Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Noises that you can't stand

cider float

Dogs constantly barking, screaming, children screaming and yelling, people yelling at others or cussing out others, squeaking, shrieking noises like nails on a chalkboard.

Basically what he said but I used to can't stand fire alarms

(edited)

Theres actually not that much noises that annoys me, ALMOST everything doesn't annoy me except school fire alarms. Some noises such as lawn mowers (if I spelled it right) in the morning makes me fall right back to sleep..idk why XD I just love the way it sounds. One more noise that annoys me is......idk I think thats it...call me weird but I don't really think of many noises and things as annoying..except them fire alarms >_<! Edit: Oh teenagers cussing at each other..but luckily I live in a peaceful place so its rare for me to hear things like that ^_^

Edited by jeremiahs64

Not many sounds are the equivalent of nails on a chalkboard for me (and that sound actually doesn't bother me lol), the only one I can think of is very specific... At some restaurants (like IHOP) they have a certain material for booth seats, and rubbing up against it makes this sound that really gets to me.

Cell phone noises of any kind get on my nerves, too.

Also working in retail I am subjected to this a lot: The sound of electric scooters making that beeping noise to back-up. It doesn't help that usually the people riding them are just kids messing around.

(edited)

When the teacher uses chalkboards and everytime she writes the chalk makes this awful sound and dont even get me started on the nails in the chalkboard as well

Edited by Violet_S

High pitched sounds and screeching that sounds like sirens, seriously, I once knew a guy who did that, my head nearly exploded  :angry:

Does anything that comes from my brothers mouth count?!

Does anything that comes from my brothers mouth count?!

That buzzing sound.... hue hue  :umad:

• Brohoof 1

That buzzing sound.... hue hue  :umad:

:okiedokielokie: :okiedokielokie: :okiedokielokie: :okiedokielokie: :okiedokielokie: :okiedokielokie: :okiedokielokie: :okiedokielokie: :okiedokielokie:

Buck you, buck you and your puns!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Repeated knocking. Screaming for no good reason (God damn twelvies do this for attention). Anything scratching a chalkboard (chalk is fine though). Feral people arguing and non-stop swearing. Deliberately ridiculously loud laughing just to get people's attention. Incessant car revving (you're not a bucking badass because you know how to make vroom noises, okay!?).

I live in a dodgy area and it's too obvious :P

Edited by Sky Flare

Screaming kids can be pretty annoying. I babysit three kids so I deal with that constantly.

The sound of licking is annoying too. My dog has a habit of licking the carpet and the kitchen floor. I cringe at the sound of it.

(edited)
kids/baby crying or making noices or talking annoyly

This! So many freaking times this!

Edit: I did not know frogs made that kind of noise... I am horrified now.

Edited by Star Saber

(edited)

Snoring is pretty annoying, especially when I'm trying to sleep.

Dogs barking.

Any type of alarm clock.

Any type of "health is low" sound effect, especially in Legend of Zelda.

Edited by Golden Triangle

Motorcycles roaring by the house. Such a horrible, ugly noise. I have nothing against motorcycles except that.

Fingernails on a chalkboard. Babies crying are the worst; it hurts so bad I'll run away to escape from it.

And one more thing: women crying. Not so much painful as really annoying. The women in my family are always in control of themselves, not at all like some who come to the hotel where I work at 2AM blubbering, "*sniff* do you *sob* have any *sniff* rooms available?!" No. No we don't, please go away, I don't know what situation you're bringing in here with you but we don't want any part of it. I don't actually say that to them, but I want to. (And anyone who thinks that sounds cruel is welcome to cover for me one of these nights. -_- )

I can handle pretty much anything that normally makes you annoyed. Things Like screaming, white noise, sonars, mosquito, buzzing. The things that really bugs me, though, are the small things, which you barely notice at times. Like humming. Or breathing. Muttering, too. Maybe even the wind whistling ever so slightly. These things really grate my nerves for whatever reason, furious even.