Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Confused Introduction to MLP

83awsm

MLP Forum,

I was lurking on 4chan one night and came upon the usual pony thread with the usual bunch of memes, and checked it out to see if there were any unrelated pics to lul at. Then I actually started to stop and look at some of the mainstream content in the thread, which normally I pass by, and realized that there were people within my own demographic were actually enjoying the show and was like wtf really? So then I went to youtube and found news reports about people that actually did projects about the show in school and are completely obsessed with it. So I eventually wound up watching the 1st ep and was like what the hell this is actually good, but I asked myself how the hell is someone like me, 18 typical dude from a typical environment enjoying this? But I ignored the questions and continued to watch every single episode. It’s had some weird (well at this point idk what qualifies as weird) possibly unexplainable mental effects. I suddenly had the urge to stop cussing, stop denying or considering making white lies about anything, stop making judgmental decisions, and pretty much avoid any argument or dismiss any negative confrontation with anyone that had come along, which isn’t completely like me normally. I also listen to the Hub's promotional songs about the show on repeat in my car and on my phone, and actually feel for the shows characters, which has completely got me rationally confused. So I did some research and figured out that the show is full of nostalgic references to relevant content for my age group which is a contributing factor to the brony fan base and the shows simple way of portraying a positive outlook has helped people who have had hardships or a broken family structure. I don't have huge life altering problems (although my family is a little messed up), like some of the people I have read about, where the show had completely changed their outlook or kept them from committing suicide, yet I still feel some sort of desire to have a connection to the story world. Now I really don't know where to go from here, just finished watching the last episode and have been doing minor lurking on EQ Daily and DeviantArt, but don’t get the same fulfillment of watching the show. I also don't think I can tell my friends because they'll probably pull the typical wtf card and you probably know how that goes... Anyway was just wondering if there were any explanations or similar circumstances to help me figure out exactly what happened over the past 5 days,

Thanks.

tl;dr

I actually read the whole thing! :P

I'm not sure I quite understand what the problem is though. To me, it all seems to just be part of the natural process of becoming a brony. It's all perfectly normal. Also, there are new episodes every saturday so cheer up! :D

Anyway, welcome to the forums! It's a really nice place and I'm sure you'll really enjoy it if you decide to be active (which I highly recommend). It's honestly one of the nicest communities I've ever been apart of.

Hope to see ya around on the forums! :D

• Brohoof 1

tl;dr I actually read the whole thing! :PI'm not sure I quite understand what the problem is though. To me, it all seems to just be part of the natural process of becoming a brony. It's all perfectly normal. Also, there are new episodes every saturday so cheer up! :D Anyway, welcome to the forums! It's a really nice place and I'm sure you'll really enjoy it if you decide to be active (which I highly recommend). It's honestly one of the nicest communities I've ever been apart of. Hope to see ya around on the forums! :D

Thanks for actually reading all of it, its not so much a problem as it is the thought that I'd never really be into this stuff until I expereinced the show first hand which left me a little confused. Thanks for the welcome, and im looking fwd to the new episodes, I found this particular forum by searching thorugh a couple sites and decided that this one seemed the best.