Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hello everypony. Allow me to introduce myself.

Casey Pones

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

Pinkie Pie, never knew what was going to happen next when she was around.

But I also like Applejack because both of us are honest to a fault. And Rainbowdash for her dynamic personality and confidence.

How did I find MLP Forums?

I had just seen Make Your Mark chapter 6 and I was not happy with what I had seen. For the first time I went looking for MLP forums to see what other people thought about it and make voice my thoughts myself. That's when my internet search brought me here.

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

I was vaguely aware of the show's existence for a time before I saw it but I dismissed it without seeing it as a show for little girls. Then around the time the first Equestria Girls film came out, I was looking at some pokemon videos on Youtube when I came across this MLP parody of it. I think next to it on the right there was Raise This Barn and out of curiosity I clicked on it. I still wasn't sold on it, at first I thought the repeated lyric of "1-2-3-4" meant the show was for pre-school education. But it was enough for me to check out the show from the first episode. And though I found it a predicable story and typical of a kid's show there was something that spoke to me and compelled me to keep watching. And soon I was hooked.

What did I like about the show?

I loved the art style and the memorable songs but what I loved the most was the writing. They manged to blend the episodic with arcs and that's not always easy to pull off.

I liked how they put in a pop-culture reference now and then but did it in a way that you could still enjoy the episode if you didn't know the reference. Like that pony who was a parody of JJ Jamerson from spiderman. If you knew who it was supposed to be you'd smile and enjoy the joke. And if you'd never seen Jamerson you could still watch it without drawing a blank because the situation involved a reference didn't depend on it.

Most shows, especially kids shows, follow the mantra "The stats quo is God." I loved how MLP were willing to make changes and stick with them, like Twilight becoming an alicorn and getting a castle. Many shows set up a character with a goal but end before the ever reach it. MLP was different with Rainbowdash finally becoming a Wonderbolt or the CMCs getting their cutie marks. I blows my mind that this kind of show, that wasn't planned out from the start, was willing to do that.

And they managed to keep what we loved about the show while freshening it up by expanding it in new ways. Like the cutie map missions and the school of friendship.

I also admired how they kept consistent to the continuity, like when we had that flashback to Applejack's parents and they remembered to include Nightmare moon as the mare in the moon. 

But what I loved most of all about the show was the fact they were willing to do all of this. This probably started out as a way for Hasbro to make money by recycling an existing property and create a show preaching worn-out lessons and sell merchandise. But the writers put way more effort into their art then they needed to which is something I think is all too rare in media. And as a result, not only did MLP FIM become a global sensation with conventions and a movie but they made a continuance of the show over a reboot. I think this show should be an example to the media industry that success isn't focus-grouped pandering, merchandising or thinking kids will love anything bright and colourful. It's a quality product well made.

Why did you join?

Honestly I wanted to voice my disappointment over Make Your Mark. But also I was tempted by what the admins said about how these site could make you friends. I've always had trouble with relationships and making friends. When I watch FIM it often made me realise I didn't have what Twilight had, the kind of friendships where you could take a group picture and tell anyone details of everyone else in it. And yet when I didn't have friends, it made me feel like I did. I was hoping maybe this might fix that.

• Brohoof 7
  • Delighted Giggle 1
  • smile 1

Hello and welcome @EccentricGentleman,

I hope you have a great time here and make many friends.

That's quite a text you wrote. Yes, first you are hooked with one thing and then more and more pile up and you find yourself in a wonderland of ponies. It's a great experience indeed <3

Regarding the last paragraph: You can find many friends and this community can help if you have such problems.

• Brohoof 1
  • Excited 1

On 2024-01-01 at 7:20 PM, EccentricGentleman said:

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

Pinkie Pie, never knew what was going to happen next when she was around.

But I also like Applejack because both of us are honest to a fault. And Rainbowdash for her dynamic personality and confidence.

How did I find MLP Forums?

I had just seen Make Your Mark chapter 6 and I was not happy with what I had seen. For the first time I went looking for MLP forums to see what other people thought about it and make voice my thoughts myself. That's when my internet search brought me here.

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

I was vaguely aware of the show's existence for a time before I saw it but I dismissed it without seeing it as a show for little girls. Then around the time the first Equestria Girls film came out, I was looking at some pokemon videos on Youtube when I came across this MLP parody of it. I think next to it on the right there was Raise This Barn and out of curiosity I clicked on it. I still wasn't sold on it, at first I thought the repeated lyric of "1-2-3-4" meant the show was for pre-school education. But it was enough for me to check out the show from the first episode. And though I found it a predicable story and typical of a kid's show there was something that spoke to me and compelled me to keep watching. And soon I was hooked.

What did I like about the show?

I loved the art style and the memorable songs but what I loved the most was the writing. They manged to blend the episodic with arcs and that's not always easy to pull off.

I liked how they put in a pop-culture reference now and then but did it in a way that you could still enjoy the episode if you didn't know the reference. Like that pony who was a parody of JJ Jamerson from spiderman. If you knew who it was supposed to be you'd smile and enjoy the joke. And if you'd never seen Jamerson you could still watch it without drawing a blank because the situation involved a reference didn't depend on it.

Most shows, especially kids shows, follow the mantra "The stats quo is God." I loved how MLP were willing to make changes and stick with them, like Twilight becoming an alicorn and getting a castle. Many shows set up a character with a goal but end before the ever reach it. MLP was different with Rainbowdash finally becoming a Wonderbolt or the CMCs getting their cutie marks. I blows my mind that this kind of show, that wasn't planned out from the start, was willing to do that.

And they managed to keep what we loved about the show while freshening it up by expanding it in new ways. Like the cutie map missions and the school of friendship.

I also admired how they kept consistent to the continuity, like when we had that flashback to Applejack's parents and they remembered to include Nightmare moon as the mare in the moon. 

But what I loved most of all about the show was the fact they were willing to do all of this. This probably started out as a way for Hasbro to make money by recycling an existing property and create a show preaching worn-out lessons and sell merchandise. But the writers put way more effort into their art then they needed to which is something I think is all too rare in media. And as a result, not only did MLP FIM become a global sensation with conventions and a movie but they made a continuance of the show over a reboot. I think this show should be an example to the media industry that success isn't focus-grouped pandering, merchandising or thinking kids will love anything bright and colourful. It's a quality product well made.

Why did you join?

Honestly I wanted to voice my disappointment over Make Your Mark. But also I was tempted by what the admins said about how these site could make you friends. I've always had trouble with relationships and making friends. When I watch FIM it often made me realise I didn't have what Twilight had, the kind of friendships where you could take a group picture and tell anyone details of everyone else in it. And yet when I didn't have friends, it made me feel like I did. I was hoping maybe this might fix that.

Hello and welcome :P :D :)

The virus of addiction and contamination is real. :P

You are on the right place for friendship.

Take a comfortable seat with your hooves, it's nice and cozy here.