Do you think they will ever address what happen to the Crystal Empire in G5? O

WickedGames

Do you think they will ever address what happen to the Crystal Empire in G5?

Or is the Discovery Family issue too much to overcome from that?

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't hold my breath. We might be more likely to see the fate of the Crystal Empire explored in the comics than in animation (unless a new 22-minute show pops up). But the comics are not necessarily in continuity with the animation. 

• Brohoof 2

For me, any kind of revival of a G4 character or location in animated G5 is only going to be made after the contract with Discovery Family expires in March 2025. Zo far we've only had Easter eggs, and I think it will remain that way until the end of this contract.

And I agree with Otaku-sempai, if G5 is ever going to bring back Crystal Empire, I think it's very likely the comics are going to do it first.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Rafa Stary said:

For me, any kind of revival of a G4 character or location in animated G5 is only going to be made after the contract with Discovery Family expires in March 2025. Zo far we've only had Easter eggs, and I think it will remain that way until the end of this contract.

And I agree with Otaku-sempai, if G5 is ever going to bring back Crystal Empire, I think it's very likely the comics are going to do it first.

I think Tell Your Tale will end after the contract is up and they will go back to doing G4 related stuff in a few years don’t the road 

• Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, WickedGames said:

I think Tell Your Tale will end after the contract is up and they will go back to doing G4 related stuff in a few years don’t the road 

That is possible. But I personally don't think TyT or G5 are going to end without making connections with G4, being a sequel to G4 was the original idea of this generation after all, so It just can't end doing the opposite, although you said that only TyT will end and not G5, which means that we could get something different to end the generation, like a new 3D series or movie, I think it's unlikely but let's see.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Rafa Stary said:

That is possible. But I personally don't think TyT or G5 are going to end without making connections with G4, being a sequel to G4 was the original idea of this generation after all, so It just can't end doing the opposite, although you said that only TyT will end and not G5, which means that we could get something different to end the generation, like a new 3D series or movie, I think it's unlikely but let's see.

We already had one 

It was Spike showing up in Make Your Mark

• Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, WickedGames said:

We already had one 

It was Spike showing up in Make Your Mark

I didn't get what you mwant by that, you're saying that Spike showing up in Make Your Mark was pretty much a ending for the generation?

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Rafa Stary said:

I didn't get what you mwant by that, you're saying that Spike showing up in Make Your Mark was pretty much an ending for the generation?

Yeah and he especially much as he could at what happened and they left it at that 

Seems like the TYT writers are focused more on slice of life stories with G4 references here and there than anything lore heavy

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, WickedGames said:

Yeah and he especially much as he could at what happened and they left it at that 

Seems like the TYT writers are focused more on slice of life stories with G4 references here and there than anything lore heavy

I wouldn't say that, about TyT, that is just the show's style of telling stories, the writers aren't focused on slice of life, they always were, that is the show's core concept since Season 1, they just need to make some world-building and lore progress now because MyM ended, but the show is still a episodic slice of life series. I really don't think they're going to end the generation without making connections to G4, if I had to guess, I think the 2 last 20 minutes specials are going to be the finale for this generation, with both of them releasing after the contract expires, but let's wait.

• Brohoof 1