Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Noises that you can't stand

cider float

So going as a sister thread by the "Something you can't stand the smell of" thread, what noises you can't stand?

For me it's honking from other cars, screeching on a chalkboard

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

The sound of alarm clocks when it's not mine.

Actually, scratch that: alarm clocks are annoying no matter whose they are.

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 2

The sounds of teeny bopper music like that ewwww

• Brohoof 2

Plastic food packets

eg crisp packets or big bags of sweets or chocolate.

When people dip there hand in and the packets crunch loads it’s horrible and annoying!

Dogs barking

it’s annoying and loud and aggressive. One reason I feel uncomfortable round dogs.

When my cats constantly meow

I love cats especially my two burmese  and the odd meow is fine and I often imitate them when they meow at me. But Burmese are very affectionate , and sometimes my cats whine outside my door wanting attention and the loud pronounced meow is just infuriating.

Confession: Once Polly the lilac girl was meowing outside my door, and I decided I was so annoyed at the sound this time she’d annoyed me too much and I was going to murder her literally by throwing her across the room against a wall. 

However, I opened the door and within literal seconds I was cuddling her and loved her too much to actually do something about the moment of madness

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My house sounds (and doorbell), and the styrofoam squeeking

I had to be around a bored child who had styrofoam to play with and...

So that's my story, Your Honor.

Edited by ARagY

I hate the ever-cliched sound of fingernails scraping across a chalkboard.

Little kids' voices can sometimes be annoying, mainly when they haven't learned to adjust the volume of their voice to the situation.

• Brohoof 3

Let's see, the sound of tapping or repeated knocking, vacuums, various high pitched sounds, and loud sounds.

The differences between the latter two are: high pitched sounds are to me, sounds that are very high pitched. Loud sounds are usually straight-up blasting into my ear drums.

(edited)

The sound of a baby crying or a little child screaming makes me quite annoyed. It's so high-pitched and loud. It doesn't help that it's just continuous crying all the time until they've finally quieted down themselves. >_<

The sound of an alarm going off makes me really nervous too, whether it's mine or somebody else's.  Although it isn't as annoying as seeing a child cry.

Edited by Odyssey
  • Brohoof 1

Well I hated the sound of school bell...reminded me all the times I'm at the school. Now I hate the sound of my professors when they say: "So the next written examination's time is...".

• Brohoof 1

Kids or babies crying or screaming at restaurants... :okiedokielokie:. It makes me feel like the food I'm eating is screaming in pain.

Also screeching super-high pitched sounds.

• Brohoof 1

I hate the sounds of high pitched winds in my room, they are so annoying and to avoid those I always have to close my window.

Another annoying sound to me is the creaking noise of a desk chair, so annoying those noise are!

• Brohoof 1

Probably this:

What in the name of Celestia is this unarticulate, nerve-trying, unintelligible sin which was brought by demons from the ninth circle of hell?

• Brohoof 1

I hate the sound of pieces of polystyrene rubbing together. Makes me cringe. Whenever my friends get a takeout and the burgers that come in the polystyrene boxes... Well, you know the rest... *cringe*

Probably this:

And also this:

How come you don't like the intro song?

• Brohoof 1