Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Buying that Comiccon Derpy toy off Hasbro's site.

RoboGuy9000

So once the conventions it's being sold at (My Little Pony Fair, and Comiccon) are over they said they'll be selling them after on Hasbro's site. Does anyone know what defines after, is it on the 9th of July or is it right after the event goes down. Cause I reaaaaallllly want to get this, and there are many opposing factors, such as the limited quantity, all you folk, and the site crashing due to traffic. So I want to know the exact moment it goes online so I can grab one as soon as possible.

Oh and do they to Canada?

If they put these things out, because of demand, getting one will be next to impossible. The article said there would be a limited amout available.

An alternative to waiting for it to show up on Hasbro's site is to pre-order one on eBay. There are several listings already starting as low as $40.

The way it works is the seller lists it on eBay as a pre-order. Once so many orders are placed, the seller picks them up at the convention and ships them out. If they are unable to fullfil your order, they give you a refund.

That's how I'm hoping to snag one.

Be forewarned everypony...every year Hasbrotoyshop's SDCC exclusive sales are a joke. They pop up in stock, sometimes at the crack of dawn day-of-sale, sometimes hours later without any notice or forewarning (meaning the scalpers sitting in front of their monitors hitting refresh all day in their dank basement usually have the best chance), and sell out often in minutes. Then, again without any notice or forewarning, more stock may be listed for sale at any time later that day...or days later...or there may not be anymore stock at all. It's a complete crapshoot, they do not schedule sales appropriately or communicate well at Hasbrotoyshop.

(edited)

I'm curious... is Derpy the same size as the $5 brushables, or is she the same size as the Fashion Style ponies?

EDIT: Nevermind, I saw a picture and she's the same size as the Fashion Style ponies. She won't go with my collection... I love the Fashion Style ponies but they are too big to have in my pony collection. :/

Edited by RockinRarity

Be forewarned everypony...every year Hasbrotoyshop's SDCC exclusive sales are a joke. They pop up in stock, sometimes at the crack of dawn day-of-sale, sometimes hours later without any notice or forewarning (meaning the scalpers sitting in front of their monitors hitting refresh all day in their dank basement usually have the best chance), and sell out often in minutes. Then, again without any notice or forewarning, more stock may be listed for sale at any time later that day...or days later...or there may not be anymore stock at all. It's a complete crapshoot, they do not schedule sales appropriately or communicate well at Hasbrotoyshop.

That doesn't mean it's a joke. It means they don't want their servers to crash with 4,000 people all trying to pay for their Derpys all at once. They kind of HAVE to space it out throughout the day.

That doesn't mean it's a joke. It means they don't want their servers to crash with 4,000 people all trying to pay for their Derpys all at once. They kind of HAVE to space it out throughout the day.

I guess this is true, but that could be another problem with so many people trying to get onto teh site at once, it will probably be really laggy.

(edited)

Someone who was at Comic Con trying to get a Derpy said that Derpy and Zecora were selling out within 30 minutes of each time they went on sale. (Apparently, they were put out for sale, sold out, then later in the day Hasbro put more out for sale again, from what I understood. ... People had to get "time vouchers" and stand in line at the times they were allotted.) It's possible they were completely sold out of Derpy at the convention. If so, though, then Hasbro needs to put a notice on their web site and not just leave us hanging, eh?

I tried to get a Derpy from an Asian source, and never did get a shipping notice. I don't know whether it was a knock-off Derpy or what. It looks like they just took my money and ran, though, because it's been a couple weeks and no shipping notice yet. Sigh. It seemed to be a legitimate web site, though. They didn't SEEM to be scammers. Cough-cough. At least it was only $23 (for two Derpys). It was this web site, supposedly a shopping service for Taobao: https://buyfromtaobao.com/

Edited by SydneyGrey

I'd feel Hasbro would make more money if they sold it as a normal toy, but now that they've made it exclusive if they ever were to sell it normally people who bought it before would complain.

• Brohoof 1

An alternative to waiting for it to show up on Hasbro's site is to pre-order one on eBay. There are several listings already starting as low as $40.

The way it works is the seller lists it on eBay as a pre-order. Once so many orders are placed, the seller picks them up at the convention and ships them out. If they are unable to fullfil your order, they give you a refund.

That's how I'm hoping to snag one.

did you end up getting one applebloom?

(edited)

Too bad, they're already gone. Posted today at 12 noon EST, gone within 15 minutes. Hasbro you bastards -_- YOU NEED MORE STOCK!!!!!!

I've read about people who camped out on the site and even some had her in their shopping cart and weren't fast enough. I saw it coming, that's why I went ahead and pre-ordered one on eBay.

did you end up getting one applebloom?

I pre-ordered one and contacted my seller a few days ago. They said they weren't able to fulfill all pre-orders but they got mine. They said they'll be shipping her out sometime this week. We'll see... Edited by Apple Bloom

(edited)

I've read about people who camped out on the site and even some had her in their shopping cart and weren't fast enough. I saw it coming, that's why I went ahead and pre-ordered one on eBay.

I pre-ordered one and contacted my seller a few days ago. They said they weren't able to fulfill all pre-orders but they got mine. They said they'll be shipping her out sometime this week. We'll see...

and also did you end up getting yours for the standard 19.99

also.. i just picked one up for 80 bucks on ebay. it seemed high but i saw them going for much much more 80 seemed fair enough to me

Edited by Scarfy HOOVES

I ended up having to get ours from eBay as well. I picked it up before they went up on Hasbro's store and sold out, because I figured that was only going to drive the already absurd prices up even higher. In the end, it cost around $80 dollars with shipping. Sadly that feels like a deal compared to what the prices are at, now. ><

It's really a bummer to see such a fan favorite character only made available in such a limited capacity. Not everyone has the time, money, or availability to go to SDCC or pick these up from eBay scalpers. I wish the exclusive had just been a color or material variant on something existing - something that's really cool to have, but you're not going to feel like you've missed out or been denied for not having it.

I ended up having to get ours from eBay as well. I picked it up before they went up on Hasbro's store and sold out, because I figured that was only going to drive the already absurd prices up even higher. In the end, it cost around $80 dollars with shipping. Sadly that feels like a deal compared to what the prices are at, now. ><

It's really a bummer to see such a fan favorite character only made available in such a limited capacity. Not everyone has the time, money, or availability to go to SDCC or pick these up from eBay scalpers. I wish the exclusive had just been a color or material variant on something existing - something that's really cool to have, but you're not going to feel like you've missed out or been denied for not having it.

Yeah, but i guess it wouldn't be a SDCC exclusive if they sold loads of them.

$80 doesn't seem so bad I'm pretty sure they will be $100 + in a few weeks.

and also did you end up getting yours for the standard 19.99

also.. i just picked one up for 80 bucks on ebay. it seemed high but i saw them going for much much more 80 seemed fair enough to me

Ouch. :o That's too much. I actually paid $54 for mine including free shipping and I thought that was expensive at the time. Now I'm thinking I probably made a wise decision.

As much as these things are going for, I'll probably never take her out of the box. Sorry Derpy, but you're going to have to stay in your plastic prison, at least for now. :(

Ouch. :o That's too much. I actually paid $54 for mine including free shipping and I thought that was expensive at the time. Now I'm thinking I probably made a wise decision.

As much as these things are going for, I'll probably never take her out of the box. Sorry Derpy, but you're going to have to stay in your plastic prison, at least for now. :(

yeah i have no intention of ever removing her from the box. and i doubt i will but worse case i mean she is a good and investment her price is only going up. so worse case a re-sell for more money