Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's that one food that you can't stand no matter how old you are?

Slappy Bird

We all have that food you have as a little kid, but grew to like (or at least tolerate) them when you're a teenager/adult.

But when I was reminiscing of food I ate when I was a little kid, and one of them was those tiny shrimps that I often find in soups. I hated them, and still hate them today; not helping matter is that I'm Vietnamese, and most of the soup-based food contains those tiny shrimps.

So what food is like that to you?

• Brohoof 1

I've never liked cheese. Don't know what it is, but I just cannot stand the taste of it. I can tolerate a little bit in maybe a burger, but if I can avoid it completely, I will.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I hate seafood, and will never enjoy it, it has such an usual and disgusting taste that I cannot even swallow at all, not to mention the one time I tried dried fish at some exotic market, I just wanted to vomit straight away, absolutely disgusting.

Edited by Spark Thunderbass
  • Brohoof 1

Peas. I hate the smell, taste and texture of them. I can deal with fresh peas right off the vine but that’s as close as it comes. Lima beans are right up there with them on the list of infamy.

• Brohoof 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Hugs 1

On 2024-02-15 at 6:40 AM, Otaku-sempai said:

For me it's Brussel sprouts. Never cared for them and probably never will. 

I'm wondering, what does it taste like? Look like baby cabbage

• Brohoof 2

I have many of them:

Blood Sausages, I cant stand the smell of hot coagulated blood

Cactus, am mexican but am one of the few who doesnt like one of our signature vegetables

Liver, the taste and texture simply is not my thing, I enjoy pate though.

Bugs, I never tasted nor I would like to eat crickets, snails, and in some spots they fry tarantulas, and ... just no

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Rethajni said:

I have many of them:

Blood Sausages, I cant stand the smell of hot coagulated blood

Cactus, am mexican but am one of the few who doesnt like one of our signature vegetables

Liver, the taste and texture simply is not my thing, I enjoy pate though.

Bugs, I never tasted nor I would like to eat crickets, snails, and in some spots they fry tarantulas, and ... just no

Liver, ugh. Thanks for reminding me. 

• Brohoof 2

Plenty of choices, but above all else, raisins. Even their scent is enough to trigger a gag response from me. They are basically shriveled abhorrence, to put it in the most dramatic way possible.

• Brohoof 3
  • Delighted Giggle 1

1 hour ago, Kyoshi Frost Wolf said:

Plenty of choices, but above all else, raisins. Even their scent is enough to trigger a gag response from me. They are basically shriveled abhorrence, to put it in the most dramatic way possible.

LOL you are the third person I know who hates them Hahaha including @Sir Hugsalot

as for myself.. I wish I didn’t have a gag reflex to anise. Or Iceberg lettuce. @.@ …

edit; ok fourth person to hate raisins here is @Rikifive I’m collecting these xD 

• Brohoof 5
  • Delighted Giggle 1

Seafood, I cannot stand most seafood, the smell, the taste, the texture.

Like I'm pretty sure if I was on a stranded island and my only option was fish, I'd probably end up starving

• Brohoof 4

Oh not the raisins, ruining cakes since... uh... the year they were invented YEAH! Bitterness in otherwise sweet food? Something squishy in otherwise smooth/soft food? MEH!

• Brohoof 5

1 hour ago, Megas said:

Seafood, I cannot stand most seafood, the smell, the taste, the texture.

Like I'm pretty sure if I was on a stranded island and my only option was fish, I'd probably end up starving

Salmon is the one thing I'd never touch:stressed:  There's no taste to it.  

1 hour ago, Rikifive said:

Oh not the raisins, ruining cakes since... uh... the year they were invented YEAH! Bitterness in otherwise sweet food? Something squishy in otherwise smooth/soft food? MEH!

Garfield hates those.  

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

"chicken salad" I can't stand that abomination.

Now, I want to clarify this so it is not misunderstood what I mean here. I put it in quotes for a reason here.

I am NOT talking about an ACTUAL salad: lettuce, tomato etc with chicken on it.

Oh no no no no, this "food" if you can call it that is FRUIT with some kind of  mystery sauce with chicken pieces thrown in.

Yep, it has NOTHING to do with A REAL chicken salad yet SHARES THE EXACT SAME NAME.

I mega ultra super hyper loathe this "thing" that attempts to copy the name of a great food dish.

On 2024-02-15 at 4:41 AM, Cash In said:

I've never liked cheese. Don't know what it is, but I just cannot stand the taste of it. I can tolerate a little bit in maybe a burger, but if I can avoid it completely, I will.

Is it just processed cheese or have you tried fresher ones as well? I just ask because I cannot stand processed crap but love to eat fresher deli versions 

Edited by shadowmoon Dancer
Autocorrect fix
  • Brohoof 2

On 2024-02-22 at 9:28 PM, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Salmon is the one thing I'd never touch:stressed:  There's no taste to it.  

Garfield hates those.  

Feeding raisins to cats is poisonous to them, so fair play for Garfield.

• Brohoof 1

RAW CARROTS i've tried so many times, I eat them every time I have the opportunity to see if my taste will change and they are always SO GROSS! Lol!

image.gif.475fb6863604b51b13a584849690e3c4.gif

On 2024-02-22 at 9:51 PM, Rikifive said:

Completely unrelated but PAIMON PROFILE PIC YAY!

Also 100% agree about raisins in cakes! I don't mind them by themselves but their texture in baked goods? No thanks lol!

image.gif.c84f36d8908699669ee74ce633550acf.gif

• Brohoof 3