Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

WickedGames

Spoiler

Allura, the snow leopard, has already been established as the new lead antagonist for the new story arc they want to do. They can still reuse Opaline, but MYM Chapter 6 gave the main story with her a definite ending.

• Brohoof 1
  • Leaves 1

I already shared my thoughts abotu this in your other post, so I don't need to repeat it, but in case you'd like to see her return, then I think I can say that maybe there is a small hope of that happening

When she is defeated in MyM it is really left in doubt about what her fate was, she just goes into despair, leaving no plans that she will return, but in TyT's version of events (The Rise and Fall) she is reluctant saying that it is not over yet

And since TyT episodes are made after the MyM ones (at least I think they are) maybe this could indicate that during the production of MyM Chapter 6, their plans were to actually ditch Opaline and move on, but after that they changed their minds and modified the depiction of the scene in TyT to make it clear that she could return. 

Or this could just be her delivering the classic catchphrase of a defeated villain, so don't count on it too much.

• Brohoof 2

16 hours ago, Misty Shadow said:
  Hide contents

Allura, the snow leopard, has already been established as the new lead antagonist for the new story arc they want to do. They can still reuse Opaline, but MYM Chapter 6 gave the main story with her a definite ending.

Spoiler

I don’t know how things work by making two shows simultaneously, but the MYM recap of the arc finale added Opaline threatening she’ll return, which was notoriously missing in MYM. I’m leaning for her to return, as I’m sure she’ll fit really well as the main villain when Sunny becomes a princess, and when they’ll finally uncovered or personally meet nerd poneh :huh:

• Leaves 1

I personally hope that she won't return. I am not a fan of her at all, personal reasons mostly. Aside from that though, I do think that the way that the show "got rid" of her kind of feels like they wanted to defeat her but also put her on a shelf for later use. It wasn't really shown what was really her faith. So if the creators of the show wish for her to return I think it would be really easy to do so.

Her defeat was satisfying so I hope that she will not return, however as FiM shown us, sealing\trapping\banishing villains is not necessarily a permeant solution, so under the right circumstances (like someone freeing her, the tree accidentally destroyed, the pony races fight again) she could be freed. That said, if she will be freed I think it won't happen soon.

9 minutes ago, Rushing cash said:

Her defeat was satisfying so I hope that she will not return, however as FiM shown us, sealing\trapping\banishing villains is not necessarily a permeant solution, so under the right circumstances (like someone freeing her, the tree accidentally destroyed, the pony races fight again) she could be freed. That said, if she will be freed I think it won't happen soon.

I totally see another Legion of Doom scenario for G5 finale, just like these guys :oh_golly:

image.gif.01b584b58e12e3d162fbf2c2505f03f0.gif

19 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

I totally see another Legion of Doom scenario for G5 finale, just like these guys :oh_golly:

image.gif.01b584b58e12e3d162fbf2c2505f03f0.gif

Could be, although a lot has to happen before that. If they do want to do something like this again, I hope it will be different enough that it won't feel repetitive.

16 minutes ago, Rushing cash said:

Well, lets first find out in what format the show will continue:P

Yeah, we are into unknown territory. No official 3D horses announcements, this new arc doesn’t seem to be G4-relevant at all, with the only plot remaining is the implication Sunny will become a princess, which may not even happen in this new arc

2 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Yeah, we are into unknown territory. No official 3D horses announcements, this new arc doesn’t seem to be G4-relevant at all, with the only plot remaining is the implication Sunny will become a princess, which may not even happen in this new arc

We know season 2 of TYT is going to happen with some episodes with normal length. If its the end of G5 than after Allura (and her brother probably) there might be another major villain and thats it. If we get more MYM chapters or a 3D series with a different name than anything is possible. Maybe TYT at some point will become a normal series with 20 min' episodes.

On 2023-11-25 at 4:44 AM, WickedGames said:

Is Opaline defeated for good?

Is Opaline defeated for good and the snow leopard (forgot her name) will be the new main villian?

I would like that because G5 won’t have to rely on G4 for story arcs

She trap on the tree... Just chop it.

And she aint the mane main... Im betting its her brother.