critique wanted Xada's newest pony art

Xada

I decided to draw my secondary OC named Harmonious Percussion with his helmet by his side. After his place was secured in a luxurious fortress, so he was curious about what state old forts in Anocratic empire are.
Bye the way, my full art list is on my website, which is linked on my profile.

pony fort.png

Edited by Xada
  • Brohoof 6
  • smile 2

Bez názvu.png

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)
Adoptive gootraxian parents with pony foals, i drew in GIMP. They are transformed humans who immigrated to Anocratic empire and were integrated into the pony society.

Gootraxian parents.png

Edited by Xada
  • Brohoof 1
  • smile 2

Bez názvu.png

• The title was changed to Xada's newest pony art
  • 1 month later...
Somewhere in Anocratic empire, a pony is chatting away with a gootraxian while they walk slowly. A kirin catches up to them while in a rush, she has to wait for them to move away from the door, so she can buy food from the distribution center.

Street walk.png

• Brohoof 2
  • smile 2

Bez názvu.png

• 3 weeks later...

I see you're looking for criticism, all I can say for your work is make sure your characters stand out from the background. As for other stuff you're still learning and so am I so I can't really say. 

Your art otherwise is really awesome keep it up 

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

From Acrab news, the in universe press:
"Mixed news. About 180 days ago, three unicorns went missing. However, they were finaly found by soldier search team. On a completly different continent's coast, on Melosator. While relieved that the military was there. They informed the search team that backup is needed. Because their grant project, which was almost finished, has provoked pirates. Who were going to attack them for it.

After some time, officers decided to deploy soldiers. Being told, the project in question was a living weapon. The deployed soldier managed to defeat the pirates, taking heavy losses. Leaving pretty much just the original three unicorns left, with their project completed. 

A giant centipede like robot emerged from an artificial womb, awaiting orders.

Unable to do anything to stop the unicorn nicknamed Sheet. The soldiers with the other two unicorns have returned back home, on a motor boat. Leaving Sheet to rampage madly through pirates and tribals alike, while mounted on the archotech centipede."

Archotech centipede.png

• Brohoof 2
  • smile 1
  • Excited 1

Bez názvu.png

• 2 weeks later...

Harmonious Percussion finds that gambling usualy isn't worth it.

Gamblercore.png

• Delighted Giggle 2
  • smile 2

Bez názvu.png

Cooked Cherry likes being around transformed humans. However pony gourmands and meat don't go well togather.

Cook off.png

• Delighted Giggle 2

Bez názvu.png

15 minutes ago, Xada said:

Cooked Cherry likes being around transformed humans. However pony gourmands and meat don't go well togather.

Cook off.png

:ButtercupLaugh: I Liked t! Good lesson XD

• Brohoof 1
  • smile 1

"Stand quiet like the Sky, and Move faster than Lightning"

Follower of the ultimate power, spirit, divine dreams and wishes of the Heavenly Angels of Stars (Starys), Husband of Mary Stary, Angel of Power and Spirit.

Dragon Ball fan since 2009, Hyped for Dragon Ball 40th Anniversary 2024, Daima, New Manga Saga & Sparking ZERO! :eager: / Making Arts for Free! :o

1112SemTtulo_20240820084933.jpg.3a7eb511f8fa06ea9a0cf4e6ad3f6849.jpg

12 minutes ago, Xada said:

Underground pony versus human warfare.

Underground warfare.png

The art is good but I'm kinda confused by how it works, from what I understood

The Pony is hiding in the rock, and this rock is in front of the water, while the water is is front of the area with the entry showing the human, making this order:

1st Plan (Forefront): Pony hiding on the rock

2nd Plan (Middle): water

3rd Plan (background): entry with the Human

Is it correct ? :mlp_huh:

• smile 1

Follower of the ultimate power, spirit, divine dreams and wishes of the Heavenly Angels of Stars (Starys), Husband of Mary Stary, Angel of Power and Spirit.

Dragon Ball fan since 2009, Hyped for Dragon Ball 40th Anniversary 2024, Daima, New Manga Saga & Sparking ZERO! :eager: / Making Arts for Free! :o

1 minute ago, Rafa Stary said:

The art is good but I'm kinda confused by how it works, from what I understood

The Pony is hiding in the rock, and this rock is in front of the water, while the water is is front of the area with the entry showing the human, making this order:

1st Plan (Forefront): Pony hiding on the rock

2nd Plan (Middle): water

3rd Plan (background): entry with the Human

Is it correct ? :mlp_huh:

Pony is at the edge of a tunnel leading to a cave with water, a human is marching into the cave towards the pony.

• Brohoof 1
  • Shocked 1

Bez názvu.png

16 minutes ago, Xada said:

Pony is at the edge of a tunnel leading to a cave with water, a human is marching into the cave towards the pony.

Yeah I'm really confused, no offense, the art is good, but I just can't understand very well how the work with planes and perspective works here :scoots: 

• Brohoof 1

As a fan of fantasy and science fiction I must say that I really like your concept. I am no artist so I can't give you any hints. However, the stories behind these arts make it interesting. Keep it up ^^

• smile 2

mlp-mlp-item-628x5402.webp New friends (you)

(edited)
3 hours ago, Finding_Marty said:

As a fan of fantasy and science fiction I must say that I really like your concept. I am no artist so I can't give you any hints. However, the stories behind these arts make it interesting. Keep it up ^^

I forgot to mention that i think i gave them a lot more detailed description on Derpibooru. I also have few extra stuff on my website, most notably, the high resolution almost pixel perfect maps of the places where those stories take place.

https://derpibooru.org/tags/artist-colon-xada

I have a whole MLP x Rimworld AU that i have been working on for almost 4 years now.

Edited by Xada
  • Brohoof 2
  • Delighted Giggle 1

Bez názvu.png

I seriously can't express how much I love this idea haha. You acctually drew both pastern bones and a pedal bone in each leg and this is brilliant lol :D

• Brohoof 1
  • smile 1

mlp-mlp-item-628x5402.webp New friends (you)

EvilorbponderingandWMDdevelopment.thumb.png.48db39ccaaae56ff51793f402ae9d846.png

Evil orb pondering and WMD development. I wasn't able to draw a pony lineless, so i drew the background lineless. How is it? As always, you can find my whole galery on my website:  https://xada.neocities.org/

• Brohoof 1

Bez názvu.png