I can't get over cupcakes:/

Zerul

Stay off the Ponynet.

Swoop said:
If something does happen to go horribly wrong, please, blame Zoop.

Frenzyhero: Lurking extraordinaire, brony impersonator.

Have a question? Mail me at frenzymlp@hotmail.com! It's just for you guys!

I really didn't want to read it because I didn't want to ruin how I saw pinkie but I just kept on seeing comments on her youtube vids and when I put all the pieces together I found out exactly what happened minus the pics. :/ How do I get over this and go back to looking at her like I used to? Thanks in advance

You act like you got raped or something.

It's a story, sheesh ~

• Brohoof 1

dgpRo.gif

(edited)

You act like you got raped or something.

It's a story, sheesh ~

The Pinkie Pie he knows and loves, in his mind, was brutally raped and murdered by this story, which is understandable, since, by literary standards, she was.

Edited by Pegasus25

RaritySignature.png

The Pinkie Pie he knows and loves, in his mind, was brutally raped and murdered by this story, which is understandable, since, by literary standards, she was.

It's a cartoon character. o.o ~

ugh

reality check needed

• Brohoof 1

dgpRo.gif

ugh

reality check needed

My thoughts exactly.

Cartoon =/= Real life.

It's like the derpy shit.

It doesn't matter at all.

• Brohoof 1

BW7kqXG.png?1

ugh

reality check needed

People identify with realistic cartoons a lot, so that's not really the thing to be looking at. The real thing to look at here is that it's a stupid fan fiction by some random guy none of us will ever, ever meet, let alone talk to online. That's the largest part of this that makes it not really matter, and what ultimately should allow people to move past reading things like this quickly.

fSnYzne.png

People identify with realistic cartoons a lot, so that's not really the thing to be looking at. The real thing to look at here is that it's a stupid fan fiction by some random guy none of us will ever, ever meet, let alone talk to online. That's the largest part of this that makes it not really matter, and what ultimately should allow people to move past reading things like this quickly.

It's not real either way. ~

dgpRo.gif

Doesn't need to be real for someone to identify with it :3

I'm not talking about identification, I'm talking about the fact that this kid is acting like he can't go on with his life. o.o ~

• Brohoof 1

dgpRo.gif

If Cupcakes is causing this much strife, then my friend, be very careful where you venture on the internet.

Some of the things you see or even think about... well only the dead can know peace from this evil.

I'm not talking about identification, I'm talking about the fact that this kid is acting like he can't go on with his life. o.o ~

Some people just take things deeper than others, and enjoy seeing counter-media towards it. Might seem weird, but at this point, with two pages of numerous things that they've acknowledged, I'd say he has moved on :3

fSnYzne.png

i kinda like the fic

i know and understand its just a fan made story and i was rather entertained by it, and rainbow is my favorite pony

and to be honest, cupcakes is rather low on the grimdark scale, theres far FAR worse you can read

• Brohoof 2

My Let's Play channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy14-AEEHdfj5QQAlYtB1_A

Need a guest Rapper on a song? talk to me!: http://mlpforums.com/topic/103097-guest-rapper-for-you/

NEW SONG:

Let me put Cupcakes in perspective.

Cupcakes is just a badly written story using trite shock tactics. In wars, people have parts of their bodies shredded to pieces in explosions, people get bombed, people get decapitated, people get immolated, people get stabbed, people get shot, and people are generally suffering horrific, slow, violent deaths thanks to the most barbaric, destructive, inhumane, and vicious machinations ever spat out of a human mind. The US tells about the "glorious" parts of war, but you see one hell of a different story if you look at the uncensored footage and photographs. Young and old, sick and well, civilian and military, they all suffer the most violent deaths concievable, ones not even serial killers can match in sheer malice and cruelty.

Cupcakes is NOTHING.

• Brohoof 1

here's the palette cleanser I have to play everyday to keep myself from freaking out from Cupcakes:

Let me put Cupcakes in perspective.

Cupcakes is just a badly written story using trite shock tactics. In wars, people have parts of their bodies shredded to pieces in explosions, people get bombed, people get decapitated, people get immolated, people get stabbed, people get shot, and people are generally suffering horrific, slow, violent deaths thanks to the most barbaric, destructive, inhumane, and vicious machinations ever spat out of a human mind. The US tells about the "glorious" parts of war, but you see one hell of a different story if you look at the uncensored footage and photographs. Young and old, sick and well, civilian and military, they all suffer the most violent deaths concievable, ones not even serial killers can match in sheer malice and cruelty.

Cupcakes is NOTHING.

yes but soldiers aren't sweet little ponies

yes but soldiers aren't sweet little ponies

So if humans suffer incredibly violent deaths, it is fine... but if it is a pastel coloured pony, it is horrible? That's an awfully terrible way to think.

And note, lots of CIVILIANS are killed like that in war.

So if humans suffer incredibly violent deaths, it is fine... but if it is a pastel coloured pony, it is horrible? That's an awfully terrible way to think.

And note, lots of CIVILIANS are killed like that in war.

i didn't say that I think that way, i meant more that society thinks that way.....in america anyway.....

(edited)

Pretty much, the story doesn't matter because it's not real, nor is it canon to the real MLP:FIM, but I understand why he's so troubled by it that he's having difficulty getting over it. Some of us identify and care about the characters that much. And let's not forget, it's a pretty damn fucked up story, it shouldn't be a surprise that someone could be traumatized by it. Some can look at it as nothing more than a dumb story that's not real, others empathize so heavily with the characters in it, despite said characters being fictional, that they're deeply troubled by it.

Edited by Pegasus25
  • Brohoof 2

RaritySignature.png

And that's why I hate America.

I'm not too fond of it either.....and I live in Texas.....major pain in the flank...... :(

No country on this planet is perfect :3

Sweden gets pretty close seeing as they haven't been at war in over 700 years

(edited)

No country on this planet is perfect :3

No country is prouder of the fact it sucks, however.

Also, if you thought Cupcakes was bad, you obviously haven't read Sweet Apple Massacre. I am a heartless, cold person, and I couldn't even get through all of it.

Edited by Kakei

I'm not too fond of it either.....and I live in Texas.....major pain in the flank...... :(

Sweden gets pretty close seeing as they haven't been at war in over 700 years

War is one of endless ways to measure a country in terms of perfection. But let's not get off topic here <3 This is about how a fellow pony is disturbed by the gunk that comes out in fan fiction, not hate for nations.

• Brohoof 1

fSnYzne.png

War is one of endless ways to measure a country in terms of perfection. But let's not get off topic here <3 This is about how a fellow pony is disturbed by the gunk that comes out in fan fiction, not hate for nations.

As far as gorefics go, Cupcakes is actually very tame. It's linear, predictable, badly written, has terrible spelling, and was just a dime-story fanfic using overused, cliche, common shock tactics. It has every cliche element of a stereotypical horror film from the better half of a century ago. Nothing different or new. Besides, it came from 4chan. Considering what is usually on 4chan, it's extraordinarily tame.

• Brohoof 1