Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I can't get over cupcakes:/

Zerul

As far as gorefics go, Cupcakes is actually very tame. It's linear, predictable, badly written, has terrible spelling, and was just a dime-story fanfic using overused, cliche, common shock tactics. It has every cliche element of a stereotypical horror film from the better half of a century ago. Nothing different or new. Besides, it came from 4chan. Considering what is usually on 4chan, it's extraordinarily tame.

It still get's more fame than any of those, though, which means it get's discussed the most, get's the most media and art made for it, etc. So even though it itself is hardly worth the time to most people, it still manages to impact a lot of people with it's bizarre outreach. Same thing goes with Rainbow Factory, which started as a song, then got a fanfiction, which is now practically it's own fanon.

Watch the show and remember that it's just a fanfic. Or try a more... .. Risky way; read the fic and then realize it isnt w as bad as you think..

I didn't get affected by it at all and I think the fic's disturbing level is overrated. I mean that particular picture in PONIES the Anthology 2 is way scarier than cupcakes. Heck, it scared the shit outta me XD

It still get's more fame than any of those, though, which means it get's discussed the most, get's the most media and art made for it, etc. So even though it itself is hardly worth the time to most ponies, it still manages to impact a lot of ponies with it's bizarre outreach. Same thing goes with Rainbow Factory, which started as a song, then got a fanfiction, which is now practically it's own fanon.

Cupcakes only got it because it was the first. It certainly is not the most messed up, and is among the most tolerable. Oddly, Cupcakes HD even seems slightly happy and upbeat to me.

(edited)

As far as gorefics go, Cupcakes is actually very tame. It's linear, predictable, badly written, has terrible spelling, and was just a dime-story fanfic using overused, cliche, common shock tactics. It has every cliche element of a stereotypical horror film from the better half of a century ago. Nothing different or new. Besides, it came from 4chan. Considering what is usually on 4chan, it's extraordinarily tame.

I'll agree with this, it's pretty tame compared to what I can think up.

Posted Image

But I still think it's fucking horrific.

Edited by Pegasus25

Cupcakes only got it because it was the first. It certainly is not the most messed up, and is among the most tolerable. Oddly, Cupcakes HD even seems slightly happy and upbeat to me.

Whatever the reason, the fact it's a poster child for the less happy and grotesque side of the fandom remains absolute.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I liked Rainbow Factory over Cupcakes personally, better writing and story

I seriously don't understand making Rainbow Dash an axe crazy psycho, nothing about her personality remotely implies that she'd ever go blood thirsty insane. Like, I can't see the courageous, don't give a shit, "awesome"character as the crazy type. It's not even remotely believable. I'm not saying it's not out of the realm of possibility that she could go insane, just that she doesn't seem like the logical choice for "I'm secretly a sadistic deranged blood thirsty sociopath".

Edited by Pegasus25

Why is that anyway?

Silly haters can't handle her awesomeness.

On a more serious note, these cupcake topics need to die soon.

• Brohoof 1

I heard a lot about Cupcakes from my brother so I finally checked it out... I wasn't to creeped out until I started to have bad thoughts of me putting my cockatiel in the microwave... Even though the problem didn't involve Pinkie Pie, I stopped having those thought after watching a couple episodes of mlp. Pinkie is not really a monster! :)

(edited)

All of you guys are awesome ^ ^_^

Posted Image <-- easily the face of a murderer

Im surprised I got so many replies o.o I got over this the morning after this was posted (:

Edited by OdinForced
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

i know how ya feel, bro, i know how ya feel. :(

If you are experiencing these feels do what I did:

1-Watch MLP

2-Read PinkieDash Fan fics not the whole gorefest ones but the shipping etc etc the nice ones :) Honestly after than not another fanfic in the universe can phase me LOL

Edited by OdinForced