regarded to be a good chapter as it is, the people who haven't liked it have been far harsher on it than Chapter 4. If you're curious as to how I would rank the chapters, it would be like this from worst to best...

6. Chapter 1

5. Chapter 3

4. Chapter 2 

3. Chapter 5

2. Chapter 6

1. Chapter 4

Chapter 1, despite being far better than what it's made out to be, is easily the show's weakest part as a result of Atomic Cartoons still learning the ropes. Chapter 3 is a great holiday special, but I'm not ranking one special higher than a batch of episodes. Chapter 2 is even more underrated than Chapters 1 and 3, some people were even calling it confusing when I was able to understand everything going on in it perfectly and it only gets better the more you see how they're setting everything up. Chapter 5 is pretty good, even as I actually like Father of the Bridlewood and the Halloween special better than Family Trees. Chapter 6 was an awesome end to the show's first story arc to me and I already really like the setup for the next story arc in my favorite special. Chapter 4 is still my favorite part though with it having my second favorite special, my second favorite episode, and my all-time favorite part of the story, Misty's reformation. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

So it seems that Make Your Mark Chapter 6 is overtaking Chapter 4 in terms of popularity...

QuantumMYMChapterPoll.jpg.f4c6b4c7c5ab73eda7036f9de5b9c9a2.jpg

Yeah, even though this guy doing the poll has defended G5...a good chunk of his audience is comprised of G5 haters and G5 movie purists. Chapter 6 dominating a poll like this despite the fact that some G5 reviewers are trying to make it out to be the worst of G5 is definitely something to consider. ;)